Hacking The general VC rom injection thread (NES,GB/C/A etc.)

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi here !

i folowed the guide from the iso site, but i'm stuck here :

i tried to edit the game dragon power, or in french, dragon ball : le secret du dragon, but both roms got that header :

4E 45 53 1A 08 04 21 40 00 00

They dont have the same 4 bytes (wich are suposed to be : 54 4E 45 53 ), so i must admit i'm lost :/

could you give me some help ? this is the actual information i had from nes mapper :

NES Mapper : 2 - ROM (PRG) Switch [U(x)ROM]

Mirroring : [Vertical Mirroring]

Program Size (PRG) : 128kb (8 x 16kb pages )

Character Size (CHR) : 32kb (4 x 8kb pages )

NO VRAM or WRAM

i also found that from the nesmapper.txt if it could help too :

Dragonball 128k PRG / 32k CHR V 74161/32 (66)

Thanks a lot for help !

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having trouble with two things here. First, 3DSBannerTool is not packing my custom icons correctly. The icons I get on the console are the default homebrew ones. Second, I can't seem to get my converter to package my GBA VC .CIAs correctly. They're too small and refuse to boot. Does anyone have a link to a converter that just plain works for this?

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question (and if it has already been answered I apologize, I may have read over it), how can we extract working nes games from the cia? I got the romfs with the file, but it's a tnes files that does not work on an emulator or nes flashcart.

Edit: Never mind, I've sort of figured it out. It still won't work on fceux but it works on a flash cart, which was the end goal anyway.

Last edited by nasune,

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to reduce the header size of a SNES rom? A new translation patch was released for Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War but it makes the header go from 32Mbits to 64Mbits which is impossible to inject.

P

PaiiNSteven

For the NES, add multirom. Its unused but works; I myself have never gotten it to work however.
"While only compatible with the NES Virtual Console container, if multiple NES binaries are placed within the /rom/ directory of the Virtual Console RomFS and modified appropriately to run, when you start the application, you'll be presented with a menu in which you can explore the Virtual Console's RomFS contents and boot a different game, although to change the game you're playing does require you close and restart the application." from tcrf.org

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
For the NES, add multirom. Its unused but works; I myself have never gotten it to work however.
"While only compatible with the NES Virtual Console container, if multiple NES binaries are placed within the /rom/ directory of the Virtual Console RomFS and modified appropriately to run, when you start the application, you'll be presented with a menu in which you can explore the Virtual Console's RomFS contents and boot a different game, although to change the game you're playing does require you close and restart the application." from tcrf.org
pretty sure that info was added here first, either way it's already in the OP

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there ANY way to make Gameboy roms colorful like they would be on a Gameboy Color or Super Gameboy?
Is there some kind of rom converter or hacked VC ini file or anything else?

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is possible inject famicom disk roms ?
For example in japan eshop there are games
"metroid " ,bubble bubble" "castle murasame" "Zelda II"

Last edited by angelhp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat