Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
I don't care if it gets hacked or not I'm still gonna be all over it like a rash when it's released. I can't wait, I haven't been this excited about a console since I got my DSL.

Ahem, well......I think I've ranted about the 3DS (and Nintendo in general) enough in other threads already. Time for me to crawl back under my rock and shut the hell up.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
giratina16 said:
I don't care if it gets hacked or not I'm still gonna be all over it like a rash when it's released. I can't wait, I haven't been this excited about a console since I got my DSL.

Ahem, well......I think I've ranted about the 3DS (and Nintendo in general) enough in other threads already. Time for me to crawl back under my rock and shut the hell up.
Haha lol, I was bitching about Sony through out the whole presentation.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it comes to comments connected to size of the item, I have just one word. iPad.

It's never about the size of the item, it's about what it does.

if YOU can't put it in your pocket, you bought the wrong pair of pants. My XL fits in my pocket just fine. No more a hassle than the DS Lite was.
Granted, I like winter more, because that means leather jacket and big cargo pockets and I don't need ANYthing in my pants pockets. Nothing is always better (if you are sitting in a chair).

I wonder how the DSi versions will do of course. It seems they had a fairly short duration on the shelf. But then, I don't expect to see the 3DS on the shelf for several months too. And it is NOT going to be cheap.

I regularly hear teens thinking with their wallet on purchases. I don't see some games automatically driving sales if the player is massively more expensive.
300 bucks can get you a decent netbook computer too eh. And it is not far from an iPad. Both of which have much larger screens.

Just how much will you pay above and beyond the price of playing the game, to play the game, just because it is rendered slightly differently?

3DS might not be a replacement, so much as a Porsche version hand held only a few play on. It's not impossible.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I said it before and I say it again.
To me the XL is the definitive way to play NINTENDO DS games.
Surely I will buy a 3DS ( probably on day 1 ), and I will enjoy 3DS games on it, but why would I want to play letter boxed DS games on it that will look even smaller then on the DS Phat ?
It's the same for the GBA. I still own a GBA SP backlit, and it's great to play GBA games. I never liked the smaller , letter boxed image on the Lite, so I keep them both.

This is why I never bothered with a Micro. Who says that a smaller image is better because it's sharper ?
To me bigger is better, and I'm not blind, but I'd like to play my handled more then 4 inches away from my face when I play it, and still be able to see what's going on.

I will keep my XL for a long time, and use it every time I'd like to play DS and DSi games.
Heck, we don' t even know if our flashcarts will ever work on the 3DS.....

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
But!... The DSi XL aren't getting a OoT remake!
biggrin.gif

Not everyone enjoys playing a game that came in 98 on a new system,I find it odd people are so hyped to play a game that old and on a smaller screen no less,currently i'm happy with my lite and have no plans to get a 3ds,now maybe if they put out an english zoids title that might peak my interest in the system.....

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The micro is good for the squinty eyed. I have one but never used it I just bought it for collector value (or if it has any which I kind of doubt lol) But it was cheap. I didn't run out and buy it at full MSRP it was an overpriced gadget when it came out. Little piece of plastic and it was like what $120 or so I forget... that was a stupid ass price. I remember the hot sexy chick working at gamestop bought like 5 or 10 of them when it was released and people wanted to get on the reserve list and she kinda filled it up with her vag. But I was cool with that cos she was sexy and I wasn't going to buy that handheld anyway.

Well I'd agree that bigger screens are better so you don't have to peer into a little thing but I mean realistically I use a 23" monitor and any handheld screen is tiny. So DSi suffices much and is also apparantly more portable than a larger game. DSi already pixelates games to begin with. Those who can't tell probably have bad eyesight. I'd assume the XL would do it more even though I guess they did interpolation or something I don't know, never used one. I read reviews said the screens look fine but who knows might be fanboys.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
If screen size is your only qualm about the sexy new handheld, you sure are going to miss out on a lot.
frown.gif

If it's any consolation, the screens have more pixels crammed into the screen than the DS line...

By the way... I think the purpose of the DSi XL was for multiple people to be able to view the screen easily. Not for the visibility of one person...

Anyway, even though the screens are tiny, I think it'll be a worthy tradeoff. Besides, there's always future redesigns.

I think the DSi XL served two purposes:

Test the market to see how much money people are willing to spend on a Nintendo handheld and see how many units sell
Find out of the user base will adopt a larger system or find it too clunky to carry as a portable

Or something like that I actually forgot the second reason I had in mind right now. Sony used their newer PSP Go to test the market as well and it failed and they don't care. It was just to learn from. At least the DSi XL is not at an absurd price, unlike the PSP Go. Nintendo watches the sales of every manufacturer's systems and learns from their mistakes too. Basically Nintendo profits off of other Japanese people's failures.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope a 3ds xl comes out at release simultaniously id pay the inflated price for a bigger unit i rather play on my xl than my dsi or lite it just feels better and whoever thinks it cant be on the go unit must be midget sized cause the xl just fits beter in your hands and i play it anywhere, besides its a perfect fit in my jean front pocket showing a corser of its sexyness.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yuyuyup said:
I still want a dsi xl, but can't do the dsi trade-in, but it was hardly a deal anyways, 3DS is obviously the shit but dsi early adopters got burned

I'm inclined to agree, that the DSi purchases were hosed. The DSi XL is a nice purchase, as it has such nice large screens. But a standard DSi is no real thrill, and the 3DS comes out so shortly thereafter making the standard DSi an almost waste of money.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
LOL @ TC, Why have you bought a handheld in the first place if you hate small screens? You like large screens so you can play easy, which means you need a HOME CONSOLE, like the PS3, XBOX360 or Wii, because a handheld like DS is not made for people who like big screens, no. Now why the DSi XL was made? For old people, so they could see whats going on lol.

I do however agree to what you said about the 3DS coming too early, I think it should've been released in late 2012, since the DSi is still brand new, OR they could've avoided making a DSi and release the 3DS itself, then you could've had your 3DS XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4