WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now most of us may have heard of The Conduit, The game is looking really great so far, screenshots don't do it justice tho, as we all know COD:WaW on the Wii looks really great in motion, but when you take a look at the screenshots, The game doesn't look so hot does it?

Many people keep saying it looks like a Ps2 game or a Enhanced Ps2 game and such. Others say the Wii is weak and games like Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick look better.

The Conduit has the same visual effects you see in the other shooters on the big consoles. You got the Field Of Depth, Really nice lighting, Bump mapping, Glow, Shadows, Shader's, and other nice things. The games art direction could be so much better, If it were this game would look better than it does now, art direction also has to do a lot with a games graphical view, If you have a game engine w/ insane amount of graphic detail, and make a game w/ bad art direction what do you get? A last gen looking game.

This game is going to be great, but listen to this, We may or may have not played Killzone on the PS2 back in the days, it looked great for a PS2 game, but it had its flaws, Now I was recently on Youtube and people have said: "Killzone still looks good even compared to Xbox 360 and PS3 games." The Comment had like 11 thumbs up

But yet I ask myself, The Conduit looks much better in every way than Killzone, but the art direction isn't as good. So then why do people say The Conduit is crap? Wouldn't the same apply to the first Killzone?

But not to get off-topic, The game is shaping up to be great!

Best Graphics Wii Has To Offer So Far
16 Players Online
Wii Speak
Multiplayer Modes:
Deathmatch
CTF
Team Deathmatch
*Note*
Apparently there has been a so called confirmation going around that two people on the same
Wii system can play online together. As like Halo 2 had, if anyone remembers, your friend would
log in his account and then you would pick up a controller and go into split screen and play online
with him on the same console against others.
Now Continuing...
Completely Customizable Hud! - Awesomeness!
Completely Customizable Controls! - Awesomeness Again!
and much more!

Can't wait to play this FPS on the Wii! Wiimote makes me fall in love with FPS games all over again, COD:WaW is great too, but im tired of play with the mouse, and i wish COD:WaW on the Wii had more multiplayer modes and maps, that would make the game much more fun!

Now what do you guys think about the game?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game looks really good to me. But you have a really good point about the bad art direction. I've been reading up on it lately and the story actually doesn't sound too generic (a big fear of mine). I think its the art style and the level design that's pulling it down for people. By the way I want a definite answer about motion plus and wii speak. A lot of people say there confirmed but just as many say unconfirmed. I even saw a video interview of High Voltage saying there still determining if they'll use both peripherals after a reliable source (I forgot who) said they were confirmed. Grrrr. I just want to know if wii speaks in. Motion plus won't add to much to a FPS. Oh and friend codes were confirmed by the way. That's what happens when a dev goes to Ninty for help.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well its my fear for the game first off. My fear is that it would be immediatley written off by the hardcore just because it looks like a generic FPS.I really want to see this game to get attention not just by the hardcore nintendo fans but by the "next gen" hardcore as well. But I don't think thatll happen with this semi-generic looking game

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks really generic, if it was any other console no one would care about it that much.

I really hope that I am wrong on this one, saying that I thought Halo looked generic and that turned out ok.

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It only looks generic to many people because the way the art direction is, but yes it is a FPS game in roots.

Honestly If this game had a KZ2 type of ART direction or even Halo it would look realllly nice!!!

But Wiispeak was definitely confirmed, motionplus i dunno.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If this goes well, it could pave the way for more similar games. So I'm hoping that it turns out to be awesome.

It could also bomb, however. That would do nothing but reinforce the idea that the Wii isn't fit for games like that.

Also: Motion+ sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Arraso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait. As far I know, GameCube can't handle complexe pixel shader graphics - and that is why we can't see games like Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick in our GC/Wii systems. Only simple shaders effects can be renderized via software, using a lot of CPU cycles (that explain Mario Sunshine and Splinter Cell water effects, for example, or the fur effects of Star Fox Adventures).

Even that Wii has "two GCs inside", the graphics subsystem is the same.

But I agree that art direction and "a lot of effort" of graphics designers can make a normal game looks much better. Super Mario Sunshine is for me one of the best games in this generation, speaking not only of the visual, but sound and gameplay too. (The story sux he).

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arraso said:
Wait. As far I know, GameCube can't handle complexe pixel shader graphics - and that is why we can't see games like Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick in our GC/Wii systems. Only simple shaders effects can be renderized via software, using a lot of CPU cycles (that explain Mario Sunshine and Splinter Cell water effects, for example, or the fur effects of Star Fox Adventures).

Even that Wii has "two GCs inside", the graphics subsystem is the same.

But I agree that art direction and "a lot of effort" of graphics designers can make a normal game looks much better. Super Mario Sunshine is for me one of the best games in this generation, speaking not only of the visual, but sound and gameplay too. (The story sux he).

This game is not going to look better than a 360 game (a non-crap one), no matter how many fanboys post about it. To me, it does look better than any gamecube game, and most wii games, although metroid looked pretty good. If they can 1up metroid in terms of visuals and art design, this game will be huge.

Best part sounds like the online. Especially when I can finally tune my controls.

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well of course its not gonna look like an actual Xbox 360 game, Hardware isn't sufficient enough for that level of detail. We already see many effects in the game that are used in Next Gen games. The only really thing to complain about is the art direction. Visually it looks better than MP3, but art wise it bombs.

Didn't Starwars RS on GC use shaders? That game look amazing and ran extremely fluid!

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that if this was on a next gen system then it would slide under the radar, but its the controls that make it stand out for me. if it can look and have a story to rival next gen, and the controls are tight, itll be quality.
After playing other FPS's on the wii i cant imagine going back to using standard controllers. manually controlling ur crosshair?? *shudder*

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love the Wiimote aiming for an FPS, but... it's just not accurate enough for me. I wanna use a GC controller....

Anyways... this game looks amazing. Really, it's kind of like Doom 3 meats Fallout 3....

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah if you use a light gun u can tell its slightly, doesnt bother me when playing without mind. i think i read therell be calibration for screen size, similar to ghost squad, in Conduit so thatll improve it, dont quote me as it being 100% tho.

Posts merged

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWPwVRriIL0...page&fmt=18

Watch this, its The Conduit at PAX08, Someone was filming, its in high quality, this video is from september, and watching this video in high quality, the game looks amazing on the wii, graphics wise it looks near Xbox 360 quality, and from that time and now HVS has stated to have Improved the graphics! It looks amazing!

Also the people and guy in the camera ask questions about the conduit!

Enjoy!

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does look great.
I really hope this game sells really well. The developer seems to have put a lot of time and love into this game and they deserve (from what is seen so far) for it to be a success.

Check out IGN Wii for some new footage. 1 is a comparison video the other showing controls etc.

It was good to hear the guy say they are looking to incorporate Wii speak and hopefully a better system for adding friends compared to Nintendo's wank effort.

roll on March!!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

For me it looks like Half Life 1 REVIVED for Wii.

And you know that I love Half Life!!

That and adding in endless freedom = Pure awesomeness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.