Hacking The Beatles: Rock Band

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDD13 said:
Hi, I will ask a stupid thing lol.

This game can be played without any peripheral?

Nope, you need either a Guitar Hero or Rock Band guitar. Either will do. Without a guitar attached, it keeps telling you to connect a controller.

Also, the game works just fine here in both Hibern's Wiiflow and Neogamma on 4.1U with 249 (rev14) and force NTSC. No need at all for Hermes 222/223. Haven't tried GX, as I don't use it.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
It works with NeoGamma for me, but it doesn't register my drum set.
SoftChip doesn't work all :/

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
can anyone confirm this game does NOT support sdhc cards? i'm hopin' and prayin' the two cards i tried are simply malfunctioning, but i have a sinking feeling about it.
This is an error with the cIOSes, they break the SD card writing/copying functionality. The only way to test SDHC card compatibility will be to load the game via disc channel using a cIOSCORP IOS37 or waiting for the retail release. Rumors state that it will support SDHC...

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
When people say "works perfectly" do they actually mean they have tested the game fully to see if it works perfectly, or only works MOSTLY?

eg. the guys posting that it works "perfectly", does that mean that you have played it with three singers, a drummer and two guitarists, or do you mean you were able to choose a song alone on guitar/bass and it worked?

I'm curious as to if anyone has the Rock Band 1 drums working with this game. According to the Rock Band website the RB1 drums are supported, but for me they turn off as soon as the game starts (from USB or disc). My USB mic works fine (when loaded from USB or disc), but the drums always turn off, and the one time they didn't turn off they were recognized on the instrument select screen as a USB guitar.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
This is an error with the cIOSes, they break the SD card writing/copying functionality. The only way to test SDHC card compatibility will be to load the game via disc channel using a cIOSCORP IOS37 or waiting for the retail release. Rumors state that it will support SDHC...
thank you, as always.

QUOTE(solcott @ Sep 5 2009, 07:33 PM) When people say "works perfectly" do they actually mean they have tested the game fully to see if it works perfectly, or only works MOSTLY?

eg. the guys posting that it works "perfectly", does that mean that you have played it with three singers, a drummer and two guitarists, or do you mean you were able to choose a song alone on guitar/bass and it worked?
working fine with 2 guitar hero guitars, 1 set of world tour drums, and 1 naked brothers band mic here.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solcott said:
Oh, I didn't think of trying my GHWT drums :-)

edit: so my GHWT drums work with TB:RB, but my Rock Band 1 drums don't. :-(

Have you tried it with Hermes CIOS? As a last resort, try it with the Rock Band Channel. I know I was able to get Rock Band and Rock Band 2 to work with the Rock Band Drums using the channel.

chazmyth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten it to work on USB loaders and Backup loaders but I experience problems with both.

USB Method: If I happen to get one of my several USB loaders to launch this game successfully, it refuses to get past the loading screen once a song is selected. Just stays at the load screen with no change.

Backup Method: The only program that was able to launch this just fine was Gamma 3 Rev14 but every song I select fails during the load session as well. However, it displays the classic "disc can not be read" BS. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using an NTSC Wii console with the correct region settings in all the loaders as well as the 002 anti fix enabled and 222, 223, both merged with 66/67 as well as 249 IOS's.

betoranaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found this post and am hoping someone here can help me with my problem...

From my original post at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178433

The game iso's play no problem through the USB Configurable Loader.

I received a copy of Rock Band Beatles PAL (I force NTSC and turn on the 002 fix) and the game runs no problem.

One thing I have noticed (can't get past this one chapter) is that on a long song (first long song) the game will freeze in the same spot every time. It doesn't matter which instrument is used. It's frustrating that I can't get to the next chapter. The song in question is Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Has anyone experienced this? All other 26 songs I have played thus far seem to be working fine.

What could be causing this? I was reading something about Hermie's ISO223 installer combined fixes HD sleep issues but I don't even know if that is my problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woffle99 said:
Odd really - GH5 worked for me on USBLoader GX (using IOS223 (37 merge 36)) but this one won't no matter what settings I use. Works fine through Configurable USB Loader using the same settings though.

Seems to be no real pattern as to what works for which game and for which people - seems like the best thing to do is just try different IOS and different loaders with different settings and see which works for you.

No need to be installing IOS56 wads though - I've certainly never bothered.

