Death Stranding is the next free Epic giveaway game

death-stranding-banner.jpg

After giving away a week full of games, what has Epic saved for Christmas Day itself? Starting later today, you'll be able to claim a free copy of Death Stranding on the Epic Games Store. The reveal was found in Epic's database, and was then teased by Epic's Chinese region website with, "tomorrow is in your hands" which is a specific phrase from the game. Various sources are claiming this as official, though no confirmation has been made yet. Either way, it seems incredibly likely that starting at 8AM PST, Death Stranding, specifically the original edition and not the Director's Cut, will be the next free game.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are begging for lawsuits then ON TOP of the lootbox shit (false advertising(
Its not really false advertising if you're not buying anything...now if you actually purchased the directors cut and received the standard edition instead.. than yes maybe false advertising

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sucks thet they changed it to the standard edition. Glad I snagged the free Directors cut when I did. Wonder if they'll explain what happened or if it was intentional that those who went in first got the upgraded version.

Last edited by Sorox,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Steam atleast isn't own by 40% by China. So I rather support it any day over Epic Games.
I agree, Steam isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's still a better choice than Epic.

Preferably I get what games I can from GoG. The DRM free aspect is another step in the right direction. Granted should something happen to Steam, it's not exactly difficult to bypass it's DRM... Still less bullshit the better.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, Steam isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's still a better choice than Epic.

Preferably I get what games I can from GoG. The DRM free aspect is another step in the right direction. Granted should something happen to Steam, it's not exactly difficult to bypass it's DRM... Still less bullshit the better.
Steam is user-friendly with its reviews, communities, better discounts, and Steam has an overall better reputation.

Epic on the other hand, who knows if the store/launcher will still exist 10-20 years later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse