The Epic Games Store's latest free game is Among Us

sadadsads.png

Epic's latest hidden mystery freebie has been announced, with the identity of the game revealed to be none other than Among Us. Taking the place of NBA 2K21, Among Us, which normally costs $4.99, will be free to claim on the Epic Games Store from now until June 3rd. The Epic Mega Sale will continue on as well, with another free game to be unveiled on that same day. Those interested can grab it from the Epic Games Store link below.

:arrow: Source

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss is about with this game? I played it a while back and to me it was the biggest load of sh@t I have had the misfortune to play in many a year. I just don't get why everyone thinks its amazing.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone please explain to me what all the fuss is about with this game? I played it a while back and to me it was the biggest load of sh@t I have had the misfortune to play in many a year. I just don't get why everyone thinks its amazing.
The game appeals to the little kids that watch Twitch streamers who discovered that game literally 3 years late, it's just another abomination of a hype, sadly it lasts the longest so far.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's only as fun as the group you're playing with make it. Tactics and lying and strategizing is what makes it fun in my opinion.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's only as fun as the group you're playing with make it. Tactics and lying and strategizing is what makes it fun in my opinion.
And that's the next thing wrong with the game: people that think it is fun to play this with your friends. A game, which goal it is to eliminate one after the other, based on accusing each other for eliminations which could be strategized as you called it, but are "gReEn SuS" and nothing else in the end.
I'd rather play Gnosia without the cringey community if I want to engange with that playstyle.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Playing it alone or with one friend is terrible, but if you get several people together and treat it as a party game instead of a big brain detective skill exhibition it's great fun. I once did a Discord call with 8 people where we all played, and if we got killed we had to take a shot of scotch. By the end of it we were out of our mind and laughing and giggling nonstop.

It's as fun as you make it.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a pretty terrible deception game since there's not a whole lot to it compared to Mafia and Werewolf style games. But it's an okay party game if you have a group of friends to play with. But I'd play Town of Salem over it any day because at the point I'm playing with enough people that AMOGUS becomes even remotely fun there are better games we could be playing. I think susposting is the most fun thing to come from the game honestly.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's really fun with friends. It's only as fun as you make it.

It's based off of the Mafia game that originated in the USSR that's popular around the world.

https://icebreakerideas.com/mafia-game/

Every country has their own version of this game. In Japan it's Werewolves instead of the Mafia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz