The BIG Skyrim Thread

Which platform will you get this game for?

• PC

Votes: 94 57.3%

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I came across 2 dragons, at the same time... yesterday. Too bad I died because apparently there was some angry wizard camp nearby..
And when I came back, there was only 1 dragon..
4x9Em.jpg

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually curious if dragons get any stronger.
My first dragon was just a normal frost dragon. Took it out like it was nothing with firebolts.

My second dragon was a blood frost dragon (note: frost not in actual name, it just spews it instead of fire). Even that wasn't tough at all. Well, except with this one fight where I had next to no useful potions except stamina and very little healing. That was an epic fight.

but i'm hoping for some insanely tough dragons. Perhaps i'll need to progress the main story some more.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So I played it all this morning again...

Fought two dragons at the same time, well one after each other.
There was one dragon that raised a dragon from the dead, the dragon went and I had a head start on the other dragon. Killed him and I noticed a dragon flying around, he wasn't attacking more like waiting for me to enter the town so he could start attacking.

Both was easy, didn't take that long but I still felt like a boss.

I'm not going to be starting a new character for a long time, I'm going to be doing this one until I do everything with him like all the guilds/factions. I'm not really using magic, I'm focusing more two handed weapons and I just swapped into heavy armor for a while to get that up since I'm going to be doing the Imperial Legion and the Companions.

This game is GOTY fo sho

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could someone tell me how to defeat the goddam frost troll?
Only thing the TES Wiki has atm is 'weakness to fire'. Sorry mate .... I would suggest to sneak up to him and shoot him a few times with a bow, I haven't met a monster yet that survived 3 shots of my bow at moment (Sneak damage x 2). Except dragons of course.

I've killed 3 dragons so far, pretty epic and really hard! Had 2 blood dragons and they sure as hell used a frost attack, despite someone on here said. Also when I was fighting one dragon a massive snow storm started, don't know if it was because of the dragon or not, but it was pretty cool!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I found the next level of dragon.
A dragon actually called Frost Dragon.
So it seems to be Dragon > Blood dragon > Frost Dragon

and they friggin' love the Mage College. I swear every time I go to visit, enter inside, and exit, there's a damn dragon attacking.

D

Deleted-236924

Can You Run It lies.
It says that my computer would be able to run Skyrim.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I found the next level of dragon.
A dragon actually called Frost Dragon.
So it seems to be Dragon > Blood dragon > Frost Dragon

and they friggin' love the Mage College. I swear every time I go to visit, enter inside, and exit, there's a damn dragon attacking.
Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm getting some bounty quests atm to slay a dragon. I've played 30 hours in the past 3 days, fuck yeah :P
I'm really enjoying hunting + smithing, gives me nice XP and money. Doing some small quests now and then, mainly just doing what I want. I'm getting married too :creep: But I don't know if I'll show up on the wedding ;) I'm going to look for better women first ;)

Already have a house and still have 32k of coin, in 30 hours of playing, lvl 27, pretty decent. Pickpocketing is just ridiculous, goes up way too fast, it's a whopping 85 at the moment, other skills barely get above 35.
Can You Run It lies.
It says that my computer would be able to run Skyrim.
Just check the system requirements page I added in the first post, that'll help you (on the GPU side)

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to get into riften?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Pay? or Persuade/threaten the guard.

Got blacksmithing to 100. So OP. With a blacksmith draught, I made a Daedric sword that had 56 attack.
I'm also getting enchanting (it's at 79) to 100 because that's OP too, lol.

Then I think i'll actually go have a chat with the greybeards and do some main quests...

Oh, and found an Elder dragon. Next step up from Frost.
Yeah...uh. Maimed an entire village and killed me several times. Fun.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to train destruction aside form trainer? This is ridiculous xD

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that I found. Just use it a lot. Got to 65 or so pretty easily so far, but it slowed down since my weapon is so much more powerful. Keeping the Mage Guardian Stone's effect on you would help too.

Unlike Illusion which I have 100 because it's so friggin' easy to train...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Smithing is probably one of the easiest ones to get to 100.
Just buy Iron Ingots and Leather Strips, make loads of Iron Daggers, sell, repeat. My goal is Daedric Armor, they are so sexy.

Once I get two handed weapons to 100, I'm going to level one handed weapons with Destruction magic on the side.

I also got a dog! But he died :(

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Pay/Persuade/Intimidate, it worked for me. Quicksave and quickload if you fail.
Not that I found. Just use it a lot. Got to 65 or so pretty easily so far, but it slowed down since my weapon is so much more powerful. Keeping the Mage Guardian Stone's effect on you would help too.

