Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since i'm receiving my xenoblade chronicles x tomorrow, does anyone know which firmware it enforces?
and will i be able to enjoy online features having tubehax dns configured?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i'm receiving my xenoblade chronicles x tomorrow, does anyone know which firmware it enforces?
I too would like to know this. Thanks
Regardless, if you're on 5.3.2 you can spoof to 5.5.0 and play (including online). TubeHax DNS only blocks the update servers.

Reactions: biged8385

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
If u are really worried about xenoblade x and are on 5.3.2, why not dump it then load it in with loadiine?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

please tutorial link spoofing
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-5-3-2.397053/

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Good find. This is true, but if I had to bet I'd say it'll be fine. :) Please report back so I can add it to the OP!
quick update
apparently the picture that the seller gave me was wrong (long story short, he has a store and when he asked pic from this employee, they sent him the old pic) and the one I got is the same as in the first post with preinstalled game
took the gamble and lucky me it's a 5.3.2 system
for those who wondering the serial number, it's FW710XXXXX

2 questions because I can't find noob thread where I can ask these questions

1. is it normal for gamepad to make clicking noise when moved? looks like there is a loose screw inside the pad, or maybe it's normal where the buttons are actually loose that they make that noise?
2. is there an PC app that can works as proxy that blocks update? I used VitaUpdateBlocker all the time on my vita without worrying that it would download updates. because most tutorials involved make changes to the router to block the URL, and unfortunately that's not an option for me

Last edited by Garou,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're currently only banning people who are caught cheating/modding online in games and that's based solely off other users reporting them. So as long as you aren't doing anything to blatantly give yourself away, you should be okay at least for now, that's my understanding anyways, although i've been out of the homebrew loop for a while for obvious reasons :P

Reactions: fiveighteen

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
quick update
apparently the picture that the seller gave me was wrong (long story short, he has a store and when he asked pic from this employee, they sent him the old pic) and the one I got is the same as in the first post with preinstalled game

1. is it normal for gamepad to make clicking noise when moved? looks like there is a loose screw inside the pad, or maybe it's normal where the buttons are actually loose that they make that noise?
2. is there an PC app that can works as proxy that blocks update? I used VitaUpdateBlocker all the time on my vita without worrying that it would download updates. because most tutorials involved make changes to the router to block the URL, and unfortunately that's not an option for me
That is not normal.
You can use openDNS, there are threads on the site that will tell you which update servers to block and the address for them. If you have a dynamic IP then make sure to use the openDNS desktop client to constantly update the IP in the openDNS web client.

Reactions: Garou

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not normal.
You can use openDNS, there are threads on the site that will tell you which update servers to block and the address for them. If you have a dynamic IP then make sure to use the openDNS desktop client to constantly update the IP in the openDNS web client.
If anyone uses OpenDNS, make sure you follow the guide in my sig TO THE "T". Also I believe there are a few more update IPs that should be blocked since I wrote it, I can't remember off the top of my head. Either I or Cyan will add them after too long most likely, if I can find them

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick update

Lucky you! Makes sense if they told you it was old stock.

1. No, that's not normal. I've had mine for almost a year now and the Game Pad is silent while being carried or waved around.

2. Set up TubeHax DNS on your Wii U for Primary DNS. I can't stress this enough. Guide near the top of the OP. I highly so not recommend OpenDNS, but if you want to take that gamble, at least do it on the Secondary DNS slot.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Set up TubeHax DNS on your Wii U for Primary DNS. I can't stress this enough. Guide near the top of the OP. I highly so not recommend OpenDNS, but if you want to take that gamble, at least do it on the Secondary DNS slot.
Also, if you REALLY want to use your computer as a proxy to block updates, there's a tutorial in the tutorials section for setting up CCProxy to block updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo