Hardware The Color 3DS we were all looking for

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
I refuse to buy a 3ds until they paint the analog nub. That's just sloppy nintendo, shame on you.
I think is a petty and childish reason not to buy a system. Do you refuse to buy 360 controllers because the controller is white but the analog sticks are black? There are far better reasons not to get something than a simple cosmetic change.

: Goes back to enjoying OoT 3D:

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like it very much, excellent color, I almost bought a red DS phat some time ago...
But I'll hold off, until the XL comes out.
I'm to used to the DSiXL screen to go back to anything smaller then that, I even dislike my psp now....
Hopefully it will not take more then two years, and hopefully by then we will have proper region free 3DS flashcarts !

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
I like it very much, excellent color, I almost bought a red DS phat some time ago...
I'm to used to the DSiXL screen to go back to anything smaller then that, I even dislike my psp now....
Hopefully it will not take more then two years, and hopefully by then we will have proper region free 3DS flashcarts !

Well don't get your hopes up, the DSi XL came out 5 years after the DS.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OmegaVesko said:
Arm73 said:

Well don't get your hopes up, the DSi XL came out 5 years after the DS.

I don't think it's gonna take that long.
Remember that before the XL we had the DSL and DSi, both relatively improving over the original model.
The DSL made it actually smaller.
Now for the first 3DS revision, I don't see them going the same route.
The 3DS is already small as it is, making it even smaller, would be a joke.
Maybe make it lighter, with a better camera and more memory, who knows.
But people desperately want to see 3D movies on it, so my guess is, pretty soon the manufacture of 3D displays will get better and cheaper, and Ninty could afford to redesign the 3DS with a bigger screen, which would be fantastic, especially to watch movies !
And even if it takes 5 years....Oh well, I can wait.
After all I got my first PSP just two months ago, the timing couldn't have been any better for me !

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Apache Thunder said:
You can always buy the japan unit, disassemble it, and proceed to swap out the circuit boards. The region block is software only. Nothing from stopping you from physically swapping out the main circuit board on them essentially transplanting the USA 3DS into the Japan's Red & Black shell.
wink.gif

You can then just resale the Japan unit as a standard 3DS to recoup some of the cost.

It's all well and said..but it's not exactly easy to do that is it.. I think general noobism at taking things apart might stop the majority of people doing that.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nintendo even going to release any of the colors shown at E3? They had an orange one, a purple one, and this sexy green one which would be my first color of choice:

1286248199.jpg

Since they are releasing the red colored one, my guess would be in time they will release the orange/green/purple as well. But they should have had all the colors available for launch.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Is Nintendo even going to release any of the colors shown at E3? They had an orange one, a purple one, and this sexy green one which would be my first color of choice:

1286248199.jpg

Since they are releasing the red colored one, my guess would be in time they will release the orange/green/purple as well. But they should have had all the colors available for launch.

Ahhhh a coloured nubbin! O_O ...why didn't they go through with it?!...did it ware away?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
Brian117 said:

1286248199.jpg

Ahhhh a coloured nubbin! O_O ...why didn't they go through with it?!...did it ware away?
Probably something to do with paint on the rubber, as there are barely any colored analog sticks for consoles.

Kanibull

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like every time i get a nintendo handheld in black, they come out in red. I guess ill let it slide now since ive bought each one in black

Soiidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nub on those photos don't look rubber. :/

Did everyone who bought one fast just get ripped off?

We will eventually when the release the newer 3ds (Those dam people) but come on!

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
Brian117 said:

1286248199.jpg

i never ever like green colors on any console. but this looks cool!

still purple is the best.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikkuchan said:
I want a 3DS in all the colors of the wind
I wonder how much a Pocahontas 3ds will sale?

Darmanitan said:
QUOTE(dickfour @ Jun 30 2011, 05:10 AM) I refuse to buy a 3ds until they paint the analog nub. That's just sloppy nintendo, shame on you.

Really? What the hell?
laugh.gif

He could paint it his self in all the colors of the wind.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1