Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tie between my cousin getting drafted into the NFL first round after years of hard work, and getting A's in all of my classes this semester (After being on probation for a semester due to bad grades)

mooseburglar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably cliche as well, but when I finished my first marathon this year. Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN in June. I was so happy when I crossed the finish line and just hugged my mom and cried tears of joy.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well my happiest memory of this year was when I left my original company and transferred to another company. I ended up working in Japan for 3 months after 10 working days here. Hope I win and the Wii U gets Wii U mode homebrew after.

cuamoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting my first job, for sure. I actually started about a week ago, so the paycheck hasn't hit yet, but it's a major step forward when I feel like I've just been kinda stagnant these past few years.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Been through a year of ups and downs, but my happiest and most satisfiying memory was getting compliments about my perfomance in university form my teacher of... biological fundaments of behaviour (I think it would translate to that). Really an awesome class, and quite hard too. I basically lived and even stopped playing for it. In the end it was rewarding and totally worth it. It also let me spend some good times with my girl, since we both study the same career, and we both tried really hard, studying together :) Experiencing a class like that, after years of bleak education, (I mean, I'm in the 3rd world after all...), really, really, makes me happy.

Thanks for everything, 'temp. I've always enjoyed this kind of special competitions you've done through the years. Really exciting too.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing that made me happiest this year was getting my first pet fish, nearly killing it by accidental neglect, but watching it get healthier and survive.

D

Deleted User

Like many people, 2012 wasn't the most pleasant. But there were many great thinks I'm happy for. My happiest memory this year might be cliche, but whatever.
I met this girl I really, really, reeeaaaalllly like. We aren't dating, nor am I friendzoned. (She has a boyfriend but there is no love, I swear..) We are really close. That was a little insider. But meeting her lead up to my happiest moment of this year for me. For Christmas I got her a necklace and she was really happy, which made me happy. She told her friends about it, my friends about it, and even Instagrammed it! It's pretty embarrassing that I got excited over an image on IG, but hey, it's the truth.
The post she made made me smile like a 12 year old school girl thinking about Justin Bieber:wub:.

I haven't been as active this year as the year before, but I shall get on more often in the future.
Have a great new year everyone! ^^

dogmarch

Potato Warrior - Anti Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
my best memory as of today was when I finally get to go back to school again. (I stopped for one semester.) and now enjoying my christmas vacation. :D also, I finally went to our schools alumni homecoming and it was very nice. :)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely every moment spent with a certain special girl in my life, she brightens up my day every time we meet. I hate all that mushy stuff but, yeah, this is an exception. ^_^

gameworm2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picking my happiest moment this year is tough because so many great things happened to me this year. However, if I had to pick just one it would have to be the birth of my first child. I had never known what happiness and joy were until that moment.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My runner-up best memory for this year. Not my official entry, I'm sticking with my original for my official competition entry. But I wanted to share this all the same for all those who have been accosted by moronic kids this year, or given abuse on the street by a fourteen year old who thinks he can take on a full grown man. A tale of urban youth being dealt with by its own stupidity biting it on the arse.

I saw a chav get hit by a car a few months back. One of those prats who acts all big and bad, thinking he can cross the road in heavy traffic and the whole world will stop for him so he can go as slowly as possible to impress his equally ignorant mates. Boy was he wrong. BAM! Broken leg, shattered shoulder, bike twisted beyond repair, and virtually no damage to the innocent driver who couldn't possibly have reacted in time.

Oh, don't worry. The idiot lived. But I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the prick taken down a few pegs and taught that he's not the absolute centre of the known universe (how could he be? I am :P ), in front of all his dumb little mates. I'm not saying he deserved it, but hey, if Fate wants to teach idiots a lesson, I'm all for it.

Minji20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure, but maybe making it into my local youth orchestra? It's not so much about getting in, but just being in it has made me really happy because it's a lot of fun playing with a full orchestra and my friends. There's also a certain special somebody there.... ;) although I'm pretty sure he forgets my existence too many times. But oh well. For me, 2012 has pretty much been nothing but good memories. At the very least, if I had any, I can't remember them. So, a good thing.

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not saying he deserved it, but hey, if Fate wants to teach idiots a lesson, I'm all for it.

And the voice of reason spoke again. I understand what you're talking about for living it every day, due to me living in a city filled with all sorts of schools (which implies students of all ages, although mostly of the 12-20 years old variant), and thus seeing those "acts of bravery" (read : acts of stupidity) nearly every day.

To give you an idea, I've got attacked 50+ times this year by guys and girls who thought (as I'm looking like some typical geek, with glasses, long hair and such) I'd be an easy target for money and fame over their friends. Their losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol