Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey. So yeah. Just lately I am having troubles launching HBC on my Wii U (not vWii). I am using an Sandisk 64gb mem. card, and I know it works. It works fine on my camera, and my PC and laptop. For some reason, I can't make homebrew work on my Wii U. I have the files in wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher. The HB folder is the same name as the .ELF file. I tried other memory cards, and I still get the same problem. Whenever the fake video pops up, I go to a white screen with the Wii U logo on the bottom right. Then it freezes on that screen with a little buzz noise. Help? Thanks!

Two things:
  • The elf must be named boot.elf, not homebrew_launcher.elf
  • Have you deleted the cookies? (Delete all saved data if this is the first time running it)

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
My router runs Tomato Shibby firmware which comes with a built in NGINX instance capable of running php. Has anyone hosted the exploit directly on their router this way? It would be mega convenient if it works. I'll be trying it a bit later today if nobody else has.
Initially it didn't work, but then I tried again and whaddya know, it worked 100%. There's definitely something going on in that sometimes it works and other times not, but it's uber convenient to have the exploit hosted on my router instead of my PC. Woohoo!

Last edited by jayjay123,

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
Initially it didn't work, but then I tried again and whaddya know, it worked 100%. There's definitely something going on in that sometimes it works and other times not, but it's uber convenient to have the exploit hosted on my router instead of my PC. Woohoo!
Seems I spoke too soon :( I didn't realise but I'd bookmarked my PC instead of the router and thought it was successful on the router... never mind :)

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't see it in the guide, but was it not possible to have the exploit on some weird SD card with built-in wifi, and by using it you didn't actually have to go online at all? Is there a guide on what to buy and how to install with it?

malucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't see it in the guide, but was it not possible to have the exploit on some weird SD card with built-in wifi, and by using it you didn't actually have to go online at all? Is there a guide on what to buy and how to install with it?
You never needed to go online. There are several ways to do it offline:

Disconnect modem from router (most obvious)
Create a Wi-Fi hotspot and disconnect the device doing it from the Internet (easily doable with an Android phone)
Block your console's MAC

BTW, why would you want to do this offline?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've gotten lots of help from this forum, thanks for everyone who does the guides and answers questions its very helpful.

Two things:
1. It is working for me by going to http://loadiine.ovh - but why do I get "CGI failure" error when using Mongoose? I've searched for this issue but haven't seen any answer yet. I would rather self-host than use the internet.

2. In the guide in the first post, under "Start Hacking" section, it states "1. Place at SD:/wiiu/apps/HBL/" - I think it should read "1. Place at SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/" or simply "SD:/wiiu/apps/" because the download already includes the /homebrew_launcer folder. I had changed it literally to "HBL" and then got error saying launcher file could not be found.
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for #1. But very good point with #2, and thanks for pointing it out. I changed the OP to say "Place at SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher" :)

krylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for #1. But very good point with #2, and thanks for pointing it out. I changed the OP to say "Place at SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher" :)

Got an other good point.
I had issues with getting my SD working.
Took me two days to figure out that you can set the card to Primary or secondary. Drives.
When your sd is an secondary device it will say "SD mount failed "
UsedMiniTool Partition Wizard

Last edited by krylo,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please tell me if I posted this comment in the wrong place, I am kinda, well brand new at GBA Temp. Thanks!

I have a Wii U Deluxe with 5.5.1 About 2 weeks ago, I went to Disney World, and when I came back home, I went to go back on my Wii U (this happened a week ago). I have been trying to get on homebrew and it loads, but it gets to the fake video and a white screen saying "Wii U" on the bottom right corner. It always freezes at that screen. The files are in my 32gb Toshiba SDHC FAT32 formatted SD Card. this is what the SD Card has on it: In the wiiu folder on the root, it has three subfolders: games, apps and saves. in the games folder in the wii u folder it has Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Party 10, and Super Mario Bros U. In the Saves folder in the Wiiu folder it has folders with the name of the games with the save files. In the apps folder I have homebrew_launcher and in the HBL folder, I have homebrew_launcher.elf and I have loadiine_gx2 and in that folder is loadiine_gx2.elf. So all the files are in the right places, but when it loads the fake video and then the white screen with the Wii U symbol on the bottom right corner on the GamePad, it freezes at that. I tried different SD Cards, formatted my Wii U, and nothing. The time this is posted, i formatted my Wii U about 30 minutes ago, and i decided to make an GBATemp account to see if you guys can help me. Thanks in advance! This is really irritating me.

Last edited by TheFrenchiestToastYou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol