• SNEEK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to pick one, I'd say sneek purely because you get the channels as they're supposed to look, and you don't have to worry about a future custom IOS breaking support.

Triiforce is excellent too though, it's just not been working lately with the newest custom IOS releases. (I'm curious to see how well it'd work with herme's custom IOS, since uloader uses that and is able to do nand emulation.)

I'd avoid the Nintendo SD menu like the plaugue though. It's tremendously inefficient, and introduces a lot of wear and tear to the nand that really shouldn't be there.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115 said:
Liberty said:
Was it possible to force VC-games at 60Hz with Triiforce?

It can force video modes, if that's what you mean.
So it seems. Problem is that many VC-titles are not optimized for PAL and will run on 50Hz and aside from WAD Injection i don't know any other way to force these games run at 60Hz.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
May anyone tell me what's the best solution anyway? According to threads like this:
http://gbatemp.net/t245355-wii-channel-lim...s-with-nand-emu
there are even people using Sneek/Uneek + Triiforce.
Is that necessary? I just don't want to stress the Wii's NAND anymore and looking for a good solution.

Sneek provides no stress to the nand.

Triiforce is a channel loader, with nand emulation support. So it can be used with sneek if you pick the "real nand" option, which will really be an emulated nand if done through sneek. Sometimes it's preferable to load something through triiforce for various patching options that may or may not be in sneek yet. That's why it helps to have both.

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do you use the sd card menu? can someone point me a tutorial?
or is that so easy there's no need for it?
tongue.gif

in wich directory do i place the wads, in sd card, and in usb?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ng80092a said:
how do you use the sd card menu? can someone point me a tutorial?
or is that so easy there's no need for it?
tongue.gif

in wich directory do i place the wads, in sd card, and in usb?
That's easy. Install the WADs to your system menu, go to data management and move the channels to SD Card.

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks
smile.gif
when i do that, the games will be placed on the sd card, or it will be just a forwarder, with the games still inside the nand?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ng80092a said:
thanks
smile.gif
when i do that, the games will be placed on the sd card, or it will be just a forwarder, with the games still inside the nand?
It will be moved to the SD Card, but everytime you launch a game it will temporarily unpack to the NAND.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Uloader 5.1 installs them nicely on an emulated NAND . Just create a folder on SD or USB called "nand" then place inside it a folder called "install " where you place all your desired VC & Wiiware wad's .Next time you start Uloader it will install them to the mirror nand .

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
You're not limited to 512MB of memory , you can install gigabytes of Wiiware & VC . This is the future, even for softmodding ,i tell you

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally I just like having all of my saves on the real NAND and I have bought most of my VC (the only non-legit VC I have in injects of N64 games that aren't available in the store like Zelda OoT Master Quest, I use emulators for the rest of the systems). So inefficiency aside, SD card menu.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Personally I just like having all of my saves on the real NAND and I have bought most of my VC (the only non-legit VC I have in injects of N64 games that aren't available in the store like Zelda OoT Master Quest, I use emulators for the rest of the systems). So inefficiency aside, SD card menu.
i second that. well besides the injected n64 games personally i am kinda a fan of forwarders, and sence the n64 emulator is (with my gesstamation) 89% working, so i can't wait till they have that finished.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
trigger_ftu said:
qwertymodo said:
i second that. well besides the injected n64 games personally i am kinda a fan of forwarders, and sence the n64 emulator is (with my gesstamation) 89% working, so i can't wait till they have that finished.

Same here but there aren't any *fully* working forwarders for Wii64. The only one I've ever found that will even load Wii64 from a USB HD fails at loading the settings from USB as well (it loads the .dol from USB then tries to load the settings from SD). Probably an issue with the __args settings being handled ever-so-slightly different from 99% of all other homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc