Hacking the conduit wants to update

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay i got the conduit working fine on my pal wii with usb loader but i thought i would burn it for a mate who isnt into all this homebrew ,usb loader stuff but after trying the disc in my wii it tells me to update i obviously didnt go ahead with the update ,do i still use brick blocker or is there another way now to remove updates i know brickblocker is quite old now ,thanks..

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm glad you knew to not update it and cause a region brick.

Anyway, you will probably want to install preloader and install the hacks for it to ignore games wanting to update. It works fine on my 3.2 wii that I play recent games on. (Including the conduit)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What s3phir0th115 said is best. Everyone should have preloader for general Anti-Brick (bootmii is better, but that needs a vulnerable boot2 for brick protection. The IOS version won't do.).

But to answer your question, if you want to use brickblocker, it should still work. It just depends if you want to further hack your wii or waste another DVD.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to preloader I would use region fri (if needed) and brickblock the wii iso images before loading them on my usb drive. The more protection the better.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no you guys arent hearing me it aint for my wii its for a mates wii who isnt into all this homebrew pre loader stuff ,anyway brickblocker doesnt work just gets that typical black screen ...

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ciris said:
In addition to preloader I would use region fri (if needed) and brickblock the wii iso images before loading them on my usb drive. The more protection the better.
an installation via usbloader, will rip every update section of the game off....just the game's datas

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
...or u can update to 4.0 so no update will take place. i got no prob with 4.0. all seem working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...