Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey @Summersett, I did quite a few changes today to my webpage so all your direct links wont work anymore because they are no longer in "normal" or "kernel" subfolders, everything is just in the "wiiu" folder now for stability reasons.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey @Summersett, I did quite a few changes today to my webpage so all your direct links wont work anymore because they are no longer in "normal" or "kernel" subfolders, everything is just in the "wiiu" folder now for stability reasons.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll get those updated Sunday too. Done.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
soo guys i am on 5.5.0 , unfortunately i kept updating 'cause i get addicted to SSB LOL .. some day ago i checked on here and see alot of new stuff for the WiiU homebrew section thing, now i regret updating like many others here,

and from reading i notice that there is an exploit being made 5.4.0 (more like worked on but slowly? i have no idea!)

my question is will that exploit be similar to the one that is available now for the 5.3.2 being able to run backups etc.?

and also if the 5.4.0 is finished will it mean that its going to be working soon on the 5.5.0 as well ?

"sorry if question has been asked before"

and one more thing will the exploits/homebrew allow fw spoofing ? i would love to keep playing SSB online cause that game was actually the reason why i bought the console in the first place !

that said , i kind of think i will wait abit more like a month without playing ssb.. Q.Q and see what changes, if not much changes for the 5.5.0 and i see alot changed for the 5.3.2 like a USB launcher and.. fw spoof .. then i will consider selling my Wii U and buy a Wii U that is on 5.3.2 and below ~~

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Rubaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gaming.re
XP
Country
Gambia, The
soo guys i am on 5.5.0 , unfortunately i kept updating 'cause i get addicted to SSB LOL .. some day ago i checked on here and see alot of new stuff for the WiiU homebrew section thing, now i regret updating like many others here,

and from reading i notice that there is an exploit being made 5.4.0 (more like worked on but slowly? i have no idea!)

my question is will that exploit be similar to the one that is available now for the 5.3.2 being able to run backups etc.?

and also if the 5.4.0 is finished will it mean that its going to be working soon on the 5.5.0 as well ?

and one more thing will the exploits/homebrew allow fw spoofing ? i would love to keep playing SSB online cause that game was actually the reason why i bought the console in the first place !

that said , i kind of think i will wait abit more like a month without playing ssb.. Q.Q and see what changes, if not much changes for the 5.5.0 and i see alot changed for the 5.3.2 like a USB launcher and.. fw spoof .. then i will consider selling my Wii U and buy a Wii U that is on 5.3.2 and below ~~

1. Yes I think the developer of Loadiine will work after the release of the Kernel Exploit for 5.5.0. I read that a Useland (o.s.) was released.
2. The spoof have no effects to the exploit. It only changes the FW Numbers (correct me if I am wrong).
3. You should wait a long time. Because a IOS Exploit is not released yet. So a USB Loader have to wait.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Katoche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

To extract the files using TCP Gecko:
Once connected TCP Gecko when I click "FSA" and "Read FSA" -> Gecko TCP disconnects, impossible to reconnect
I 'performs well as administrator and I disable antivirus and firewall.
I do not use the 5.5 Sproof, my WiiU is 5.3.2 with Splatoon EU.

How to resolve connection problems?

thank you in advance

PS Sorry for English, google translation is mandatory for me

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add "ONLY from specific game discs"
Good idea, and done. :)

The 5.4.0 seems to recently have had some hiccups, so I wouldn't expect the exploit for a while. However, if/when released, it should allow all current hacks that are available on 5.3.2. Release of a 5.4.0 kernel exploit does not mean 5.5.0 would be close behind, since the 5.5.0 exploit is completely different from the one on 5.4.0.

You don't need to stop playing SSB though. Use the URL blocking and TubeHax DNS from the "How do I block updates?" section in the OP and you should be able to continue playing online without worrying about being updated if Nintendo releases a new FW. A 5.5.0 exploit release is definitely more than a month away though.. maybe even more than 6 months. If you want to take advantage of all the hacks now you might as well just sell and buy a 5.3.2 Wii U.

