Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You worded it badly then.

Edit:

Anyway there is speculation that this web browser update is a version that looks for how hackers are executing/jumping code.

...."it's a trap!"...

Though it might not be and it could be pure speculation.
Of course it's speculation, it's as ridiculous as it sounds.

As an example if Xenoblade Chronicles X need 5.4.0E and like to play with Loadiine do i need to update? thats the question
Well, Loadiine has three problems right now.
1. It's not exactly public.
2. Little compatibility with other firmware.
3. Limited game compatibility. (But it's always growing.)

I suggest getting to 5.3.2, as it's the most suitable for hacking right now (despite that horrible kernel exploit it has), and Loadiine will most likely work on that firmware.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Of course it's speculation, it's as ridiculous as it sounds.

Well, Loadiine has three problems right now.
1. It's not exactly public.
2. Little compatibility with other firmware.
3. Limited game compatibility.

I suggest getting to 5.3.2, as it's the most for hacking right now, and Loadiine will most likely work on that firmware.
From the compatibility almost everything is compatible even Xenoblade :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-wiiu-loadiine-compatibility-list-thread.398616/

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-wiiu-loadiine-compatibility-list-thread.398616/
Then wait on 5.3.2. Set up Tubehax DNS and get busy with the tools you have. Most hacks are actually tested and played on that firmware, because the kexploit and the userland exploit are long released.

That speculation comes from @Filzek i believe. Who seems to have a fair bit of knowledge on what's changed 5.5.0-5.5.1.

Though I admit: could be totally wrong.
Not to hate on that guy, but look at other people with 5.5 knowledge. Hykem already engineered a working IOSU exploit for it, so it's more good than speculation. But hey, I'm not holding others' acclaim against him, I just think that's not true.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: Loadiine works on 5.3.2 and actually has a few dumps you can use with it. Check for those dumps on the forum, I'm sure they're somewhere. Visit https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloa...der-for-wiiu-5-3-2-only-no-5-4-no-5-5.398623/ for info on Loadiine. :)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to ask if it is neded to update your firmware to play new games (not online)? I had 4.0.3E and i inserted my Smash Bros Disk and to play it, it updated automatically (No internet connection set or availiable). Is there a way to block updates?
Discs contain an update partition on them. If you're on 4.0.3 and the disc has 5.2.0, it's going to say "hey, you need 5.2.0 to play this." The only way to still play is to spoof your FW above the disc version number.

If you spoof to the newest FW so you can play online, however, it may still ask you to update - this is a GAME update. You'd have to use NUS Grabber to download the update on PC, then transfer to an SD card and use WUP Installer to update your disc-based game. Don't update online!

As an example if Xenoblade Chronicles X need 5.4.0E and like to play with Loadiine do i need to update? thats the question
With Loadiine, there are no update partitions. You can play any game that is in the compatibility list. You can also update games by downloading the game updates with NUS Grabber and then extracting them and overwriting the files on your SD card.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

XHD2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, currently I'm using a 64gb SD card to hold my modded backups (WiiU), however I would like to upgrade my capacity. Rather than spend $100+ on a 256gb sd card, can I use a 500gb thumb drive for $20 instead? Can Loadiine read them? I was under the impression only SD cards work for backups, and searching the forum all I see regarding thumbdrives is vWii related. Thank you in advance.

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question, currently I'm using a 64gb SD card to hold my modded backups (WiiU), however I would like to upgrade my capacity. Rather than spend $100+ on a 256gb sd card, can I use a 500gb thumb drive for $20 instead? Can Loadiine read them? I was under the impression only SD cards work for backups, and searching the forum all I see regarding thumbdrives is vWii related. Thank you in advance.
It's expected that Loadiine will get usb-support. Don't quote me on that though.

sb206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a question. I normaly use the side exploit.wiiubrew.net. But now i cant run the kernel exploit. It always stop if i try it in the browser. Whats wrong? There are any changes?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I normaly use the side exploit.wiiubrew.net. But now i cant run the kernel exploit. It always stop if i try it in the browser. Whats wrong? There are any changes?

See if the problem persists across other sites. If it does, then it's your configuration or something. If not, then it's the site that's changed somehow.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
USB support will be added soon. Though if you want it now, go for the SD card. Also, I think there has to be some place better for the dumps than your SD card, i.e. your PC or something... you can't hold it in there forever... :P.

XHD2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB support will be added soon. Though if you want it now, go for the SD card. Also, I think there has to be some place better for the dumps than your SD card, i.e. your PC or something... you can't hold it in there forever... :P.
Ah so it cant yet but its planned? I might as well hold out for that then and just get a thumb drive when its supported. I'm not just storing them on the SD, its stuff that I'm playing. Or are you saying I can currently host them on my PC and play them on the Wii U?

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some hosting help. I am hosting my own exploits. i load the all in one kernel, then after selecting a kernel, it kicks back to the menu, as it should. go back in and select loadiine, (loadiine flow), and it loads a black page that says http://selfhostedaddress/Loadiine Flow/loadiine.elf. Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1