The only pattern I've noticed over the last couple of weeks is....more and more "not working in usb loader gx" and "working great in config loader"....but I'm still gratefull for GX. I'm sure if we give them time, these headaches will go away, I just wish these coders would put their work together for one Ultimate Config Loader GX. You know what I mean? I've never had a code dump in Config Loader, games load, dols load, but it's ugly compared to gx. No homebrew or channel launching either. I dropped a line in their forums and asked if those features are in the future and they said not at all. Well that decided that battle easily.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have not updated my ios for a while, i ahve no problem loading the game but it does keep telling me that i have to connect a mic or guitar, i have them plugged in, i noticed that when the game starts the light on the guitar hub goes off?
what ios should i use to get the mic and guitar working?
thanks guys

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
betoranaldi said:
The song in question is Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
i think you may have downloaded an alternate dump of this game.

The Beatles weren't drinking soda when they wrote that album!
rofl2.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
betoranaldi said:
I just found this post and am hoping someone here can help me with my problem...

From my original post at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178433

The game iso's play no problem through the USB Configurable Loader.

I received a copy of Rock Band Beatles PAL (I force NTSC and turn on the 002 fix) and the game runs no problem.

One thing I have noticed (can't get past this one chapter) is that on a long song (first long song) the game will freeze in the same spot every time. It doesn't matter which instrument is used. It's frustrating that I can't get to the next chapter. The song in question is Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Has anyone experienced this? All other 26 songs I have played thus far seem to be working fine.

What could be causing this? I was reading something about Hermie's ISO223 installer combined fixes HD sleep issues but I don't even know if that is my problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

There shouldn't be any freezing. I've played through the entire game in "normal" mode, and many songs including Sgt Pepper in "hard" mode with no issues. I've done this with cIOS38 rev14 (ios249) with guitar only using Hibern's Wiiflow beta2, CFG Loader, and Neogamma. I've also played the majority of the game with bandmates with 2 guitars, drums, and mic via Hermes cIOS 223 (merged with 37) through CFG loader. Either 222 or 223 will work with drums and mic if merged with 37 on install, but you'll need to use a loader that supports the IOS (like CFG Loader).

Also, I've got an HD that was known to sleep (WD MyBook 1TB), but there should be no sleep issues anymore with current cIOSes (especially in the very short time it takes to play through a single song), so that's not your problem. I'm willing to bet that you've got a bad dump, and will need to download the game again. Go with a scene release (I believe GLOBAL released The Beatles PAL version) instead of some random scrubbed dump you found somewhere.

betoranaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
There shouldn't be any freezing. I've played through the entire game in "normal" mode, and many songs including Sgt Pepper in "hard" mode with no issues. I've done this with cIOS38 rev14 (ios249) with guitar only using Hibern's Wiiflow beta2, CFG Loader, and Neogamma. I've also played the majority of the game with bandmates with 2 guitars, drums, and mic via Hermes cIOS 223 (merged with 37) through CFG loader. Either 222 or 223 will work with drums and mic if merged with 37 on install, but you'll need to use a loader that supports the IOS (like CFG Loader).

Also, I've got an HD that was known to sleep (WD MyBook 1TB), but there should be no sleep issues anymore with current cIOSes (especially in the very short time it takes to play through a single song), so that's not your problem. I'm willing to bet that you've got a bad dump, and will need to download the game again. Go with a scene release (I believe GLOBAL released The Beatles PAL version) instead of some random scrubbed dump you found somewhere.

Thank you for your response, might have corrupted the iso on download or transfer to disk. I am currently in the process of getting an ntsc version. Thank you for your guidance, much appreciated.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to ask a couple ?'s about instruments and also post a confirmed working on a 4.0U/R13a/NeoGammaR7 configuration. Also tested 3.2U/R14/NeoGammaR7. Both worked to load the game fine BUT, I do not have any rock band instruments so I got stuck at "attach microphone" screen. Hopefully it works past there
tongue.gif

I saw someone post on page 2 that they could play guitar on this game using a guitar hero guitar? How are you doing that?....

I am currently trying to decide whether I should buy a set of RB2 instruments or just buy a GH/RB compatible guitar (99% of my playing is just me on guitar, but I would LIKE to reserve the option to play a full ensemble if enough friends are visiting). So, what should I buy to get the best compatibility for both GH AND RB titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.