is injecting snes roms that use hi res mode into vc possible?

steval_beaning

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did anyone ever manage to inject games that used the SNES's 512px hi res video mode (like the secret of mana menus) in a way that displays properly? i say this because there's stuff floating around about people (supposedly?) managing to do it, like this post that mentions 'changing the region code in the rom header to North America' to fix garbled text etc. and i'd rather use vc injection because standalone emulators (e.g snes9x_3ds) have sound issues (e.g. super mario world spinjump sounds garbled). additionally there's this post that suggests that setting the aspect ratio to 4:3 fixes this (something i couldn't get to work myself). also from what i can gather some people had mentioned working versions being avaliable on a 'certain iso site' which since shut down.
Post automatically merged:

apparently someone claimed to have managed to inject it? https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-snes-vc-decrypting-doesnt-work.417354/post-6143239

Last edited by steval_beaning,

steval_beaning

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
THERE HAS BEEN A BREAKTHROUGH!!!! injecting a Secret of Mana data.bin created with SFROM tool into a .cia of Mario's Super Picross fixes the text completely! Though now i'm not sure how I would go about changing the icon and banner to fit...

i'm not sure but it might have something to do with the code.bin that's in exefs? the file is different to what NSUI generates

hm... replacing the code.bin causes it to hang at the 'nintendo 3ds' screen when you launch a game

I can change the icons and name in NSUI but not the game ID nor the banner (crashes with an arm11 error when i change the gameid) so i wouldn't be able to do this for multiple games

Last edited by steval_beaning,
Reactions: Webardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...