Death Stranding is the next free Epic giveaway game

death-stranding-banner.jpg

After giving away a week full of games, what has Epic saved for Christmas Day itself? Starting later today, you'll be able to claim a free copy of Death Stranding on the Epic Games Store. The reveal was found in Epic's database, and was then teased by Epic's Chinese region website with, "tomorrow is in your hands" which is a specific phrase from the game. Various sources are claiming this as official, though no confirmation has been made yet. Either way, it seems incredibly likely that starting at 8AM PST, Death Stranding, specifically the original edition and not the Director's Cut, will be the next free game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Epic i'll take literally anything else
You got a game that's the equivalent of an old piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe? I'll take that instead.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Epic i'll take literally anything else
You got a game that's the equivalent of an old piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe? I'll take that instead.
Correct. Death Stranding is so good it shouldn't be given away, but sold strictly at $69,99 in perpetuity.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What a good deal! Shame I don't like Epic. They're evil and gross, they made Fortnite. Eewwww.
what are u saying, friend? Fortnite is fun tho, excluding those screaming kids who claimed they focked ur mother, Fortnite is indeed a good BR game, should try it some times. :)

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Wait, how can it be the original version if it was delisted from all the digital stores?
It has to be the Director's Cut version.
EDIT: Yup.
EDIT 2: Goddamnit.

Last edited by RedoLane,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this is true as it'd be cool to have it.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, how can it be the original version if it was delisted from all the digital stores?
It has to be the Director's Cut version.
Yeah, the DC is the one on the EGS store.

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

After giving away a week full of games, what has Epic saved for Christmas Day itself? Starting later today, you'll be able to claim a free copy of Death Stranding on the Epic Games Store. The reveal was found in Epic's database, and was then teased by Epic's Chinese region website with, "tomorrow is in your hands" which is a specific phrase from the game. Various sources are claiming this as official, though no confirmation has been made yet. Either way, it seems incredibly likely that starting at 8AM PST, Death Stranding, specifically the original edition and not the Director's Cut, will be the next free game.
i mean its free but i hate the epic games launcher with a passion. probably wont play the game

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean its free but i hate the epic games launcher with a passion. probably wont play the game
It's the Director's Cut and costs $24 so getting that for free isn't too bad.

Hopefully the EGS store is here to stay and doesn't shut down for whatever reason. If that were to happen, most people who claim the free games never spent a dime there so at most they'd just feel disappointed, I'd say.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost every post here is dissin' the free AAA game. Why did you even click on the news item if you feel that way about Epic? I mean it is free. How do you criticize free without coming off like an entitled and immature gamer?

Oh wait.

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It's the Director's Cut and costs $24 so getting that for free isn't too bad.

Hopefully the EGS store is here to stay and doesn't shut down for whatever reason. If that were to happen, most people who claim the free games never spent a dime there so at most they'd just feel disappointed, I'd say.
oh wait actually? if its the directors cut i might give it a try because i could just get the normal version on PSN.

i might actually try to play it then

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wait actually? if its the directors cut i might give it a try because i could just get the normal version on PSN.

i might actually try to play it then
That's the only one available on there.

I would've preferred RDR2 instead. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.