Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I got a DSI XL a few weeks ago and the bottom Display had this Yellow touch. The Potentiometer couldn’t do anything so I bought a new screen and digitizer. Now after replacement it’s still the same so maybe it’s not the screen. Do someone know about this?

This was before the replacement:
IMG_4825.jpeg

And this after:
5481c762-f864-4eef-9297-5cf2e17b2042.jpeg

Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you guy I think I found the issue. I pressed a bit on the flex cable and the wibbled on the screen i think that’s the issue … AliExpress screen …. I think I need some micro soldering it is broken on one trace on the side and I didn’t see it because it’s so small

Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The replacement screen is installed now but the issue remains... Might be a damaged mainboard and i have no clue where it is damaged. Okay i found the issue is the ribbon connector on the Board.

Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was not the connector i thought it was when i putted my finger on the connector and I changed colors but I think it had something to do with the resistense of my finger. So this might be some Motherboard error but I have no clue where I can start

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was not the connector i thought it was when i putted my finger on the connector and I changed colors but I think it had something to do with the resistense of my finger. So this might be some Motherboard error but I have no clue where I can start
Maybe the board is failing to deliver a color?

Maybe it's a resistor, a capacitor. Certainly can't tell, I've only had this problem once with a DS Lite and it was the screen.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Marax

Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That might be the problem but i dont have the shematics to look deeper into this. This machine might need a new Board. But i spend way too much on it. I bought 2 new screens because i thought the second one was defective. Very annoying.

Marax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I now desoldered the ribbon connector cable and solder es in a new one from an dsi with broken nand. And exactly the same.... Idk i think the board is just broken.
Maybe its just a small cap or smth but i habe no more clue for this one.

IMG_5257.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol