That "The World Ends With You" Teaser...yeah it's just a i

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Ends up being a $20.00 port

A $20 port is horrendous? But we see a cavalcade of HD re-releases from all sides and shameless ports with no enhancements thrown across every platform for much more money than they're worth and we're complaining about a $20 port.

If this was the same news but you swapped iOS with any other device (PC, 3DS, Vita, Xbox 360, PS3) then it'd be a huge sea of applause. But it's just a bunch of generic Square Enix hate and a bunch of generic iOS hate rolled into one lump of whiny, self-entitled gamers.

Actually for me, I would still be pissed off. All this teasing and even that tweet and shit, and it still just ends up being a port that sells for a bit too much when you can get the original for easily 10 bucks (like at my local EB). With the hype and teasing that went into the site, it didn't deserve to just be a port or remake or whatever you want to call it.

Ahrimhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

A $20 port is horrendous? But we see a cavalcade of HD re-releases from all sides and shameless ports with no enhancements thrown across every platform for much more money than they're worth and we're complaining about a $20 port.

If this was the same news but you swapped iOS with any other device (PC, 3DS, Vita, Xbox 360, PS3) then it'd be a huge sea of applause. But it's just a bunch of generic Square Enix hate and a bunch of generic iOS hate rolled into one lump of whiny, self-entitled gamers.
i dont think its the port itself thats getting all the hate but the fact that they made a 7 day teaser website for it. sure HD remakes are produced all over the place but at least the companies making them normally dont start a big hype for them. some of it probably really is just generic SE and iOS hate but i think the majority is just pissed that they made that teaser side for it. if they just told the public "hey, TWEWY will be coming to iOS" i think most people would be fine as they were not expecting a sequel or something like that but with all the hype being made it was just a huge letdown to see that its just an iOS port.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think its the port itself thats getting all the hate but the fact that they made a 7 day teaser website for it. sure HD remakes are produced all over the place but at least the companies making them normally dont start a big hype for them. some of it probably really is just generic SE and iOS hate but i think the majority is just pissed that they made that teaser side for it. if they just told the public "hey, TWEWY will be coming to iOS" i think most people would be fine as they were not expecting a sequel or something like that but with all the hype being made it was just a huge letdown to see that its just an iOS port.

Everyone was on the edge of their seat a while back for a Capcom teaser site that launched a fucking viral marketing campaign for Dead Rising 2.

Seriously, grow a pair people.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait let me get this straight:

>This countdown shows up that ends up being a port of the game for the iOS devices.
>A tweet from a NA localizer says that we should wait until the end, teasing us even more that there's something else

And yet people bitched and made a campaign to get the ending of Mass Effect 3 changed but nobody does anything for Square to get their shit together, after they've been trolling us and been turning to crap ever since the PS3 came out...? Weird.
I think you should help start something.

It could be called "Operation... what are you doing?"

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

>This countdown shows up that ends up being a port of the game for the iOS devices.
>A tweet from a NA localizer says that we should wait until the end, teasing us even more that there's something else

And yet people bitched and made a campaign to get the ending of Mass Effect 3 changed but nobody does anything for Square to get their shit together, after they've been trolling us and been turning to crap ever since the PS3 came out...? Weird.
I think you should help start something.

"Operation... what are you doing?"

Operation World Begins with Us

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't do anything wrong, you're being way too butthurt over this. Square Enix are a business, a teaser like this is great for letting people know that this exists and the more people who know about it the greater the sales. As I said before, you people only have yourselves to blame. You looked at the news sites and saw they were teasing this, Square Enix didn't create the hype you and the news sites did. You lot were the ones who were reading into every bit of information and assuming it was a sequel.

It is purely YOUR fault that you now feel the way you do.

Accept it and move on.

Reactions: 3 people

gDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
still can't belive it. °_°

This. Plus,
Remember when I talked about how everyone disliked that trailer? Well square has shamelessly disabled opinions on the video, so that red bar is history now.
this, plus
this.
Operation World Begins with Us
:ninja:

Ahrimhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They didn't do anything wrong, you're being way too butthurt over this. Square Enix are a business, a teaser like this is great for letting people know that this exists and the more people who know about it the greater the sales. As I said before, you people only have yourselves to blame. You looked at the news sites and saw they were teasing this, Square Enix didn't create the hype you and the news sites did. You lot were the ones who were reading into every bit of information and assuming it was a sequel.

Accept it and move on.
first of all, i didnt say they did anything wrong, saleswise they probably didnt, but that doesnt change that people dont like it. and of course they created the hype. what do you think teaser sites are for? they knew that there were fans waiting for something TWEWY related so they started the site in order for the fans to create the hype. SE didnt create it actively but passively through the fans and it was what they wanted to do. and the tweet from that transator guy (forgot his name)? that was actively creating hype. if it wasnt for that tweet, most fans probably would have moved on by now. i'm actually not pissed at SE for making that port, because now even more people can play a really good game and maybe with more fans there will at some point be a sequel. i didnt like how they teased us with it and i dont think something like that should be made for a simple port but oh well now they did. what i really didnt like though was that tweet and how he still "stands by it". he was like "but wait, theres more" and the fans trusted him and waited for more, and then there actually was nothing more at all.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Accept it and move on.

Nah. I think Ahrimhan is correct. SE was pretty douchy in the what they did.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually, I am a reasonable person. Usually, but not now. Fuck Squeenix, and fuck the assholes who are rejoicing at TWEWY's fanbase's disappointment.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great argument.

I think people here just love finding excuses to complain about gaming because they have nothing better to do. God forbid they do something like play video games, we must complain more about them!
Come on, Guild. Playing games is tiring and I need to vent my petty first-world frustrations!

The lesson here is never let a teaser get your hype and hopes up because that's precisely what they want to do. They all want to do this. It's nothing new.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I think most people are really just annoyed to being led that this may be for a TWEWY sequel and the tweet giving fans false hope didnt help either. I realise SE were using this website as a nice way to reveal the iOS port, but it just seems a little too much for simply an iOS port and gave people the wrong idea, which along with the other factors, just made the iOS port underwhelming to what was being implied elsewhere.
If SE just made a suprise announcement a TWEWY iOS port was happening, there wouldnt be nearly as much hate.
To be honest, I was disappointed it was just the iOS port, after being led to think there would be more revealed, however I'm not really angry, I hope the port is good, but I think SE just handled the announcements in some wrong ways and gave fans the wrong idea and making them feel they've been trolled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome...