The children who don't even know their own names!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The children who are so neglected they start school 'without even knowing their own name'

QUOTE said:
Children are regularly starting school without knowing their name or how to open a book, says the Government's poverty adviser.

Parents are also neglecting their children so much that they do not even know what a book is or understand the word 'stop' at the age of five, Labour MP Frank Field told the House of Commons yesterday.

He outlined the parental neglect in his Wirral constituency, during a debate on the threatened closure of Sure Start Children's Centres which provide advice for parents and carers.

Mr Field also told MPs that some children at primary schools in the Merseyside area cannot hold a crayon or dress themselves when they arrive at primary schools.

He said he asked headteachers what new primary school pupils should be ideally able to do when they start primary school and was shocked at the results.

'There were some stunning replies,' he said. 'The schools would like the children to know their own names; to know the word ‘stop’, because that can hint at danger for them.'

'They would like them to learn to sit still, so they can begin playing properly and by that learn; to learn how to take off certain items of clothing; to learn how to hold a crayon; to know what a book is and how to open it the right way.

'This is not a school in Birkenhead that is one the most "challenged" as we must euphemistically call it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...ty-adviser.html

Now i know people are simple these days but this takes the biscuit......being taught how to open a book at Primary School.....not even knowing your own name at 5 years old sounds like fiction to me at the very least....

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
...the fuck is this shit?

Nobody is that stupid. This has got to be bogus. Either that or humanity has taken another step towards oblivion and these kids are genuinely...

pants-on-head-retarded-500x312.jpg

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm from the South so it may just be a Northern thing.....

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Blaze163 said:
...the fuck is this shit?

Nobody is that stupid. This has got to be bogus. Either that or humanity has taken another step towards oblivion and these kids are genuinely...

pants-on-head-retarded-500x312.jpg
I agree with you.
yay.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
100% fake.

Our development in early childhood is largely dependant on the realization that we exist, and that others exist around us. Without a word to refer to one's self as, things can become a little...messy.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
100% fake.

Our development in early childhood is largely dependant on the realization that we exist, and that others exist around us. Without a word to refer to one's self as, things can become a little...messy.
I'm pretty sure that children learn to refer to themselves as "me" pretty early on...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
monkat said:
100% fake.

I'm pretty sure that children learn to refer to themselves as "me" pretty early on...
But everyone else refers to them as you, if they wouldn't know their name
tongue.gif

Confusing much?

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When I was in pre-k, I already know my name on first class day, because my parents always remind me my name before I start going to school. Children aren't that neglected.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gamerfan123 said:
When I was in pre-k, I already know my name on first class day, because my parents always remind me my name before I start going to school. Children aren't that neglected.
Some children are so neglected, they basically learn stuff from stray cats. It happens, believe me. And there are all the recent stories about kids dying from their parents neglecting them, preferring to play video games instead. It's becoming more and more of a concern.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
pyrmon24 said:
Gamerfan123 said:
Some children are so neglected, they basically learn stuff from stray cats. It happens, believe me. And there are all the recent stories about kids dying from their parents neglecting them, preferring to play video games instead. It's becoming more and more of a concern.
You have a point there. Most of the children's parents are just neglecting them. I wish they don't do that.
frown.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm sure that there really are things like these like pyrmon24 says. but it's not that big of a percentage. fortunately i'm not one of them as my mother even took me to school as early as 3 years old. but i didn't know what my nickname was.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xist said:
not even knowing your own name at 5 years old sounds like fiction to me at the very least....
Well, I can assure you there are people in their 30-40 years old who don't even know how their first or last name are spelled.
I'm making identity papers and people have to fill their survey, it is happening too often in my opinion
frown.gif

They just don't care.

About the children, I can imagine how they haven't been awaken to their world environment if the parents don't give a damn about their child. It can be hard to imagine, but I guess it's possible.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It can't be fake given that there's an MP involved...it's either a misquote or he's a moron.

It's also shocking that an MP (member of the British Parliament) would want to bring the fact to light about his own constituency though...surely you want to make some changes first then brag about the results?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up