Football / Soccer
The Football Group (aka. Soccer for those in North America)

people-1284253_960_720.jpg


Join in to talk about recent football events and football/soccer in general!
Everybody welcome, except if you hate the sport.
Football / Soccer
Football / Soccer

The BIG Football Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Satangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 458,939
  • Replies Replies 6,129
Nobody likes liverpool so they won't get much out of the deal, it will just make the premier league more unfair, also there is no way 14 of the prem clubs will vote for this
BS, Liverpool will definitely get more TV-money with such a deal. Not as much as United and maybe Chelsea/Arsenal, but definitely more they get now. They are one of the most popular teams in the world, even after the bad recent years.
The complete lack knowledge or maybe its just ant-bias from the two previous posters is beyond words.
I just don't like Liverpool
Same here, I don't like them, but I respect them (and especially their history). I'm a Utd fan so it's logic I can't really like Liverpool, but I don't hate them.
 
Nobody likes liverpool so they won't get much out of the deal, it will just make the premier league more unfair, also there is no way 14 of the prem clubs will vote for this
BS, Liverpool will definitely get more TV-money with such a deal. Not as much as United and maybe Chelsea/Arsenal, but definitely more they get now. They are one of the most popular teams in the world, even after the bad recent years.
The complete lack knowledge or maybe its just ant-bias from the two previous posters is beyond words.
I just don't like Liverpool
Same here, I don't like them, but I respect them (and especially their history). I'm a Utd fan so it's logic I can't really like Liverpool, but I don't hate them.
Sort of the same for me, but I'm a Liverpool fan and I fucking hate Man United with a passion, but I respect them, and as for Liverpool not having as lucrative tv deals as Arsenal or Chelsea is just laughable.

Edit: As you said, Liverpool are still one of the most popular teams in the world even after the bad recent years, doesn't that tell you something about our fans?
 
Sort of the same for me, but I'm a Liverpool fan and I fucking hate Man United with a passion, but I respect them, and as for Liverpool not having as lucrative tv deals as Arsenal or Chelsea is just laughable.

Edit: As you said, Liverpool are still one of the most popular teams in the world even after the bad recent years, doesn't that tell you something about our fans?
I said maybe, but after doing some Googling and thinking, it's probably just no. Utd on top, Liverpool behind them.
Yes it says something about your fans, and yes, I know if the same happened to United, our fan base would drop a lot more than the fan base of Liverpool did.
I'm not one of those persons though, I'll keep supporting them. The same thing happened (and is still happening) to my favourite team, Club Brugge, they have a superb history but the past 6 years were quite bad. A lot of things happened, bad luck, bad purchases, ....

Fan base didn't drop at all, this season the vocal support is still just as strong as when the shit began.
 
Sort of the same for me, but I'm a Liverpool fan and I fucking hate Man United with a passion, but I respect them, and as for Liverpool not having as lucrative tv deals as Arsenal or Chelsea is just laughable.

Edit: As you said, Liverpool are still one of the most popular teams in the world even after the bad recent years, doesn't that tell you something about our fans?
I said maybe, but after doing some Googling and thinking, it's probably just no. Utd on top, Liverpool behind them.
Yes it says something about your fans, and yes, I know if the same happened to United, our fan base would drop a lot more than the fan base of Liverpool did.
I'm not one of those persons though, I'll keep supporting them. The same thing happened (and is still happening) to my favourite team, Club Brugge, they have a superb history but the past 6 years were quite bad. A lot of things happened, bad luck, bad purchases, ....

Fan base didn't drop at all, this season the vocal support is still just as strong as when the shit began.
When it comes to out of towners/foreiner Man United supporters here on gbatemp, your're probably the only one I actually have any respect for as a supporter, because most of them are just trolls and glory hunters.

@alidsl, I take some of what I said before back :)
 
Sort of the same for me, but I'm a Liverpool fan and I fucking hate Man United with a passion, but I respect them, and as for Liverpool not having as lucrative tv deals as Arsenal or Chelsea is just laughable.

Edit: As you said, Liverpool are still one of the most popular teams in the world even after the bad recent years, doesn't that tell you something about our fans?
I said maybe, but after doing some Googling and thinking, it's probably just no. Utd on top, Liverpool behind them.
Yes it says something about your fans, and yes, I know if the same happened to United, our fan base would drop a lot more than the fan base of Liverpool did.
I'm not one of those persons though, I'll keep supporting them. The same thing happened (and is still happening) to my favourite team, Club Brugge, they have a superb history but the past 6 years were quite bad. A lot of things happened, bad luck, bad purchases, ....

Fan base didn't drop at all, this season the vocal support is still just as strong as when the shit began.
When it comes to out of towners/foreiner Man United supporters here on gbatemp, your're probably the only one I actually have any respect for as a supporter, because most of them are just trolls and glory hunters.

@alidsl, I take some of what I said before back :)
Thanks man! I try to be more than the average gloryhunter, I'm glad to hear it's working :moogle:
I at least try to know the history of the club, the players and I'm not a twat that claims CR is the best footballer United has ever seen. That's between George Best and Ryan Giggs IIRC.
 
Sort of the same for me, but I'm a Liverpool fan and I fucking hate Man United with a passion, but I respect them, and as for Liverpool not having as lucrative tv deals as Arsenal or Chelsea is just laughable.

Edit: As you said, Liverpool are still one of the most popular teams in the world even after the bad recent years, doesn't that tell you something about our fans?
I said maybe, but after doing some Googling and thinking, it's probably just no. Utd on top, Liverpool behind them.
Yes it says something about your fans, and yes, I know if the same happened to United, our fan base would drop a lot more than the fan base of Liverpool did.
I'm not one of those persons though, I'll keep supporting them. The same thing happened (and is still happening) to my favourite team, Club Brugge, they have a superb history but the past 6 years were quite bad. A lot of things happened, bad luck, bad purchases, ....

Fan base didn't drop at all, this season the vocal support is still just as strong as when the shit began.
When it comes to out of towners/foreiner Man United supporters here on gbatemp, your're probably the only one I actually have any respect for as a supporter, because most of them are just trolls and glory hunters.

@alidsl, I take some of what I said before back :)
Thanks man! I try to be more than the average gloryhunter, I'm glad to hear it's working :moogle:
I at least try to know the history of the club, the players and I'm not a twat that claims CR is the best footballer United has ever seen. That's between George Best and Ryan Giggs IIRC.
:rofl2:
 
I'd say there's a good argument for Ronaldo in being Man Utd's greatest player. The man was able to carry a team to three consecutive league titles and a European Cup whilst having a scoring record which an out and out striker would kill for. He's the second best player of this generation for a reason.
 
I would like
Reina​
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique​
Gerrard-Lucas​
Kuyt-Suarez-Bellamy​
Carroll​
I think lfc can edge this​
 
Suarez was really close to a goal in that corner kick! Nice movement of him. So far Liverpool is the better team, I think. No harm done when it's still 0-0.
 
:bow: Never thought I would say this but well played United.LFC had the chances but De Gea's saves, Rooney;d defending.Deserved point for you guys.... but im dumped lfc could not snag a goal at the end it was an amazing shot by the so called "over rated" henderson
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
42
Threads:
23
Messages:
1204
Photos:
0

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted