The 90dns DNS redirection config: emummc.txt - Can I trust it ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm just building a new EmuMMC SD card and i'm including the above file so it blocks online access to the Nintendo Servers...my question is can i trust this is going to block all the traffic to Nintendo so I don't get banned ?

I never go online and normally have it set to airplane mode but if I did, it would only be so I can use my switch to Remote Play my PS4 and maybe copying a few files back and forth to the SD card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys

I'm just building a new EmuMMC SD card and i'm including the above file so it blocks online access to the Nintendo Servers...my question is can i trust this is going to block all the traffic to Nintendo so I don't get banned ?

I never go online and normally have it set to airplane mode but if I did, it would only be so I can use my switch to Remote Play my PS4 and maybe copying a few files back and forth to the SD card.

To some extent. It blocks what we know. it’s the best we’ve got. That said, nothing is 100%.

All it would take is for Ninty to hardcore a BeaconIP in one of the new games that ships a backup copy of your Prodinfo from an encrypted location and we’re all done. * just an example of how easy it would be to pull off…not a real (that we know of) use case.

You are doing it right by using multiple layers of protection. Never going online is the best protection. Once you go online…protection falls off precipitously.

Last edited by binkinator,

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Guys

if your ISP use DNS poisoning, 90dns became useless

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys

If you're really that paranoid, why not just delete Wi-Fi settings altogether? Can't go online if you don't have Wi-Fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: