JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well you just said "No it's a RPG" and now you're saying "Just let it go!" It's not a RPG. I'm sick of people arguing that it is for some unknown reason. It doesn't make the quality of the games any different.
You need to start reading posts:
It's still considered an ARPG by many (certainly not a traditional RPG though), but just to get things moving, let's say I'm wrong and you are right. What matters for this topic is what the OP thinks.

@Zelosboss Where you asking to help decide on games to buy? If so, do games like Zelda fall into the category you were looking for? That would give us advise.
Until the OP answers those questions, there isn't really any point in continuing this topic. Unless of course someone can come up with more straight up RPG's.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have gamecube compatibility on your wii then your rpg options open up. as for wii rpgs, i've only beaten arc rise fantasia out of the ones
i own if that helps.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have gamecube compatibility on your wii then your rpg options open up. as for wii rpgs, i've only beaten arc rise fantasia out of the ones
i own if that helps.

I mean you totally get... Baten Kaitos and its sequel and... Skies of Arcadia and... Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Four whole RPGs!

The only thing worse than the Wii's RPG library is the Gamecube's.

Foxhounder

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna play FF4 The After Years, please play it on a PSP, it looks so much purtier, and you don't have to buy a ton of DLC's to get the full thing. Plus you get the actual FF4 included with it.
Yes, the PSP release looks so much better. In fact, Final Fantasy 1-4 all look beautiful on the PSP because of the updated sprites and maps. I think 5 was remade as well a year or two ago though I could be wrong. 5 sucks anyway.

Except it has no RPG aspects. That's like saying God of War is an action RPG.

Actually God of War is more of an action RPG than Zelda because you can actually level up your weapons and powers and shit. But no one calls it that.

For some reason people make the distinction that Zelda is a "RPG" yet Zelda-like games (such as Darksiders) would never get that distinction despite being more RPG-like.
I used to think like this, but RPG means "Role Playing Game", so Zelda techinically is a role playing game. It's not always about leveling up.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I always laugh when someone mentions Zelda as an RPG. Srsly. XD

Anyway, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and The last story are my mentions. They aren't FANTASIC games per se, but they are better then average.

I used to think like this, but RPG means "Role Playing Game", so Zelda techinically is a role playing game. It's not always about leveling up.
so... Does that mean Super Mario Bros. is an RPG game? Y'know... Cause Mario has a role to save Princess Peach?

Reactions: Bladexdsl

David Womack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent a long time tryin to find a good RPG for the wii and I did find a few. My favorite RPG's for the wii were:

1-Arc Rise Fantasia
2-Xenoblade Chronicles
3-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
4-The Last Story

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I blame SNES' Super Mario RPG for all the confusion; because it wasn't an RPG either. Somehow after this game, anything fantasy-esque was awarded the RPG moniker. Perhaps OP should change the title to "the best ARPG for the Wii," as this would also include the RPGs already listed here as well. Just a suggestion. BTW, are we even up to 10 yet?

David Womack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent a long time tryin to find a good RPG for the wii and I did find a few. My favorite RPG's for the wii were:

1-Arc Rise Fantasia
2-Xenoblade Chronicles
3-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
4-The Last Story

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I blame SNES' Super Mario RPG for all the confusion; because it wasn't an RPG either. Somehow after this game, anything fantasy-esque was awarded the RPG moniker. Perhaps OP should change the title to "the best ARPG for the Wii," as this would also include the RPGs already listed here as well. Just a suggestion. BTW, are we even up to 10 yet?

Super Mario RPG was a RPG.

That's not a legitimate answer. There are RPG's where leveling up doesn't apply.

Such as?

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all