The Flow's upcoming HENkaku exploit has not been patched out by new 3.68 Vita firmware

qe119wn.png

Last Monday, we saw the unexpected release of a new firmware for the PlayStation Vita. The biggest question that seemed to run through people's minds was, "did The Flow's exploit get patched?" Now, it appears that he's gone through and tested out his new unreleased hack for 3.67 on the latest firmware, and it has been confirmed that the upcoming exploit has not been patched out, and The Flow already managed to get Henkaku on it. This doesn't mean we'll be getting a 3.68 hack for certain, but it does mean that the door is open for future exploits on this firmware.

Though this is good news, those that want homebrew on their Vita shouldn't update just yet. As always, if you have the coveted 3.60 FW, stay on it, and if you're above that, it's still unwise to update to 3.68 as of yet. While The Flow is hard at work providing players will an exploit for higher firmwares, and there's a possibility of a 3.68 FW hack being possible at some point, there's still no scheduled timeframe for the 3.67 exploit, and he's not announced anything other than his recent findings in regards to 3.68.

calagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The Vita is awesome for retro gaming on the go and I just love how Adrenaline give us such an enhanced PSP experience.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
If you change your wifi settings and put the henkaku dns (212.47.229.76) as both the primary and secondary DNS not only it prevents the system from updating, but it also lets you visit the PS Store and do Remote Play without updating
For real? I'll add this to the OP if true, cuz man, I'd love to have remote play again. Is that for all older firmwares, or newer ones, or?

Reactions: WOOO1234

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For real? I'll add this to the OP if true, cuz man, I'd love to have remote play again. Is that for all older firmwares, or newer ones, or?
Iirc it's useful for 3.65 - 3.67, because apparently it has the same certifies or something? it just checks it's the latest version
(Happilly using the PSN Store on OFW 3.65 with those DNS, without them I can't access the store without the system prompting me to update, I haven't tried Remote play but it should be the same as accessing the PSN Store)

WOOO1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes me want to get a new Vita so I can do henkaku enso and use remote play as well. Can someone verify if this works with remote play? Only reason I updates. He should be right because to use remote play you must sign in, which I couldn't do unless I updated for remote play.

GLAD I ASKED!!! Hopefully this is some more helpful info.

Thanks @THEELEMENTKH

Also I have time would love to help the community on here I'm new and love to learn. If anyone has a ps Vita with henkaku enso or a Vita with 3.60 fw or below I'm interested in buying.

Last edited by WOOO1234,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even find a real new vita anymore. Jpn or not. Unless it's just the ebay app being a douche, I want that blue one, but there listed as new and yet say they are not new in the description lmfao.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I can't even find a real new vita anymore. Jpn or not. Unless it's just the ebay app being a douche, I want that blue one, but there listed as new and yet say they are not new in the description lmfao.
I dont trust ebay. A little on amazon but not ebay for brand new gadgets. Even if you get them sealed, you dont know if it was genuinely new or just repacked. You know, asian powers.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly not like they come with a seal like systems used too. It is easy to find ones 3.61 and above but until that exploit is released its a luck of draw, I guess you could always buy one listed as new and if it comes with anything higher then 3.60 excluding the silver and red you can claim it as not new I wonder if ebay would honor that lol

WOOO1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On eBay there's new and BRAND NEW. Amazon you would have to choose new or used( look to see who seller is and reviews. Yea I like that blue ps Vita. I'm thinking of just swapping motherboards just because my microusb slot charges but have to put in a couple times. So I'm looking at new vitas but they r expensive and just getting more expensive. If I swap motherboards it would have new micro USB slot correct?

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
O decisions. Also if I get a Vita fw <3.65 I can get enso correct once new chain is out?
Once theFl0w's exploit has been released, yes you can install in any firmware till 3.68. i recommend staying in the lowest firmware still til it was released.
but now, no.
i remember seeing on of his posts telling he used his exploit to dissect the changes in 3.68.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1