Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempmas Raffle 2018 - Merry Tempmas Everybody!

merrytempmas_medium.jpg

IT'S TEMPMAS!
MERRY TEMPMAS TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR WONDERFUL COMMUNITY!

It's been another wonderful year on GBAtemp: the blooming of the Switch scene, the Homebrew Bounty, the launch of our Webcomic, solving our server issues for good, and so much more. But HEY, wait, it isn't even over yet!

You might wonder: what about Tempmas this year? Every year there used to be multiple competitions and fun activities, so what about 2018? First off, due to the Bounty the budget has taken a hit (we're donating over $4000 to homebrew authors), and let's not forget the social media raffle. However, not to worry: we've got something in store for you! Read on.

What's up for grabs!

We're proud to announce that there will be 10 prizes up for grabs for this raffle. Check this out:
1ST PRIZE: a brand new Nintendo Switch console!
2nd: a $100 Amazon gift card
3rd: a $100 Amazon gift card
4th: a $100 Amazon gift card
5th: a $50 Amazon gift card
6th: a $50 Amazon gift card
7th: a $25 Amazon gift card
8th: a $25 Amazon gift card
9th: a $25 Amazon gift card
10th: a $25 Amazon gift card

How to enter?

So, do you guys wanna know how to win this? It is pretty easy, but there is just one tiny little requirement.
To enter, you must post a reply to this thread respecting the following rules:
RULE 1: Post a picture of your Christmas tree, or Christmas decorations from your own home.
RULE 1 (ALT): We want to give everyone a chance: if you don't celebrate Christmas, post a picture of your game console/gaming PC setup.
RULE 2: All pictures (whether you post a pic of your Christmas tree or your gaming setup) must include a reference to GBAtemp and to the year 2018, so that we know you didn't steal the picture off the Internet.
RULE 3: You must post before the end of the year (ie. before 2019 begins). Do not worry about the time zone as we will lock the thread on January 1st when all time zones have passed the new year.

Further details

The winners will be randomly selected during a live Twitch stream as usual, which will take place early January. If you win the Nintendo Switch but already own one, you can request 3x $100 Amazon gift cards instead.

We hope you have enjoyed this year at GBAtemp. What do you expect for 2019? Tell us more about how you'd like GBAtemp to improve and become (or remain) the best independent gaming community on the Web!

Merry Tempmas everybody,
~ the staff

tempmas_2018.jpg

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Happy end of year everyone!

Good luck to all!

Be happy and live in harmony!

And thanks to all GBATemp's people who make all of this possible!

Attachments

• IMG-20181227-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20181227-WA0037.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-20181227-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20181227-WA0038.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-20181227-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20181227-WA0039.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 123

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also make sure that if you're not already, save the money first rather than buying each part as you go. Because depending on how long it takes you, what you can get for the best value will change. Learned that the hard way when I could have gotten a 1070 TI instead of my Vega 56 only 2 or so weeks later ;-;

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also make sure that if you're not already, save the money first rather than buying each part as you go. Because depending on how long it takes you, what you can get for the best value will change. Learned that the hard way when I could have gotten a 1070 TI instead of my Vega 56 only 2 or so weeks later ;-;
I ordered a Ryzen 7 1700 (Huge sale) and a red devil RX 580 (and other standard parts)

Reactions: Blue

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this counts because I don't know any other way of showing 2018 gbatemp content than by pulling a browser page of the latest comic. To the left I have a WiiU gamepad and switch :)

IMG_20181229_144535.jpg

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Phew, almost missed this. Luckily I still lurk every now and then.
Happy holidays.

20181230_011628.jpg 20181230_011340.jpg

Floating Seal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my poor "gaming setup" with a poorly drawn mascot to match! There would have been a typical Christmas tree this year but I'm recently recovering from surgery and I'm not allowed to lift heavy objects, so I couldn't help my mom bring the tree or the box of decorations from the basement. Merry Tempmas 2018 errybody!

Tempmas 2018.jpg

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a 2018 for gbatemp, and everyone be well

setup.jpg

yea i feel like my setup is super ghetto compared to everyone else here LOL, no christmas for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!