Thank you GBAtemp

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by JoseBove, Aug 1, 2011.

Aug 1, 2011

Thank you GBAtemp by JoseBove at 5:03 AM (1,137 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. JoseBove
    OP

Newcomer JoseBove Member

France
    Good evening tempers,

I just realized I've been checking this website on a daily basis for more than 8 years now and never really needed to post much because any question I have has already been answered. From my very first GBA Linker, (flash2advance 256mb if i remember correctly) to hacking my wii, I've always found answers to my questions with a good search...

It's just a message to thank the community, please don't consider this as spam, but I think it's important speak up to thank people when you get the chance rather than speaking up only to complain!

I wish I had more to contribute, but it's nice there is a place like this on the web!

Thank you GBATemp!

2. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    Well, you're welcome!

Et je voix que tu viens de France. J'imagine que tu parle francais?

Just checking if my french is still good. It's been months since I haven't used it. [​IMG]

3. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'm glad you've found you've found your answers and I'm glad the temp could help. Post more, it's nice to see a member like you with the etiquette that you have.

4. Holified 2x

Member Holified 2x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yay GBATEMP WHOOP WHOOP [​IMG]

5. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Dunno who you are, but you're welcome!

I'm relatively new here too, but the temp has been a godsend in more than one way to me.

6. JoseBove
    OP

Newcomer JoseBove Member

France
    Thank you machomuu, I try to give a hand when I can, but there are some real experts out here and I am no match for them, which is one of the best things about this place, whenever I have a question, I know I'll find the right answer here and not just the answer of a teenage kid who thinks he knows it all because he can launch a couple of roms and isos and thinks it's enough to just start his own website...

PS: funny how GBATemp is listing me in the group of "newcomers" after 8 years! [​IMG] Has anybody ever gathered screenshots of all the visual changes gbatemp has gone through? I would love to travel back in time like that, it would remind me when hacking was easy, with no IOS involved whatsoever and the most complicated thing you could do was getting moonshell to work properly [​IMG]

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Do you mean months since you have used it?

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Hello.
    I remember seeing your username on gbatemp [​IMG]
    (easy name to remember for a French ahah)

There is this page on the wiki where you can find a link to the waybackmachine with old gbatemp.2ya.com or m4d.sm
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/History_of_GBAtemp
    I don't remember if there's a place with a screen of every layouts we went through. Though, you can still change it in your preferences.

9. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    i've got a bunch of snapshots i took when the forum layout was changing, but i took them using evernote and it saved them as html instead of pictures =/