TF2 Night

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minox
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,028
  • Replies Replies 32

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,047
Solutions
3
Reaction score
5,476
Trophies
2
XP
6,489
Country
Japan
Tempy%20-%20TF2%20Soldier.png
TF2 Night
Friday 19th
hevy.jpg

Metal hevy on the loose, grab your weapons before it's too late!​

This Friday at 9PM CET the blastfest which also goes by the name TF2 Night will occur on the TF2 server "[CN] Temp Fortress - 24/7". Like last time the server IP is "217.163.31.47" so in case you haven't added it to your favorites already then do so now. Not too sure whenever 9PM CET is? Then you better go check out the link provided below so you don't miss out on the fun.

New this time around is an TF2 IRC relay bot. What does it do you ask? Well it allows people who aren't in-game to participate in the chat as it sends all the TF2 server chat messages to #tempfortress on the GBAtemp IRC network (irc2.gbatemp.net:5190). Obviously it also allows IRCers to send messages to the people on the TF2 server by using the !tf.msg command in #tempfortress. Other features exists, but I won't go into that here.

Also, to avoid confusion while playing against other tempers it'd preferred if you could use your GBAtemp username or at least something similar to it while playing on the server. This is of course optional, but it is a lot more fun when you know whoever that spy who keeps stalking you is.

smile.gif

And in case some of you are having trouble finding the server in the in-game browser there's another way to join. Enable the console in advanced options for TF2 and then press the tilde key(~) or add the launch option "-console" to the game before launching it from Steam. After that you should type "connect 217.163.31.47" into the opened console and you should automatically be connected to the server.


icon11.gif
Time
discuss.png
Discuss
 
And in case any of you haven't figured this out already, #tempfortress is the official TF2 Night channel from now on.
 
i might just play! its noon exactly for me... so i think that will work out unless i go somewhere! i just bought TF2 though, so i suck a little
wink.gif
 
finally on a saturday, i'll see how i'll pull up tomorrow morning and see if i can join or not. i haven't played tf2 in a while.
 
I'm no good at this because I only recently got it but its at an ok time for me, I think I'll come by.
 
Nintendude92 said:
I'm no good at this because I only recently got it but its at an ok time for me, I think I'll come by.

I had only played it for an hour or so when I played my first Temp Night, and I was around the middle of the rankings then.
So no sweat
smile.gif
 

Site & Scene News