Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

  • Thread starter Thread starter fiveighteen
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,936,996
  • Replies Replies 3,962
  • Likes Likes 116
Is something wrong with v3?
really just need to get in, fiddle with a few values, like it, exit and done. return to v4(GX2)

Could I just grab v3, edit index.html to point to the v3 folder, then just follow the old method (non-GX2)

Side-Q: where do I put the 02/12 GX2 updated .elf that includes downloading covers...its just a archive with an .elf, does it replace the one in SD? hosted? <<theres two folders there....or replace ALL .elfs.
 
Last edited by HyeVltg3,
Is something wrong with v3?
really just need to get in, fiddle with a few values, like it, exit and done. return to v4(GX2)

Could I just grab v3, edit index.html to point to the v3 folder, then just follow the old method (non-GX2)

Side-Q: where do I put the 02/12 GX2 updated .elf that includes downloading covers...its just a archive with an .elf, does it replace the one in SD? hosted? <<theres two folders there....or replace ALL .elfs.
Yeah you can totally do that! Would be a good short-term fix.

Oh, I didn't even see there was an update, thanks. I'll have to get it into the DefinitivePackage. Yes, I think you can just replace the elf on SD with it and be good to go.

EDIT: Oops, I spoke before looking. That elf file would be replaced in the "loadiine-gx2-elf" folder in the DefintiivePackage (and then you'd have to point the index.html to that folder to use it since it defaults to the SD loader). The updated files for the SD loader would have to be gotten from the GitHub source.
 
Last edited by fiveighteen,
Yeah you can totally do that! Would be a good short-term fix.

Oh, I didn't even see there was an update, thanks. I'll have to get it into the DefinitivePackage. Yes, I think you can just replace the elf on SD with it and be good to go.

EDIT: Oops, I spoke before looking. That elf file would be replaced in the "loadiine-gx2-elf" folder in the DefintiivePackage (and then you'd have to point the index.html to that folder to use it since it defaults to the SD loader). The updated files for the SD loader would have to be gotten from the GitHub source.

Awesome, noted will do that after fixing my current issue.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-loadiinev4-pygecko.408902/
look what was released then buried by other thread. =O
Testing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen
try this again. :)

I just changed routers and can't figure out the website filtering.

A. Block by URL Filtering in your router settings
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/View MAC Address
2. Type the string you see into your MAC address filter (Ex: b8-ae-4e-48-36-fe)

I have a Belkin, and under website filtering I am only given 4 options that are controlled by clicking a radial dot

Block Malicious, Adult and other non-family friendly sites
Blocks malware, phishing, and scam sites and also sites that contain sexually explicit material, mature content, abortion, alcohol, tobacco, crime, cult, drugs, gambling, hate, suicide or violence


Block malicious and adult sites
Blocks malware, phishing, scam sites and sites that contain sexually explicit content

Block malicious sites
Blocks malware, phishing and scam sites

No Filters
(null)

I have gone to Belkins site to find a solution and they have a nice video on how to set up URL filtering, which leads to selecting one of the options above.

Epic
 
try this again. :)

I just changed routers and can't figure out the website filtering.

A. Block by URL Filtering in your router settings
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/View MAC Address
2. Type the string you see into your MAC address filter (Ex: b8-ae-4e-48-36-fe)

I have a Belkin, and under website filtering I am only given 4 options that are controlled by clicking a radial dot

Block Malicious, Adult and other non-family friendly sites
Blocks malware, phishing, and scam sites and also sites that contain sexually explicit material, mature content, abortion, alcohol, tobacco, crime, cult, drugs, gambling, hate, suicide or violence


Block malicious and adult sites
Blocks malware, phishing, scam sites and sites that contain sexually explicit content

Block malicious sites
Blocks malware, phishing and scam sites

No Filters
(null)

I have gone to Belkins site to find a solution and they have a nice video on how to set up URL filtering, which leads to selecting one of the options above.

Epic
The hell is going on? deja vu?
The website filtering is just for the paranoid, just get Tubehax DNS set up and you'll be fine as long as you dont do anything stupid like Update!
have had Tubehax for the past couple of weeks, everything's fine.
Plus!
Website filtering isnt provided in EVERY router settings, I dont have it either.
Also dont forget to set "Automatic Downloads" to Disable in Settings > Connect Internet > should be last option bottom.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen
Been away for awhile is gxloadiine basically loadiine v5?

Or is the compatibility the same? Splatoon??????!!
 
Been away for awhile is gxloadiine basically loadiine v5?

Or is the compatibility the same? Splatoon??????!!
GX2 is just a GUI for v4; it's essentially its own project.

They changed the launch method and have Splatoon working though (unknown if it breaks any other games). It should be released in a near-future update. There's a beta in the Loadiine GX2 thread.
 
Last edited by fiveighteen,
  • Like
Reactions: FoxMcloud5655
GX2 is just a GUI for v4; it's essentially its own project.

They changed the launch method and have Splatoon working though (unknown if it breaks any other games). It should be released in a near-future update. There's a beta in the Loadiine GX2 thread.

Wow that's great! Glad to see things are chugging along!
 
I must say this thread help me greatly setting up my WiiU on 5.4 gonna back up my games with it. Thanks to all how put into this thread. I guess the X by the download management is normal correct? I set up Tubehax and blocked nintendo urls just to be sure.


Edit: i exited a normal app and promt me to update i hit cancel sorry still alittle scubby to the WiiU scene.
 
Last edited by Mystic Shadow,
I must say this thread help me greatly setting up my WiiU on 5.4 gonna back up my games with it. Thanks to all how put into this thread. I guess the X by the download management is normal correct? I set up Tubehax and blocked nintendo urls just to be sure.


Edit: i exited a normal app and promt me to update i hit cancel sorry still alittle scubby to the WiiU scene.
The red X usually means that your WiiU can't connect with the update-services.
 
Hi, i new guy here. And i already installed loadiine in local host provide in the link of this thread. (Loadiine GX2) everything is ok but i have a problem when saving game in Bayonetta 1. It always tucks (freezes) when i try to load with loadiine GX2 when there is already a save game in the saves folder (this issue not happens at the first time run game, it is happened at the 2nd time only) so i must play all game until the end because save game will make the game freezes when run it next time. Is there anyone in the topic met the same problem and plz tell me how to resolve it. I've already changed the save type to unique but it is still happened.
 
Hi, i new guy here. And i already installed loadiine in local host provide in the link of this thread. (Loadiine GX2) everything is ok but i have a problem when saving game in Bayonetta 1. It always tucks (freezes) when i try to load with loadiine GX2 when there is already a save game in the saves folder (this issue not happens at the first time run game, it is happened at the 2nd time only) so i must play all game until the end because save game will make the game freezes when run it next time. Is there anyone in the topic met the same problem and plz tell me how to resolve it. I've already changed the save type to unique but it is still happened.
Report that to dimok in the Loadiine GX2 thread, he may want to take a look at it. :)
 
Hm very interesting! I'll get it listed. What allows you to work in userland but not kernel space?
The browser is in userspace, but if you can run an exploit that allows kernel access it will work; I was just making a not the said that this does not grant kernel by itself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen

Site & Scene News