Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl adds voices in new update

capsule_616x353.jpg

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl has received a surprising amount of support post-launch. Besides regular balance patches, a number of free content updates have been made, adding things like alternate costumes, a new stage based on Double Dare, or new characters (namely, Garfield and Shredder). Another free update today added items and, more importantly, addressed the notable absence of voice acting from a cartoon-themed game.

Of the twenty-three characters currently available, only seven are not voiced by their actor from their respective cartoon. Those seven are Nigel Thornberry, Oblina, April O'Neil, Reptar, Aang, Toph and Powdered Toast Man. Characters that have had several voice actors, like Lincoln Loud and Ren, are voiced by their most recent actor, with the exception of Leonardo, Michelangelo and Shredder, who are voiced by their actors from the 1980s cartoon. Developer Ludosity made no mention of the two upcoming paid DLC characters, Hugh Neutron and Rocko, although Hugh Neutron's voice actor Mark DeCarlo has confirmed he will be reprising his role for the game.

For those interested in trying out Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, it became available for PS Plus members starting today and lasting through June.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for reminding me about this month's games, have them downloading now. the Nickelodeon brawler is one I seriously considering buy; now, I don't have to. :D

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't think I can ever accept anyone but the late Lorenzo Music as Garfield's voice mostly because of how many years he did his voice but I guess the current one works well enough.

I wonder if they'll do another Ghostbusters movie and then Jim Davis will take another voice actor from that movie. Lorenzo Music and Bill Murray played the same ghostbusters character before doing Garfield.

Last edited by fvig2001,
Reactions: DS1

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reckon they should have just straight-up delayed the game until this was ready. They could have used the time to flesh things out further, from what I hear.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Who cares? The hype train has already departed for Multiversus Station.

Shouldn't have released a bland unfinished game if they wanted people to give it a chance.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF did they do to ren and stimpy.... it's like they murdered em brought back to life and they sound like FUCKING ZOMBIES!
still i'm not impressed by most of the cast but at least garfield sound's like garfield at least.

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WTF did they do to ren and stimpy.... it's like they murdered em brought back to life and they sound like FUCKING ZOMBIES!
still i'm not impressed by most of the cast but at least garfield sound's like garfield at least.
I'm not really a Ren and Stimpy guy but I'd say it's just due to Billy West's age. I found SpongeBob didn't sound great either.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It baffles me that nowadays you need to wait 8 MONTHS for a patch so those well-known characters will have VOICES.
That should've been added at launch! LAUNCH!
er...the developer makes it clear on his twitter that they couldn't get the voices due to the stupid contract legalization issues..so if you want to blame somebody, blame the rules on contracts that VA's have, it's not the developers nor at times the VA's mostly their papers that they got ....

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Who cares? The hype train has already departed for Multiversus Station.

Shouldn't have released a bland unfinished game if they wanted people to give it a chance.
they didn't want to release the game in this state at all, if anybody else who replies here at all or notice the post here would have the decency to notice that developer *has* a twitter account, he explains it all; it wasn't up to him to decide when the game should release it was Nick, not them, to further add on the developers wanted to take their time to finish it whole, they have been updating the game relentlessly to keep it polished just the sheer fact that you got a developer - especially now in this year trying their hardest to get the game to work well, communicating with the customers that bought it and releasing content still to doing the promise they made on adding VA after having a darn struggle with the VA's contracts that they got - really shows that they did care so much for this game, i am happy to see that there still people out there that have *real* dedication, passion and (since you brought that game up) don't resort to using the scummy tactic ever 'free-to-play' - game is gonna be filled with microtransaction the multiversus, cause if you don't know WB loves to screw it's player base with scummy corporate tactics with the games they have released, and lastly the game doesn't feel that great by the way, it feels stiff - something is off about it.
i noticed some folks who played the game pointing out that it doesn't feel complete, - yes it's on alpha stage but that doesn't excuse anything, - it needs some fixing.

just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it's gonna have the passion of an actual product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tap to get bigger!