Hardware The 3DS XL does *not* scratch itself - Video Proof Inside

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These videos are made by me, with my own 3DS XL hopefully this will prove to some (Not the trolls of course they won't believe me regardless of what I do) that the 3DS XL can not scratch itself or the screens don't scratch themselves. In other words the "line issue" from the original 3DS has been fixed.

If you don't want to watch the full videos of Video 1 & 2 that's fine just watch the beginning where I show the screen being flawless then skip to the end when I get back in my house unedited and show the screens again being flawless.

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbv2QxEQCng

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBFp-OLjBMg

Video 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLF5Pjwdao

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but these videos kind of remind me of Sprint whenever I took my first smartphone in constantly because the GPS and data connection would constantly break. They would test it for 10 minutes and say "oh, it's not broken, we don't need to repair it for you," and deny the issues exists, even though many other customers had the same complaint. Taking it for a few ten minute walks without issue doesn't prove ALL 3DS XLs don't have this issue. It doesn't even prove that yours doesn't. Only time can tell if yours doesn't.

Reactions: 2 people

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
This is not proof.
It's not possible to prove a negative statement.

These videos only show that in one case the 3DS XL did not scratch itself.
My original 3DS took a while to start developing the lines on the top screen, so I could just as easily have made such a video with it in the first few days or weeks of operation.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is not proof.
It's not possible to prove a negative statement.

These videos only show that in one case the 3DS XL did not scratch itself.
My original 3DS took a while to start developing the lines on the top screen, so I could just as easily have made such a video with it in the first few days or weeks of operation.
Same here. I didn't get the lines on my 3DS until a good few solid months had passed.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, am I just VERY tired / have been drugged or does your camera really mess up at 1:30 in the first video?

Edit: Not just at that point, through the entire video (noticeable while you're outside though).

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did not bother watching the videos, but i know from my 3DS XL i do not get lines, walking or twirling it around like a madman with a wrist strap.

and by twirling it, i mean spinning it around alot and bouncing it very hard up and down, something that would break the top screen of the 3DS.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, am I just VERY tired / have been drugged or does your camera really mess up at 1:30 in the first video?

Edit: Not just at that point, through the entire video (noticeable while you're outside though).
Just watched back my videos I didn't find anything wrong with them.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I definitely got a "footprint" from the lower screen on one side on my XL, I'd take a pic but I sent it in to fix the stylus jitter bug that more and more people are confirming. I have hacky-sacked with it in my back pocket (for coins,) but I never sat on it or treated it poorly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?