Hello,

To extract the files using TCP Gecko:
Once connected TCP Gecko when I click "FSA" and "Read FSA" -> Gecko TCP disconnects, impossible to reconnect
I 'performs well as administrator and I disable antivirus and firewall.
I do not use the 5.5 Sproof, my WiiU is 5.3.2 with Splatoon EU.

How to resolve connection problems?

thank you in advance

PS Sorry for English, google translation is mandatory for me
Unfortunately, Splatoon is one of the only games that doesn't work with TCP Gecko/Cafiine/Loadiine/Dumpiine. It's due to the 0xA0000000 virtual memory range needing to be reset to default value, which isn't possible yet.

Katoche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to help me

I use Splatoon just for update my WiiU (in 5.3.2), not for the dump.

I want dump Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends, Pikmin3 and Puddle (this last is not in the list of compatibility) but not one want connect with TCP Gecko...

an idea???

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to help me

I use Splatoon just for update my WiiU (in 5.3.2), not for the dump.

I want dump Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends, Pikmin3 and Puddle (this last is not in the list of compatibility) but not one want connect with TCP Gecko...

an idea???
OP said:
How do I extract files using TCP Gecko?

Firmware Version Required:
4.1.0 (Unconfirmed), 5.0.0 (Unconfirmed), 5.3.2, (5.4.0 ready)​

1. Get the Official Kernel Exploit to run. (OS Driver)
2. Get the TCP Gecko Client to connect.
3. Get to a static menu in the game:
VC Games: Press right trigger to show the VC menu
MK8: Press - at the main menu to get to the Play Stats menu
SSB: Press A on Controls to get to the Controls menu
Hyrule Warriors: Go to the Character Select screen​
4. Click the FSA tab
5. Click Read FSA
Note: Wait about 2-10 minutes for the file system to appear (will show Not Responding until then). This will vary greatly depending on your CPU specs. Be patient.
6. Right-click to extract files or folders
You want to be at a screen where the Wii U is not loading any files, so that TCP Gecko can read them all.

Katoche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, i try connect gecko in the game in static menu or "break" ("pause" in french), i tested also SSB in controls menu : gecko don't want connect

Edit
Gecko need Visual Studio 2010 ??? I don't have that in my PC
-> https://github.com/Chadderz121/tcp-gecko-dotnet

Edit 2
YESSSS, with Visual Studio 2010, TCP Gecko can connect !!!!!!

Next step : dump game/.rpx and start loadiine :)

Summersett : Big Thanks for your great topic

Last edited by Katoche,
Reactions: fiveighteen

joeschmoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make your guide super-noob friendly, consider adding this to TCP Gecko section or anywhere you need to get your WiiU's IP address:
1) On PC, start -> Run -> type cmd & press Enter
2) Type ipconfig, press Enter
3) Find the line with default gateway and note the IP address
4) Type this IP address into your browser
5) If a login prompt appears, google for "default (router make & model) login password" Maybe list some common defaults like admin & password for Netgear routers
6) If your default router login credentials have been changed and you don't know them, reset your router
7) On WiiU, go to internet settings, tap to see MAC address
8) Find the matching MAC address in your router interface, and now you know your WiiU's IP
These steps are helpful because the WiiU doesn't identify itself as a WiiU, it just says unknown#######

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make your guide super-noob friendly, consider adding this to TCP Gecko section or anywhere you need to get your WiiU's IP address:
1) On PC, start -> Run -> type cmd & press Enter
2) Type ipconfig, press Enter
3) Find the line with default gateway and note the IP address
4) Type this IP address into your browser
5) If a login prompt appears, google for "default (router make & model) login password" Maybe list some common defaults like admin & password for Netgear routers
6) If your default router login credentials have been changed and you don't know them, reset your router
7) On WiiU, go to internet settings, tap to see MAC address
8) Find the matching MAC address in your router interface, and now you know your WiiU's IP
These steps are helpful because the WiiU doesn't identify itself as a WiiU, it just says unknown#######
Or:
1: Go to Wii U's internet settings and get your MAC Address
2) Run CMD on PC and type in "ARP -a" (Without quotes) and it'll bring up a list
3) Find the Wii U's MAC in the list, and next to it will be its IP Address.
4) Profit.

