The Apple iPad

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Gonna be the same with the iPhone, I'm just holding out till a real killer appears (with all the functions I want) and then I will buy that.
2.5 years and counting
rolleyes.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am displeased

now I will to see all the apple fags trying to show this off in public to make them feel kewl

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
appleannouncestablet.jpg

I'll just...uh...leave this here...

In other words: Apple has released something of poor quality once again, and adding the iPhone's OS to it...makes it that much more of a turn-off. OS X is okay, I guess...but iPhone's OS is just disgusting...and plain.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
its just a macbook with a touch screen
Nah, at least macbooks are actually practical/useful and can be powerful. Only a 1 GHz processor and $700-800 for 64GB? It's a glorified iPod Touch/iPhone. I already have something that kills this...it's called a tablet PC with a pretty good GPU.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shinkukage09 said:
In other words: Apple has released something of poor quality once again, and adding the iPhone's OS to it...makes it that much more of a turn-off. OS X is okay, I guess...but iPhone's OS is just disgusting...and plain.
Why should it run OSX? Because of the interface, which is only necessary for a real PC? I see no reason.
Tablet PC's aren't meant to be powerful for real gaming etc., they're meant for watching a movie, going on the internet or reading a book, people, seesh.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
shinkukage09 said:
Why should it run OSX? Because of the interface, which is only necessary for a real PC? I see no reason.
Tablet PC's aren't meant to be powerful for real gaming etc., they're meant for watching a movie, going on the internet or reading a book, people, seesh.

Only problem is...Apple said this thing would do gaming better then Laptops and smartphones. So...yeah...apparenty this hunk of plastic and metal is supposed to do gaming better.
happy.gif
;

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I've not been too kind to Apple since they started introducing iPod Touches and iPhones. Before, they made some solid electronics. 5th Gen iPods are awesome music players, better than iPod Touches/iPhones. Nowadays it just seems to me that they make pricey, flashy electronics that just look good but aren't actually great themselves.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
nitrostemp said:
Nah, at least macbooks are actually practical/useful and can be powerful. Only a 1 GHz processor and $700-800 for 64GB? It's a glorified iPod Touch/iPhone. I already have something that kills this...it's called a tablet PC with a pretty good GPU.

1) Clock speed is not the defining factor of processor power. See: every non-Intel/AMD chip ever made.

2) Your tablet PC is probably several times heavier and bulkier than this. A very poor implementation of this form factor.

3) Not sure how you can comment on the GPU when the spec hasn't been announced.

4) That tablet PC probably costed more than 500USD.

I could go on, but your post presented enough nonfacts to correct on it's own.

Meh, I've not been too kind to Apple since they started introducing iPod Touches and iPhones. Before, they made some solid electronics. 5th Gen iPods are awesome music players, better than iPod Touches/iPhones.
I hope you're kidding.

4th/5th gen iPods were just proprietary overpriced shit. The iTouch/iPhone actually created a fantastic mobile platform as the single best implementation of capacitive touchscreens.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Seraph said:
nitrostemp said:

1) Clock speed is not the defining factor of processor power. See: every non-Intel/AMD chip ever made.

2) Your tablet PC is probably several times heavier and bulkier than this. A very poor implementation of this form factor.

3) Not sure how you can comment on the GPU when the spec hasn't been announced.

4) That tablet PC probably costed more than 500USD.

I could go on, but your post presented enough nonfacts to correct on it's own.

Meh, I've not been too kind to Apple since they started introducing iPod Touches and iPhones. Before, they made some solid electronics. 5th Gen iPods are awesome music players, better than iPod Touches/iPhones.
I hope you're kidding.

4th/5th gen iPods were just proprietary overpriced shit. The iTouch/iPhone actually created a fantastic mobile platform as the single best implementation of capacitive touchscreens.

You're sounding like a butthurt Apple fanboy. "Your tablet PC is blahblahblah". How would you know? I've seen some light enough tablet PCs before. And they weren't Apple crap, either. They were actually good, with an actual OS that both worked good, and looked good.

Now me, I own a ZuneHD. It outclasses even the iPhone/iTouch easily, BUT I'm not going to say it isn't without faults. Some things on it were poorly implemented.

Nothing is perfect, don't act like they are. And no, the iTouch/iPhone did not. The only reason they sell so well is because everyone likes to jump on anything with "i" at the beginning of the name. The original iPods were good, now the iPod is just crap.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:

This doesn't really seem like a fact based argument as much as Microsoft fan vs. Apple fan. Thought I'd point that out. Well, there's facts, but most of the time they're irrelevant when it's one fan against an opposite one.

As per my earlier comment, iPod Touches are good multimedia devices, but as a music player, it's outclassed by older iPods.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
You're sounding like a butthurt Apple fanboy. "Your tablet PC is blahblahblah". How would you know? I've seen some light enough tablet PCs before. And they weren't Apple crap, either. They were actually good, with an actual OS that both worked good, and looked good.
I actually own two tablet PC's currently (an old Portege 3500 and Latitude X2), and hci being my area of expertise I think I know the field pretty well.

Current convertible tablets don't really compare to the "slate" form-factor (as they're calling it now). iPad isn't the end-all be-all, but it is currently the best implementation (or at least appears to be based on the information we have so far) of said form factor. They are different types of devices with different usage scenarios.

QUOTE said:
Now me, I own a ZuneHD. It outclasses even the iPhone/iTouch easily, BUT I'm not going to say it isn't without faults. Some things on it were poorly implemented.
Would you care to name some reasons?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:
Nothing is perfect, don't act like they are. And no, the iTouch/iPhone did not. The only reason they sell so well is because everyone likes to jump on anything with "i" at the beginning of the name. The original iPods were good, now the iPod is just crap.
Whether or not a product sells well is irrelevant to whether I will purchase it. I own and use an iPhone (3GS) because it has the most powerful hardware of available consumer handsets (well, until the HD2/NexusOne came out that is), an enormous library of third-party software, an intuitive and snappy interface, the best web browser on any mobile platform, is built on BSD (meaning supports unix binaries with little to no modification, robust permissions system, etc), excellent build quality, a slim chassis, among other things.

I didn't say anything resembling "perfect," but as most fanboys you're quick to put words in people's mouths.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jan 27 2010, 12:53 PM)
As per my earlier comment, iPod Touches are good multimedia devices, but as a music player, it's outclassed by older iPods.
Which were in turn outclassed by most other competing audio players of the era (in both sound quality and customizability).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're syaing I'm a Microsoft fanboy now? Nice. You're right though, fanboys do tend to put words in other people's mouths, which you just did. If I was a Microsoft fanboy, I'd be saying everything Microsoft is better then anything Apple. Which I'm not, now am I. I'm merely saying you sound exactly likea butthurt Apple fanboy, defending it at every turn. That "enormous library" is mostly crap, quite literally. The best web browser? I think not. But that may be opinion, so whatever. It's build quality sucks, as I've seen many people accidentally break them by JUST ONE DROP. And interface isn't "intuitive" or "snappy". It's plain, annoying, and relatively stupid. Unlike the original iPod's interfaces.

You saying it's going to be the best, or rather will be from what we've heard, is like saying Natal will be the best with what it does. And look at what we've seen. The more info we get, the less Natal appeals to anyone. And I can already see that something similar will happen with this.

You can call me a fanboy all you want, but it doesn't make one. But really, I care less about an argument with you then keeping my warn level down, so I'm done. Besides, I gotta go to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...