Question on power on issue

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wrote this one reddit too but hoping to get better answer here

So I’ve finally dug out my Wii U after idk how many years. Just a quick question. I’ve read about the Wii u not working for some people when it’s been off for long period. Thankfully mine did work.

My question is I think I’ll pack it away again when I’ve replayed WWHD which is the only reason I dug it out. Is there any benefit to hacking it as a back up Incase I ever dig it out again and it doesn’t turn on or regardless hacked or not if this issue happens my Wii u is gone in which case I’d rather keep it stock.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not a power issue you've read about its the eemc chip dying and it's apparently localised to the Toshiba models iirc??

Modding your console would ensure you can create a back up and restore your console in the event of the unthinkable.

So... Stock.. Dead. Modded... Recoverable.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No it's Hynix, the Toshiba ones are fine. We can also recovery them now without a backup. Doing a backup might still be worth it, as it forces the eMMC to read every page and detect and correct emerging errors, before they become irrecoverable.
If it is a Hynix it might make sense to install ISFShax, but on other eMMCs I wouldn't bother if it still works fine.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's Hynix, the Toshiba ones are fine. We can also recovery them now without a backup. Doing a backup might still be worth it, as it forces the eMMC to read every page and detect and correct emerging errors, before they become irrecoverable.
If it is a Hynix it might make sense to install ISFShax, but on other eMMCs I wouldn't bother if it still works fine.
Thanks guys. How do I check if it’s Hynix or Toshiba ?

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use wiiuident
Thanks everyone. Guess I’ll go down this road while i have the console out then before I pack it away again :)

I should ask, what guide do you guys recommend. All the ones I’m finding online are a few years old I’m assuming it’s cause nothing has changed with the method but just Incase I use an outdated one.

Last edited by misticknight1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol