The BIG Football Thread

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Shinigami357 said:
AC Milan motto: what you start, you finish. LOL. I think some of those Barca free-kicks were too easily given. Also, the trademark "he hit my shoulder but I'll clutch my face and roll around for a minute anyway" performance showcased beautifully [it was Pedro, I think]. And how in the blue blazes do they get away with so much pushing? Alves almost shoved the defender straight into the ad boards.

Not just this but fouling off-the-ball they constantly do, it's obviously trained for them to do it. Against Arsenal last year particularly Busquets and Alves were just running into people off-the-ball to help keep possession. Refs rarely if ever give fouls for that though.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iNFiNiTY said:
Shinigami357 said:
AC Milan motto: what you start, you finish. LOL. I think some of those Barca free-kicks were too easily given. Also, the trademark "he hit my shoulder but I'll clutch my face and roll around for a minute anyway" performance showcased beautifully [it was Pedro, I think]. And how in the blue blazes do they get away with so much pushing? Alves almost shoved the defender straight into the ad boards.

Not just this but fouling off-the-ball they constantly do, it's obviously trained for them to do it. Against Arsenal last year particularly Busquets and Alves were just running into people off-the-ball to help keep possession. Refs rarely if ever give fouls for that though.
Cool Story Bro.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have to agree that Barcelona dive more than an average team, even though I like them as a team. Like the 2-1 Villa free kick against AC Milan should never have happened, Pedro (or Busquets, dunno) dived.

Giggsy saved us yesterday, weak game of United B-team, Giggsy almost scored 2.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emigre said:
Rockstar said:
Hulk goal vs Shaktar..... I can watch it 100 times and still think it did not happen...

ANybody play fantasy?

Not anymore. I put too much time into it. Ditto for Football/Championship Manager.

Wait you played FM?

Nobody plays FM here.... I am at 2018 at Chelsea and I line up like this:

Cech
Van Der Wiel
Luiz
Subotic
Bale
Hazard
Pastore
Hamsik
Nasri
Aguero
Sturridge

Thoughts?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rockstar said:
emigre said:
Rockstar said:
Hulk goal vs Shaktar..... I can watch it 100 times and still think it did not happen...

ANybody play fantasy?

Not anymore. I put too much time into it. Ditto for Football/Championship Manager.

Wait you played FM?

Cech
Van Der Wiel
Luiz
Subotic
Bale
Hazard
Pastore
Hamsik
Nasri
Aguero
Sturridge

Thoughts?

1. Delete that game.
2. Start a new game with a shit non-league with no money.
3. Take said shit team with no money to Champion's League Glory.
4. Revel in your greatness.

I'm absolutely serious, it's more fun and challenging to take Hereford United all the way than to take over an already good team. You also develop feelings of adoration for players you have never heard off, Adam Stansfield RIP. I sopped playing FM long ago when the game became too much like micromanagement. BTW, check out Nik Besagno. I signed him as a teenager on FM 06 and he turned out to be an excellent defensive midfielder. Also buy young, I never signed a player over twenty-five. This way you can generate some good money for squad players.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emigre said:
Rockstar said:
emigre said:
Rockstar said:

ANybody play fantasy?

Wait you played FM?

Cech
Van Der Wiel
Luiz
Subotic
Bale
Hazard
Pastore
Hamsik
Nasri
Aguero
Sturridge

Thoughts?

1. Delete that game.
2. Start a new game with a shit non-league with no money.
3. Take said shit team with no money to Champion's League Glory.
4. Revel in your greatness.

I'm absolutely serious, it's more fun and challenging to take Hereford United all the way than to take over an already good team. You also develop feelings of adoration for players you have never heard off, Adam Stansfield RIP. I sopped playing FM long ago when the game became too much like micromanagement. BTW, check out Nik Besagno. I signed him as a teenager on FM 06 and he turned out to be an excellent defensive midfielder. Also buy young, I never signed a player over twenty-five. This way you can generate some good money for squad players.

Thats what I am doing atm.. I still play the Chelsea game when I get bored but atm I am playing as Leeds and scouted a few south american youngsters.. cant even remember how to spell their wierd names but they had amazing stats...

Im in season 3... reached the EPL and I finished 8th last season.. pretty decent eh?

Also sure I will check him out
smile.gif

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Rockstar said:
MrCooper said:
I am American so I have no idea or any shits to give.
I am too.. American sports are boring
No.Just no.They are not boring.Basketball is one of the most exciting games of all time ALL TIME.Yes there are boring basketball games but there are boring soccer games.

Yes, and as a testament to basketball's awesomeness, the NBA's next season is in jeopardy. NFL almost went down the same way, too.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arsenal are playing great.Entertaining game.If Gervinho decided not to be such a ball hog on 2 occasions it might be 4-1 now.Great goal by Arteta.Cant wait for the second half.

Also United will go down tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Barcelona play later today.. time to bounce back

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Rockstar said:
MrCooper said:
I am American so I have no idea or any shits to give.
I am too.. American sports are boring
No.Just no.They are not boring.Basketball is one of the most exciting games of all time ALL TIME.Yes there are boring basketball games but there are boring soccer games.

Yes, and as a testament to basketball's awesomeness, the NBA's next season is in jeopardy. NFL almost went down the same way, too.
Thats because some players are way to greedy.With the NFL the owners were being greedy but its the opposite with the NBA.Enjoy having all our talent in the Euroleague for a season.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: