Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like the definition of emunand in the OP is reversed. The real nand will be out-of-date and therefore retains the exploit. The emulated nand will be a patched up-to-date version.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like the definition of emunand in the OP is reversed. The real nand will be out-of-date and therefore retains the exploit. The emulated nand will be a patched up-to-date version.
@fiveighteen This is true. emuNand is usually updated to whatever the most recent version that works with patches is, while the on-board nand stays at the exploitable firmware and is not updated. The guide kinda says the reverse of this.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen This is true. emuNand is usually updated to whatever the most recent version that works with patches is, while the on-board nand stays at the exploitable firmware and is not updated. The guide kinda says the reverse of this.
Ha, oops! Good points. Thanks for catching that. Good thing it's not out yet or I'd have everyone updated ;P

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm on 5.4.0, is it okay to update to 5.5.0? I mean they both have unreleased exploits....
No. 5.4.0 has a patched Userland Exploit. 5.5.0 has a patched Kernel Exploit. New ones have been found for both, but let's say Nintendo patches the 5.5.0 Kernel Exploit that was found. If you're on 5.4.0, you still have a chance, but if you are on 5.5.0, you're screwed. (This is hypothetical)

Ultimately, the choice is yours, but there is a difference and it is recommended to stay low.

moscat

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bundle "Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set (Splatoon download code, Mario Kart 8 pre-installed)"
bought in December 2015 in Germany has firmware 5.4.0 installed, package unchanged ;(

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Sorry to hear. :(

Thanks for reporting though. Please take a moment to put it into the Wii U Serial Number Database so other users can know.

Yeh that's unfortunately, you should still be able to hack 5.4s eventually

Also, do you have to use an sd card atm to run these games, is it not impossible to use a WD/Seagate Hard drive

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, cannot wait, I personally think WD will be better than Seagate for HD reliability once it does get released

What game are you personally most interested in getting?
I only use WD drives. I even have some that are over 8 years old and still kicking.

Well, you can get games as it is and use them with the SD card, but I'm most interested in a Guitar Hero dump so I can look at trying to bring customs to the new generation.

As far as future games go:
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories
Star Fox Zero
Zelda HD remakes
The new Zelda, if it doesn't get pushed to the NX.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I only use WD drives. I even have some that are over 8 years old and still kicking.

Well, you can get games as it is and use them with the SD card, but I'm most interested in a Guitar Hero dump so I can look at trying to bring customs to the new generation.

As far as future games go:
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories
Star Fox Zero
Zelda HD remakes
The new Zelda, if it doesn't get pushed to the NX.

Most SD cards wont be able to fit those games though, I guess there are 64gb sd cards but yeh they are pricey

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
Good news! Japanese basic 8 gig wii u comes with 3.1 since they are discontinued! And even better news xenoblade x jap version also updates to 5.3.2! Now just waiting for my sd card so i can try to install the kernels.

Last edited by luan43,
Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most SD cards wont be able to fit those games though, I guess there are 64gb sd cards but yeh they are pricey
I have 9 games that take up 21.2GB of space on a 32GB Sandisk Ultra Plus that I got for $10 on Black Friday. 64GB were $20. Even if you attach a 1TB HDD, you're going to have a tremendous amount of unused space, assuming you'd leave the HDD hooked up to the Wii U 100% of the time.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have 9 games that take up 21.2GB of space on a 32GB Sandisk Ultra Plus that I got for $10 on Black Friday. 64GB were $20. Even if you attach a 1TB HDD, you're going to have a tremendous amount of unused space, assuming you'd leave the HDD hooked up to the Wii U 100% of the time.

I dunno, i checked that list and some games are 10 - 20gb each

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on the lookout for an exploitable wiiu. I came across a 32gb deluxe mario kart console, which appears to me to be ok, serial was this :FAH10145333, I don't see anything close in the list so thoughts on this particular one?

Xirok66

Trophies
XP
Country
Bundle "Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set (Splatoon download code, Mario Kart 8 pre-installed)"
bought in December 2015 in Germany has firmware 5.4.0 installed, package unchanged ;(

I bought the Mario-Kart 8 bundle in sweden a week ago with firmware 4.1

Last edited by Xirok66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...