Hacking Thanks Nintendo!

muzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N has done me well. Sent a brick in that did not have a vulnerable boot1. They sent back an older console LU5X and it had sysmenu 3.4 installed. I would've thought it would have a higher version but guess not. And only 4 bad blocks on NAND. I wanted to post this in case anyone has been hesitant to send in, you may get lucky as I did. Also the turnaround time was less than 5 days. I would've paid for the repair had they determined foul play but I'll take things the way they are.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember how long my wii sat at 3.4j before bannerbomb came out boy did my psx and n64 get a lot of play time.
after destroying a fault modchip, i called Nintendo Customer Service and they hung up on me when i told them my wii updated to the Japanese system menu 3.4j the first time and the second time told me i would have to pay for it to be fixed.
third time i called some guy just said to hold out for a way to fix it through homebrew since i didn't have a Japanese copy of zelda TP or a working modchip, corrupt from the inside i guess.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:
N has done me well. Sent a brick in that did not have a vulnerable boot1. They sent back an older console LU5X and it had sysmenu 3.4 installed. I would've thought it would have a higher version but guess not. And only 4 bad blocks on NAND. I wanted to post this in case anyone has been hesitant to send in, you may get lucky as I did. Also the turnaround time was less than 5 days. I would've paid for the repair had they determined foul play but I'll take things the way they are.

Did you get your Wii back form the New York repair location? I bricked my system back in April and they gave me a 3.3 system back! NOA rulz!

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not be a 'problem', but it's certainly of no fucking benefit having 80 bad blocks, is it?
rolleyes.gif

fvnfish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:

Got the same result as you today. Sent a bricked newer wii in got a LU55 wii installed bootmii
biggrin.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
third time i called some guy just said to hold out for a way to fix it through homebrew since i didn't have a Japanese copy of zelda TP or a working modchip, corrupt from the inside i guess.
tongue.gif
Just because Nintendo doesn't like this stuff, it doesn't mean none of their people are aware of it, or that all of THEM hate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o