Unlike Illusion which I have 100 because it's so friggin' easy to train...
What lvl are you on? And how much hours have you played/ gold have you made?

My max lvl is 89 in Pickpocketing now, what a goldmine. Smithing is at 50 now, Enchantments only 30 or so, got to get some Soul Gems first.

Smithing is probably one of the easiest ones to get to 100.
Just buy Iron Ingots and Leather Strips, make loads of Iron Daggers, sell, repeat. My goal is Daedric Armor, they are so sexy.

Once I get two handed weapons to 100, I'm going to level one handed weapons with Destruction magic on the side.

I also got a dog! But he died :(
I'm also doing that, just hunting a bit and making a shitload of Leather things. I love it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm level 36. I've played over 30 hours, and i'm poor as fuck (i've got about 8k to my name currently). I pretty much powered through training blacksmithing and enchanting, and spent a bunch of cash on expensive enchanted items and some into training. Kinda adds up quick. Though enchanting smithed gear makes it sell for quite a bit, and with the Black Star I can enchant things for basically the cost of smithing them.

I've got 100 in smithing and illusion magic. I've got 90 in enchanting, it'll be 100 once i'm done filling some more soul gems. The rest is kinda crap cuz I can't powerlevel them, lol. 70 or so in 1handed, 65 in destruction, 45 in heavy armor. My lockpicking/pickpocketing skills are pretty good but I forgot specifically what they are. My sneak is crap since heavy armor is terrible for sneaking, lol.

Oh and my armor rating is something like 420 with my legendary dragon armor, and my daedric sword (which is unenchanted until further notice) has 60 attack. God bless smithing. I still REALLY need to find enchanted items with +1handed damage and +destruction (or fire magic) damage.

i have 15 dragon souls and 2 invested, lol.

D

Deleted User

I'm level 36. I've played over 30 hours, and i'm poor as fuck (i've got about 8k to my name currently). I pretty much powered through training blacksmithing and enchanting, and spent a bunch of cash on expensive enchanted items and some into training. Kinda adds up quick. Though enchanting smithed gear makes it sell for quite a bit, and with the Black Star I can enchant things for basically the cost of smithing them.

I've got 100 in smithing and illusion magic. I've got 90 in enchanting, it'll be 100 once i'm done filling some more soul gems. The rest is kinda crap cuz I can't powerlevel them, lol. 70 or so in 1handed, 65 in destruction, 45 in heavy armor. My lockpicking/pickpocketing skills are pretty good but I forgot specifically what they are. My sneak is crap since heavy armor is terrible for sneaking, lol.

Oh and my armor rating is something like 420 with my legendary dragon armor, and my daedric sword (which is unenchanted until further notice) has 60 attack. God bless smithing. I still REALLY need to find enchanted items with +1handed damage and +destruction (or fire magic) damage.

i have 15 dragon souls and 2 invested, lol.
How do you level up smithing so fast? do you go out and farm ore?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Daedric Armor is better than Dragon Armor but it's the hardest to get.
How do you level up smithing so fast? do you go out and farm ore?
- Go to Whiterun
- Buy Iron ingots and leather straps from the woman at the blacksmith
- Go inside and do the same for the man
- Go to the Skyforge next to the Companions house and buy the same from that old guy
- Forge Iron Daggers.

Repeat every two days in game.

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a question, on the PC how can you know if your game is already updated to the latest version (1.1?)

I'm doing some quests for the companions at the moment, I'm curious to see what kind of benefits you can have from becoming a
werewolf
. Hopefully they explain it to me before giving me the choice.
Also today I was doing a quest for Amren (Whiterun, get his sword from a bandit camp, easy and short) and on the ground in that cave I found a treasure map! So cool, the game didn't give me any clues, if I didn't see the white envelope I would have never found that treasure! I found it pretty quickly, a nice amount of items/gold was stashed in it.

Also came across a woman lying dead in her tent, killed by a bear, and barely visible there was her diary, which said she was from Cyrodiil and was going to live with her loved one in Helgen. She mentioned in the diary he had a vault where he kept all kinds of valuable stuff, hidden away in a trunk of a tree. I found the treasure! Just really cool that you really have to pay attention to get some good items/loot, if I didn't see that book I would have never found that diary. Also cool the game doesn't give you any clues in those cases, in Oblivion that wasn't the case. I like it!

Also found a skeleton hand sticking out of a pool of water with a glass sword in his hand, just laying there :P And a hand, barely visible, with a Gold Sapphire Ring, worth a lot of coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-