should i factory reset my switch before modding

hello000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im aware that making an emummc clones the nand. I assume this means that it will carry over my accounts that are linked to nintendo online.
will this cause problems? even if im blocking servers

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im aware that making an emummc clones the nand. I assume this means that it will carry over my accounts that are linked to nintendo online.
No creating an emunand just creates a completely new install of the OS. Nothing will be carried over.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No creating an emunand just creates a completely new install of the OS. Nothing will be carried over.
Completely wrong, everything is carried over apart from the Nintendo folder on SD as emuNAND uses a different folder unless you tell it not to.
This is probably preferrable, as some games require a linked Nintendo account to work, there are ways to fake link an account but if you already have one linked you don't need to bother with that, and it won't cause any problems.

Reactions: Blythe93

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely wrong, everything is carried over apart from the Nintendo folder on SD as emuNAND uses a different folder unless you tell it not to.

This is probably preferrable, as some games require a linked Nintendo account to work, there are ways to fake link an account but if you already have one linked you don't need to bother with that, and it won't cause any problems.
When I created my emunand it was a completely plain system with no accounts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4