Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just got a 5.3.0 system, is there any kind of real tutorial on how to get wii u back up games to work? I can;t find much tutorial concerning this, only bit and bit of info on using loadline.
um.... this is a tutorial. the first post in this thread, ya know, with all the spoilers? its not just info on loadiine. its everything you need to know, and how to do it. all of it. its pretty basic too. here, i made a picture for you since you might have skimmed it considering you asked. http://i.imgur.com/bjG4n2A.png there's the whole post! even color coded whats what! black is what you asked for, which is basically what you need know before using loadiine and how to use loadiine. red it extra stuffs that is either good to know/needed to know before complaining about a problem, blue is for the more advanced people, and orange is for if you're past 5.3.2. if that's too confusing, then whatever i marked in black is what you need to go look at. Here is a link if you don't know how to go to the first page. https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ and here is a link to the loadiine compatibility thread and chart, for when you get loadiine working, https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-wiiu-loadiine-compatibility-list-thread.398616/ Hope this helps!

as a side note,
Asking for a "real tutorial" is kinda rude to the guy who put in all this work to make this all in one info thread that tells you how to use everything wii u hacking wise. it basically says "hey! i didnt read hardly anything of this nice thread you made, is there any other place i can go since this didnt help me at all?" without this post, itd probably take a few hours to find whats in this thread, cause its scattered all over the wii u hacking and homebrew forum.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read all of it but there are plenty of thing that are not explained. For example, when it say hack online, I click on it it link to another site with the xpoilt on it but it didn't really explain what to do with the kernal and stuff? And then next say it say host file and i got quite a bit confused. I guess what i meant was there any kind of text guide around.

I meant a lot of it are very confusing as to what to do compare to when I had the wii with the cios stuff and rxtools with 3ds and hacking the vita tv..

Last edited by Xellos2099,

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read all of it but there are plenty of thing that are not explained. For example, when it say hack online, I click on it it link to another site with the xpoilt on it but it didn't really explain what to do with the kernal and stuff? And then next say it say host file and i got quite a bit confused. I guess what i meant was there any kind of text guide around.
okay so say you go to the http://eclipsesin.github.io/ which is the one i use. you go there and theres a bunch of links right? well those are THE exploit. if your wii u is on 5.3.2 then you go to http://eclipsesin.github.io/ on your wii u and press either the regular kernal exploit or the loadiine one. you need to use the loadiine one for loadiine. it will load the link, then it will open the home menu by itself. then you need to go into the browser again and go to the http://eclipsesin.github.io/ again and press "Loadiine (vLatest)" this will open the loadiine temporary installer. press a to install, wait, and then it will show you a list of games to load from your sd card. For all of this to work, you need to be on 5.3.2 exactly. did you set up tubehax to block updates? might want to if you wanna play backups. heres a picture of the hack website, i circled the links to press on the wii u. https://i.gyazo.com/cd05975d3f1a6be5c73a8d9613282d2b.png

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see now, i was expecting the need to download them, put them in sd card and load it with some kidn fo save expoilt and install a bunch of stuff

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see now, i was expecting the need to download them, put them in sd card and load it with some kidn fo save expoilt and install a bunch of stuff
yeah, its a lot easier than that. just go to the wii u browser and go to the links :P in the use hacks online, it does say to visit the websites on your wii u browser. granted, youre right that it doesnt say what to do, but it is only meant to show you places to get the hacks. guess that should be clarified a bit? i dunno. im not the poster :P

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sicne I have 5.3.0, I will need to either rent a copy of the Splatoon or get a used copy from gamestop since the expoilt need 5.3.2 to work.

So i need to load loadiine kernal and Loadiine (vLatest) everytime i boot up the system when i want to load backup? It mention it can fail many time, does that mean only first time it will fail a lot or it can fail still in the future?

Last edited by Xellos2099,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sicne I have 5.3.0, I will need to either rent a copy of the Splatoon or get a used copy from gamestop since the expoilt need 5.3.2 to work.

So i need to load loadiine kernal and Loadiine (vLatest) everytime i boot up the system when i want to load backup? It mention it can fail many time, does that mean only first time it will fail a lot or it can fail still in the future?
Correct, you'll need to get a game with 5.3.2 on it and update via the disc. Make sure your Wii U is offline or it will update you to 5.5.0!

The first time it may take many many attempts, or it may work right away, its different for everyone. After you get it to work once, though, it should be much more reliable as long as you don't clear your browser data (in the browser settings)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Regarding clarity of the OP, I've been wanting to do a kind of "overview" section and also put another section under each hack as a "What is ____?" kind of thing, since you can't really expect complete noobs to come in and say Loadiine? Oh yeah, of course that's a backup loader from SD. Lol. In due time... Thanks for the constructive criticism. It only exists to serve the community, so if it's hard to understand, I'd rather know so I can fix it and help it serve its purpose. :)

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first time it may take many many attempts, or it may work right away, its different for everyone. After you get it to work once, though, it should be much more reliable as long as you don't clear your browser data (in the browser settings)

Maybe I am really unlucky or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have spent the last hour and a half trying to get the modified Loadline kernel exploit to work and I have tried all the tips posted by various people.
Wii U is at 5.3.2 E, some things I try are deleting all cookies, powering down again after the hard reboot, opening multiple tabs, closing the browser and then reopening, loading up a page first, closing and then reopening, not opening any tabs at all and typing the url directly in, using wireless, using a LAN adapter.
I'm only loading it from the various sites posted not a local server. The majority of the time I get a black screen that freezes the Wii U and has some garbled pixels. If I don't reboot the console after a hard reboot then the screen just normally freezes but isn't black.

It's an AUS PAL console. Am I just really unlucky or is there more to it? Mainly using the eclipsesin URL but have tried others.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me the 4 Tab Fix worked now it works smooth

Thanks, I will try this for the next few attempts. Did you open 4 tabs, load up FB or something in the 4th, close the browser, reopen, let the 4th tab load and then type the url into that tab?

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Enaske you are a legend! I got 2 race attack failed using your method and third time it worked! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help.

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its weird how my first try to load the kernal worked instantly, considering many people sit there for hours trying to do it... i feel kinda bad. also it can fail after the first go, but ive never had it fail more than once.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
its weird how my first try to load the kernal worked instantly, considering many people sit there for hours trying to do it... i feel kinda bad. also it can fail after the first go, but ive never had it fail more than once.

I had 5 Fails on first. AFter that 2-3 Fails and now no more fails. But now I stuck with Loadiine but I guess I forgot the folder "Games" <.<

u4ick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I can't get the kexploit to work no matter what. Am I supposed to just keep trying until it works or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?