Gaming The CFW and OFW history downloads topic

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
5.03GEN-B for TA-088v3 motherboards and later (PSP-2000 and 3000) is coming on October 31st. Will be uploaded here November 1st!

Does that mean that everyone with un-hackable 2000s will be able to hack their PSPs on Oct 31st?

sorry if I sound silly

thx

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisMims said:
Livin in a box said:
ChrisMims said:
Jdbye said:
5.50 GEN-D is the newest
tongue.gif

That doesn't mean it can be installed on a PSP 3000 with the firmware version 5.50, does it? BTW, what about the 5.03 GEN-B that comes out on the 31st?

Yes, that's the one for PSP-3000's and 2000v3 that will *hopefully* work with ALL games. If your PSP comes with firmware 5.50, then you won't be able to install custom firmware.

Ok. Thanks! So do I need to install the 5.03 GEN-A, then the 5.03 GEN-B?

Yep.

@Issy12: Yes, you'll finally be able to play all the games you want.

Posts merged

ChrisMims said:
Livin in a box said:
QUOTE(ChrisMims @ Oct 28 2009, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE(Jdbye @ Oct 28 2009, 06:34 PM)
5.50 GEN-D is the newest
tongue.gif
That doesn't mean it can be installed on a PSP 3000 with the firmware version 5.50, does it? BTW, what about the 5.03 GEN-B that comes out on the 31st?
Yes, that's the one for PSP-3000's and 2000v3 that will *hopefully* work with ALL games. If your PSP comes with firmware 5.50, then you won't be able to install custom firmware.

Ok. Thanks! So do I need to install the 5.03 GEN-A, then the 5.03 GEN-B?
Yep.

@Issy12: Yes, you'll finally be able to play all the games you want.

Added UMDGen 4.0 to the useful list.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
lol im not a pirate, i just wanna use homebrews,
huh.gif
i think theres some misunderstanding- so is that new firmware for ChickHEN use? - which people with 5.00+ ofw cannot use.

thanks for the reply tho
biggrin.gif

EDIT: i have version 6.10, so i've no hope right?
frown.gif

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
issy12 said:
lol im not a pirate, i just wanna use homebrews,
huh.gif
i think theres some misunderstanding- so is that new firmware for ChickHEN use? - which people with 5.00+ ofw cannot use.

thanks for the reply tho
biggrin.gif

EDIT: i have version 6.10, so i've no hope right?
frown.gif
If you've got a PSP-3000 or a PSP-2000 with a TA-088v3 motherboard then yes, you've got no hope.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Hopefully You can help. I fell out of the CFW scene for a while so Im running 4.01M33. What steps would I need to take to play games like GT and Soul Caliber?
Im assuming I have to use the GEN firmware yes?
(PSP 1000 btw)

Also to instal GEN (if thats what I have to move to) Do I need a battery to complete the install? All I have is the Pandora not an actual battery :[

Thanks

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sstew said:
Okay. Hopefully You can help. I fell out of the CFW scene for a while so Im running 4.01M33. What steps would I need to take to play games like GT and Soul Caliber?
(PSP 1000 btw)

Also to instal GEN (if thats what I have to move to) Do I need a battery to complete the install? All I have is the Pandora not an actual battery :[

Thanks
Well, you can't boot up your PSP with just a Pandora, can you...? Or can you...?

Anyway, just download 5.00 M33-4 and 5.00 OFW and install that. Then update to M33-5, then M33-6. You can use this firmware to boot some games (not sure about the ones you mentioned) using the Game Decrypter in the first post in the useful things section. If you don't want to do it manually, then update to GEN-D and then GEN-D2.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Sstew said:
(PSP 1000 btw)

Thanks
Well, you can't boot up your PSP with just a Pandora, can you...? Or can you...?

Anyway, just download 5.00 M33-4 and 5.00 OFW and install that. Then update to M33-5, then M33-6. You can use this firmware to boot some games (not sure about the ones you mentioned) using the Game Decrypter in the first post in the useful things section. If you don't want to do it manually, then update to GEN-D and then GEN-D2.

Thanks. I got it just connected straight to the AC charger,No battery. Thanks for the help though. Didn't want to ruin anything

ChrisMims

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get past the "Corrupted Data" message for 5.03GEN-B? I looked at the "read me" file:
read me said:
How i can start the GEN-B installer in Emergency mode to restore the GEN-B corrupted or the version.txt?

you just need to press L before the GEN-B appz start to bypass the check

Needless to say, it didn't work
mad.gif

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Chris but I don't know why, I haven't tried to run it or anything because I don't need it.

I've also added a few other things to the useful section.

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Can I run the EBOOT.PBP with having a hacked PSP? Or do I need to hack it first?
You need to at least have chickHEN running to use eboots as they are used for homebrew also, but as for updating your firmware you just need to put onto your psp, but if you are using official firmware you need to do something (sorry i don't know how to put cfw in psps).

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend was trying to update his PSP to 5.03 so that he could run HEN on it... Oh well. Thank you.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, if you're on a firmware lower than 5.03 you can use the 5.03 EBOOT file to update...That's why you can download them from Sony's website!

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
No, if you're on a firmware lower than 5.03 you can use the 5.03 EBOOT file to update...That's why you can download them from Sony's website!
Oh... Wow... That's kind of funny actually. Okay, I'll tell my friend that.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still a bit unsure on all the firmware stuff so I want to check with you guys what I'm thinking before I go and do it.
Right now I have 5.00 M33-6 on my 1001 PSP Phat. I literally just got it yesterday. I also have a UMD of Shin Megami Tensei Persona that I would love to play, but from what I see I need 5.50+ firmware to do this.

Right now I'm downloading CFW 5.50GEN A, D, and D2, I'm pretty sure from what I've read that's all I need to go to the latest version of GEN. Other than that I'm unsure what I need to do exactly, particularly with changing from one CFW to another CFW I don't want to mess this up. Do I need to use HELLCAT's Recovery Flasher to go to 5.50GEN A like I did when I installed M33-6? Or is there something else I should do that would be better?

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I skip right to D2? I thought D regular was required first or something. That's what it said in the first post at least. I plan to go all the way to the newest, that's just common sense. Just want to make sure I do everything the way I should.
tongue.gif

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think you do need to go to GEN-D first. Just go to the download on the first page of the topic and use that 5.50 GEN-D download. My friend used that and it was fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny