Hacking The Beatles: Rock Band

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have the PAL version running on my NTSC 3.2 Wii. I have Cios 249 rev9 with GX loader v600ish and Force NTSC. Strangely though I have 002 fix set to Anti and not On. (On gave a black screen).
Also of note I have the generic 36US$ GH3 Guitar from Dealextreme working no problem with this.

alderaan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
imapterodactyl said:
saik0 said:
I got this working in uLoader with the following settings.

NTSC
cIOS 223 (Hermes IOS36/37 merged)
English

I cant seem to do anything to get this game (or GH5) working in USB Loader GX though.

That's because it will only work with 223, not 249. Same applies to Guitar Hero 5, so I've read.

Thanks for the verification of NTSC compatibility!

LoaderGX xan load games under 223 - but it is rather buggy. The best way to get game loading successfully, apparently, is to have the 'global setting' for cIOS set to 223 as well as for the individual game.

It seems a global setting of 249 and a game setting of 223 is not always successful.

I cant set LoaderGX to 223 for global settings, I can only set 222 and 249, and that still doesnt work.... hmmm maybe I can try setting 222 for global and individual...

heyeph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Yes - Hermes cIOS 222 (37 merged with 36) and Loader CFG will recognise at least one mic.

There was an issue raised where apparently multiple mics (for the harmonies stuff) weren't recognised via any loader but I don't remember if this was confirmed or not.

Does Hermes 222 (or is it 223?) also allow the RB2 drums to be recognized?

nippleblast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NTSC wii 3.2u, neogamma R7, and Cios 249 rev 14. I can get the game to load fine. I can even use the microphone, but I cant seem to be able to recognize the guitar.

What do i have to do to get all the instruments to work?

ALso tried to install Hermes Cios installer, but still no luck.
(RB2 still works when I use the RB Launcher, but not when i open with neogamma)

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the exact same problem, it recognizes a mic if it is inserted before starting the game, but the guitar or drums cannot be recognized although the game loads fine from CIOS 249, any help?

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i have RB1 drums and i have done the whole 222 mergeing thing. I can have 2 mics atleast (i dont have 3 to test 3) but doesnt anyone have a confirmed case of RB1 drums or RB1 wireless guitar working? i cant get either to work in this but they work fine in my legal copy of RB1.

ronhempner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having problems getting USBLoader GX to work with this game using the Rock Band 2 USB instruments and couldn't find a good answer, so after trial and error I figured I'd post my solution: USBLoader GX v747, Hermes cIOS v4 222 (38 merged with 37), and 002 fix set to anti, all of the USB instruments work (on 3.2U Wii). This is the only way it would work for me... Using cIOS 222 with 002 fix set to ON would just go to black screen. Using cIOS 249 (rev 14) would load and accept wiimote instruments and microphone but no wireless usb instruments. Hope this helps someone!

kr1mson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with my RBB. I finally got it to boot and I can get it to recognize the RB2 USB mic, but the wireless USB adapters for the guitar/drums almost act like they dont have power. They flash just fine when it boots, and during the USBLoader GX loading, but they seem like they turn off. Then they never get a blue light again after that.

The USB Drive is plugged into the bottom, and the USB instrument dongles are plugged into the top. I have the Guitar dongle plugged in to the wii, and then the Mic and Drum dongle plugged into either side of that. Should I be using some kind of USB Hub or anything?

I believe I am using USBLoader GX 747 with IOS222 merged 38 with 37. I have 002 set to anti for RBB, and globally on (I had to change that recently, but that's a whole different story). I am also using 4.0U. Is there some other combination that I can try?

Thanks.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Won't work for me. Using cIOS38 rev 13, BackUpLauncher 0.3GAMMA, and NTSC Beatles Rock Band. I've been off the scene several months now and I get a green sceen, then a black screen.

Yeah, it's sad, I got it for my birthday.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it off of USB Loader (uLoader) w/ cIOS 232 (multicios install that played my GH5 before I burned it), worked okay, however I could not get it to detect my Logitech Microphone.

Tried burning it and using SoftChip, -cIOS 232 loads a black screen (works 100% for GH5, including Mic)
-cIOS 222 and 223 with every combination of 36, 36 & 37 and 37 will not load, or blackscreen.

NTSC Wii, PAL disc. Obviously trying to force video mode to NTSC.

Any suggestions?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, update: I finally got the game to work 100% including Microphone, so I will post my results.

After much messing about, I installed IOS 36 merged with 37 to cIOS 222 using Hermes cIOS Installer. Loaded the game through uLoader, Video Mode to NTSC and IOS to 222 obviously. Tada
excl.gif
Game works great. Microphones and guitars are recognized (I Don't have drums yet).

So for anyone else stuck mucking about like I was with MulticIOS (which you will still need for GH5), try my suggestions above. As a side note, be sure that you install Hermes and Multi cIOS's to seperate IOS's so that you are able to play both games without having to reinstall IOS's constantly (I used 232 w/ Multi for gh5)
Enjoy everyone.
grog.gif

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can't believe how expensive DLC is for this game... it costs more for the darn DLC than to buy the actual albums! i though the game was called Rock Band The Beatles, not Rock Band Eventually The Beatles After You Spend Another $300

if anyone gets working DLC cracked please let me know, i've about had it with harmonix ripping off customers

naupru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got this working with RB2 drums and/or guitars? The RB2 mic works fine and so does my GH3 guitar, but the RB2 guitar and drums don't work at all no matter how I try to load it.

betoranaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naupru said:
Has anyone got this working with RB2 drums and/or guitars? The RB2 mic works fine and so does my GH3 guitar, but the RB2 guitar and drums don't work at all no matter how I try to load it.

yes, I have gotten it to work loading the game with Hermes 222/223 and USB Configurable Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good