Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having issues with the new package with loadine 4.0, after installing Loadine then selecting a game with Smash mode, exit mii maker then running smash bros instead of running the selected game, it will return to the Loadine Select Game Menu then DSI Exception...

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having issues with the new package with loadine 4.0, after installing Loadine then selecting a game with Smash mode, exit mii maker then running smash bros instead of running the selected game, it will return to the Loadine Select Game Menu then DSI Exception...
copy app.xml and cos.xml from game update if it has one (apply the update to game) or copy from smash bros update to the game's code folder.

If it doesn't work, you might need the one for the game in question.

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out that your NNU-Patcher file is wrong. It's just a copy of Fix94s github page with the NNU-Patcher on it rather than the exploit itself.
It's funny how these things go unnoticed for so long lol. Sorry and thanks for letting me know. I'm not spoofed so I've never tried to use it (and apparently neither has anyone else). I'll get it fixed tonight when I'm home from work.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On firmware 5.5.0, and I've pretty much turned off my Internet because (most likely due to the interference from the fridge in my room/house) any attempts to connect to the Internet on the Wii U are met with an "Unable to find a Wi-Fi network" error despite my router clearly showing up in the list of connections. Will an Internet connection be required for Loadliine should an exploit for 5.5.0 ever be released (which I honestly doubt)?

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On firmware 5.5.0, and I've pretty much turned off my Internet because (most likely due to the interference from the fridge in my room/house) any attempts to connect to the Internet on the Wii U are met with an "Unable to find a Wi-Fi network" error despite my router clearly showing up in the list of connections. Will an Internet connection be required for Loadliine should an exploit for 5.5.0 ever be released (which I honestly doubt)?
kinda. as long as you dont update youre fine for now. the wii u developers/hackers (whatever you want to call them) have an exploit for 5.5.0 just they havent released it yet. so make sure to stay on 5.5.0. when the exploit is released youll have loadiine, but im not sure if by then internet will still be a necessary part of the procedure.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will an Internet connection be required for Loadliine should an exploit for 5.5.0 ever be released (which I honestly doubt)?
It should never be required for Loadiine, however it may be optional in the future for certain features (playing games online, downloading covers for a GUI, etc.)

Wii U Mario Kart 8 + splatoon bundle any Idea? EU Could be 5.3.2?
Still standing by the fact that most new bundles, as well as bundles with preinstalled games (not physical discs) are above 5.3.2. If you want an old FW, get a bundle that has been on the shelf for at least 6 months. Any shipments made after 5.4.0 came out will obviously have 5.4.0 on them! I haven't seen the MK8/Splatoon bundle though? The 2015 holiday one advertised here is Smash/Splatoon.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bough now a Trap Team Version from Amazon. Hope this is low. Since original had 1.0X

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00PBALDSM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Do I actually need Storage Exp. ? Since I only have 3 GB Version? Or will all saved on SD Card?
It should be a low FW. The white ones ("Basic Set") are 8GB. Files stored on the internal HDD are saves, updates, and downloads from the eShop. You can plug in USB drives into the Wii U and move save files and update files around if you'd like, but you can't save those to SD.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So you prefer me to buy a HDD? I still think about FW Version. Because 5.2 and 5.3.2. =(
Depends on how many games you're going to have and if you download stuff from the eShop. Even if you only use Loadiine and run all of your games from the SD card, the updates and savefiles will take up space on your internal HDD. You can always wait and see how long it takes to fill that up and get an external HDD after though.

Yeah, another choice you have to make is to keep it under 5.2.0 until naehrwert's IOSU Exploit comes out, or go to 5.3.2 and use hacks now. Whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: mark.m.moran

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess 5.2. will be the better option in many cases but is there some count on ISOU? Or it is just a "MIGHT HAPPEN" ?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess 5.2. will be the better option in many cases but is there some count on ISOU? Or it is just a "MIGHT HAPPEN" ?
It's likely to happen, but the unknown is when. Might be by end of 2015, might be by June 2016? Nobody knows until we get updates from naehrwert and/or Hykem on their (individual) progress.

Also keep in mind that Hykem plans on bringing an IOSU Exploit all the way up to 5.5.0, though it might be later than naehrwerts. So theoretically you could have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
IOSU is basically a exploit that allow to run from HDD etc. then? Since Security is breached? But I think WII U is grow, any is sold out here (low FW).

So You think 5.3.2 might be worth?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU is basically a exploit that allow to run from HDD etc. then? Since Security is breached? But I think WII U is grow, any is sold out here (low FW).

So You think 5.3.2 might be worth?
Yeah basically like that. It gives us a lot more access for hacks than we have now.

Given that Hykem is actively pursuing an IOSU Exploit for FW 5.2.0 and above, I'd go to 5.3.2. Even if it takes a while longer, you can still at least play games with Loadiine while waiting. It just depends person to person based on their interests. Make your choice, but make sure you're not going to have any regrets if the Exploit comes out a week after you update.

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just got a 5.3.0 system, is there any kind of real tutorial on how to get wii u back up games to work? I can;t find much tutorial concerning this, only bit and bit of info on using loadline.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So everything is running super smooth now with loadiine 4! I was just wondering if there a way of hosting your own exploit on Mac OS X...? Mongoose is running great on pc (I've got a dual boot Mac system), but not on OS X for some reason... I've tried to run a local server using Python in terminal... Which works in safari... But again like mongoose, I can't access it on the wii u... Anyone got this working on Mac? Thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry