The Big Bang Theory is on again!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I really like this show, the premise is standard but the jokes are smart and really spot on and I love the arguments between Sheldon and Leonard. One of my favourites was the "Multiple-dimensions theory" argument. One of the other moments I really like was when they were playing WoW and one of them ended up selling what they'd just won on eBay, classic. Anybody else watch this?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Niiice, it's good to see another fan. It gets loads of bad press but I think it's genius, as well as Kaley Cucuo being fine as. Sheldon is funny as hell, never actually met anyone like him but met plenty like Leonard.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Actually I met one dude who is like Sheldon. The guy's average wasn't that high, but he is definitely the smartest dude in Nano-tech engineering in our University. He just doesn't apply himself to Academics, he thinks that it "limits his imagination"

However, why did this show got bad press? It was awesome!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree! I think alot of the bad press is because the humor in it isn't just people hurting each other or people insulting other people. You have to actually have an IQ that reaches triple digits and some active synapses in your brain to get the jokes!

EDIT: Oh yeah, that bloke you know sounds pretty cool. Most of the smarter people in the world weren't the most academic.

S

scubersteve

Hmm... I should start watching this show...
Sounds epic.
Does the time conflict with How I Met Your Mother?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just hit the interwebs. I missed it because I had to walk 20 minutes back to my dorm in the rain because of a stupid test on the other side of campus.
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
scubersteve said:
Sounds epic.

I'm not too sure as I don't watch it on TV but it usually hits the groups after HIMYM so it's probably on after it. It's definitely worth checking out. It's the usual 2 guys sharing an apartment premise but the characters are awesome.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:
It just hit the interwebs. I missed it because I had to walk 20 minutes back to my dorm in the rain because of a stupid test on the other side of campus.
frown.gif

Nightmare! I'm just waiting for it to finish and then I'm gonna watch it myself.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
JPH said:
Last sitcom that I liked to watch:

King of Queens

Now that, my friends, is some funny shit
grog.gif

lmao I'm just watching an episode now while I wait for Big Bang Theory to finish! It's class, and it's got Ben Stillers Dad in it! Got Season 2 on DVD this morning so just watching them in a marathon session.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
scubersteve said:
Sounds epic.

I'm not too sure as I don't watch it on TV but it usually hits the groups after HIMYM so it's probably on after it. It's definitely worth checking out. It's the usual 2 guys sharing an apartment premise but the characters are awesome.

On CBS, it's:

Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Two And A Half Men
The New Adventures Of Old Christine

At least for now. It was a different line-up/order before the strike started.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been watching since season 1. Probably my favorite show on American TV right now. I laugh more at the gaming/nerd jokes but I occasionally get the science jokes. My favorite tonight was the

part where Leonard and Sheldon where arguing and Sheldon pulls the Scanners brain exploding thing. So Leonard attempts to keep Sheldon's hands away from his head. Pure Genius!!!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Loved the episode, the opening and closing bits with the lamp had me in stitches! I also noticed that all their laptops still run XP! lol

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG!!! yes!

this show owns. i love the humor since we are all like geeks but not as extreme as them. i told all my friends about it and they didn't like it at first, but after a few episodes they are hooked

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
AlerekNightfall said:
My only complaint is that penny should be just a bit smarter..but then again, america likes dumb blondes :/

Penny is smart, just average common-sense smart. The only reason she looks like a dumb blonde is because she's cast against genius characters. Dumb blonde is the character she played in the other comedy she was on, I think it was called 8 Simple Rules or something like that.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
TrolleyDave said:
AlerekNightfall said:
My only complaint is that penny should be just a bit smarter..but then again, america likes dumb blondes :/

Penny is smart, just average common-sense smart. The only reason she looks like a dumb blonde is because she's cast against genius characters. Dumb blonde is the character she played in the other comedy she was on, I think it was called 8 Simple Rules or something like that.
Yes, I agree. She did mention that she can put together a tractor trailer when she was a farmer... She's good at your every day life stuff, not so much math and science.

L

Lyuse

This show is very funny indeed Remember that episode when their internet was down and They were playing Jenga and discussing if Sheldon is a robot that was one of my favorite parts

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Nooooooooo!!! This program is utter, utter shite! I've never cringed so much in my entire life, it's too painful to watch.
You lot seriously like it?!
blink.gif
You're joking, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1