Last edited by rufuszombot,

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help blocking internet access on the wii. I've blocked the mac address in my router but I still get an auto download when I launch smash. I tried blocking the domains but my router's setup page is garbage and won't allow some of them because they were too long. I tried TubeHAX and all it blocked an update for youtube when I launched it, but launching smash still starts downloading an update. HALP.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Good idea, and done. :)

The 5.4.0 seems to recently have had some hiccups, so I wouldn't expect the exploit for a while. However, if/when released, it should allow all current hacks that are available on 5.3.2. Release of a 5.4.0 kernel exploit does not mean 5.5.0 would be close behind, since the 5.5.0 exploit is completely different from the one on 5.4.0.

You don't need to stop playing SSB though. Use the URL blocking and TubeHax DNS from the "How do I block updates?" section in the OP and you should be able to continue playing online without worrying about being updated if Nintendo releases a new FW. A 5.5.0 exploit release is definitely more than a month away though.. maybe even more than 6 months. If you want to take advantage of all the hacks now you might as well just sell and buy a 5.3.2 Wii U.

Unfortunately, Splatoon is one of the only games that doesn't work with TCP Gecko/Cafiine/Loadiine/Dumpiine. It's due to the 0xA0000000 virtual memory range needing to be reset to default value, which isn't possible yet.

nice! one thing i want to ask is aboutt the blocking of the update thing.. it is the WiiU console updates bro, like when im not on the latest WiiU FW it wont let me log into my SSB game, so if i block their sites will it stop the pop up of the WiiU update thing :( ? ??? i mean i would wait 6months as long as i can stay on 5.5 and play SSB online .. but is this really possible ??

are you saying i can block the Wii U FW updates and still be able to play SSB online on my 5.5 FW ??? if yes then i dont mind waiting even a year XD

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got a copy in .html format please off FIX94's new pyGecko driver? from his page. I just cannot compile them myself.

Last edited by Reecey,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this mean? TCP Gecko can't connect.
Perhaps you need to install Visual Studio 2010 like @Katoche?

I need help blocking internet access on the wii. I've blocked the mac address in my router but I still get an auto download when I launch smash. I tried blocking the domains but my router's setup page is garbage and won't allow some of them because they were too long. I tried TubeHAX and all it blocked an update for youtube when I launched it, but launching smash still starts downloading an update. HALP.
You must have done something goofy in blocking the MAC Address. Double check that you entered it properly (with or without the dashes?) Have you used the Update Deleter? You can also try using TubeHax as the Primary DNS and 0.0.0.0 as Secondary DNS as see if that makes a difference.

nice! one thing i want to ask is aboutt the blocking of the update thing.. it is the WiiU console updates bro, like when im not on the latest WiiU FW it wont let me log into my SSB game, so if i block their sites will it stop the pop up of the WiiU update thing :( ? ??? i mean i would wait 6months as long as i can stay on 5.5 and play SSB online .. but is this really possible ??

are you saying i can block the Wii U FW updates and still be able to play SSB online on my 5.5 FW ??? if yes then i dont mind waiting even a year XD
Since you're on 5.5.0 you can play online and update the game, etc, but use the TubeHax DNS and URL blocking at the same time (it only blocks the update server) so that if Nintendo drops a new FW update you will be safe. If a game update comes out you can unblock the server and download it, then reblock. Once a new FW is released though, then you'd be stuck waiting and not being able to play online. So enjoy it while you can!

Do your (other people in thread) Wii U's really show as unknown? Mine clearly says Wii U in all my routers?

Nintendo*Wii*U 192.168.100.167 34:AF:2C:**:**:** 1 day 00:00:00
Mine doesn't exactly say unknown, but it doesn't say Wii U and only shows the MAC Address (ASUS RT-N66U)

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c