Gaming the best rpg for wii

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna link you some Youtube videos, don't loose hope yet! :)

EDIT: Actually, here just look at this list, read some review, watch some Youtube videos, I'm sure you'll find a few that you'll like, both for the Wii and Gamecube.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/list-48

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/list-48

LOTS to be enjoyed!

And besides, how can you skip out on the sequel to Final Fantasy IV?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
besides the obvious you should try: xenoblade and arc rise fantasia there's also rune factory tides of destiny (frontier is also ok but the runeys ruin it later on), pandoras tower, last story, shiren the wanderer. whatever you do DO NOT try Baroque :P

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
No doubt, the Wii really is lacking in RPGs. Besides what's been mentioned, the only good ones left are untranslated like Dragon Quest X, Earth Seeker, Takt of Magic, and Tales of Graces. If you're really desperate you could tap into the SRPG department, which have some notables like Fire Emblem, Little King's Story (?), Phantom Brave, and Sakura Wars. I'd like to mention Super Robot Taisen (Japanese only) as well, just for the hell of it.

Reactions: NahuelDS

Freestylexgp

Wanderer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Arc Rise Fantasia are the 3 best RPGs for the Wii imo. From the Virtual Console if you have not played/beat Chrono Trigger or the Final Fantasy games then of course they are good as well.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Xenoblade, The Last Story. Don't listen to people who say Xenoblade isin't excellent its not only the best wii rpg its one of the best rpg's this generation. Although i guess that isin't saying much.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade, The Last Story. Don't listen to people who say Xenoblade isin't excellent its not only the best wii rpg its one of the best rpg's this generation. Although i guess that isin't saying much.
Prettymuch just these two games, and Twilight Princess.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna link you some Youtube videos, don't loose hope yet! :)

EDIT: Actually, here just look at this list, read some review, watch some Youtube videos, I'm sure you'll find a few that you'll like, both for the Wii and Gamecube.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/list-48

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/list-48

LOTS to be enjoyed!

And besides, how can you skip out on the sequel to Final Fantasy IV?

If you're gonna play FF4 The After Years, please play it on a PSP, it looks so much purtier, and you don't have to buy a ton of DLC's to get the full thing. Plus you get the actual FF4 included with it.

Reactions: Foxhounder and Qtis

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist pretty much already summed up the problem with 10 RPGs of wii :)

But if you like RPGs I guess you could play: Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world

There's a bunch of wiiware/virtual console rpgs ofcourse, but you can find all these games on other systems.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an Action-RPG, still counts.

Except it has no RPG aspects. That's like saying God of War is an action RPG.

Actually God of War is more of an action RPG than Zelda because you can actually level up your weapons and powers and shit. But no one calls it that.

For some reason people make the distinction that Zelda is a "RPG" yet Zelda-like games (such as Darksiders) would never get that distinction despite being more RPG-like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1