Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Because the list of consoles above are the best of each generation (as chosen by GBATemp) each one could be compared to a high end vehicle, each from a different year. No one will argue that the NES was the 'Fiat' of its generation. But this analogy is getting very strained.

It would probably be a toss up between the NES and the SNES for me. They're both just so great.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that, like, three or so votes for the PS2 are because of annoyances they've had with it. *shrugs* Just my view.

What annoyances did the PS2 have? I'm not exactly and expert on the technical difficulties of the last gen but I was able to buy a used fat PS2 and it still runs without an issue.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skipping, occasional stopping in the middle of a game, loud hum of fan, those are the problems I experienced. Then again, we had that PS2 since release, and it started doing that... 2007/2008? That's from personal experience at least.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Skipping, occasional stopping in the middle of a game, loud hum of fan, those are the problems I experienced. Then again, we had that PS2 since release, and it started doing that... 2007/2008? That's from personal experience at least.

I bought more than 1 PS2 and i never experienced any of this.....loud hum of fan?.....can't say that i recall it being that loud, well that loud to annoy me

D

Deleted_171835

SNES without a doubt. The PS2 was a great console but personally I prefer the SNES.

There were so many great games for the system,
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't say ti was bad, I said it was overrated. There's a difference. If only you could shoot things in a first person perspective in realistic modern war like environment...

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES without a doubt. The PS2 was a great console but personally I prefer the SNES.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say ti was bad, I said it was overrated. There's a difference. If only you could shoot things in a first person perspective in realistic modern war like environment...

Well battles are in first person so it's pretty damn close and the setting isn't some weaboo's sci-fi wet dream.

That being said, Earthbound really is a bit overrated. I hate to sound like a hipster but people hype the shit out of it so much because it's "obscure". I mean it's a good series as a whole but I don't see why people make such a big deal out of it as they should. I have a feeling it's like Luigi's Mansion, where people all the sudden love it because no one else did.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Holy moley! What a week! It was a tight race between the PS2 and the SNES. As suspected, the Nintendo vote was split, but not split enough it seems, as here are the results:
ConsoleClassicSemifinal02-Results.png

And the SNES just barely snakes by!

So there you have it folks, the Super Nintendo is the best console according to our little community.

So how do the brackets stand?
ConsoleClassic-semifinal2bracket.jpg

Join me soon for the FINAL round. The one that determines which of the two semi-final winners is the best video gaming experience you ever did see!

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The few times I've posted in the same thread as you, Guild, it's been to express views differing greatly from your own. But this time is different.

The handheld group was pointless to begin with but for the top group you'd think Nintendo bias wouldn't necessarily play as large a role with the only recent Nintendo console in the group being a relatively unsucessful console. Still, Nintendo bias is the only substantial explanation I see for the SNES beating the PS2 given the latters superior controller, much longer lifetime and most importantly bigger library of games with greater variation and a quality treshold higher than that of the SNES. Not to say the SNES was a bad console, it's just that at best it gets marginally less raped by the PS2 compared to everything else on the list.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's alright guys. You can still prefer the PS2 in the safety of your own home. No need to be sad.

Also, this poll doesn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-