Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just checked out the updated compatibility list and saw Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones was freezing during battles, which doesn't happen in NDSGBA 1.21.
Will test this with latest TempGBA and NDSGBA 1.21 again to confirm this tomorrow.

Reactions: Kikirini

mythical77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for a couple of hours, when all of a sudden the sound quality dropped noticably, and became very grainy. Any possible reason for this?

Edit: disregard this. I just reset the game and it's fine now.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great progress with this! Really looking forward to trying it, especially Astro Boy since it was laggy with the original emulator.
Just on a different note, I remember a while ago when you were curious on how the author did with the GBA emu coding regarding on key lag as it was perfect (or near perfect) and wanted to see if it was possible
to use the same code structure in CATSFC. Just curious if you ever got a chance to check on that now that you got the source or if it just wasn't what you were expecting.

Keep up the good work (as always)!

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great progress with this! Really looking forward to trying it, especially Astro Boy since it was laggy with the original emulator.
Just on a different note, I remember a while ago when you were curious on how the author did with the GBA emu coding regarding on key lag as it was perfect (or near perfect) and wanted to see if it was possible
to use the same code structure in CATSFC. Just curious if you ever got a chance to check on that now that you got the source or if it just wasn't what you were expecting.

Keep up the good work (as always)!
Now that you talk about it, I did try some stuff at Normmatt's advice. Normmatt basically said "NDSGBA doesn't have input lag because of the sequence in which it does things: input, THEN video, THEN sound". I replicated the sequence in CATSFC/Snes9x, and it didn't do anything. Because Snes9x gets input at scanline 225, and sends the frame at scanline 223, I tried to get the controls at scanline 0 and "play them back" at scanline 225, to no avail. It still had input lag at frameskip 1, so I had to leave auto as 2+.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? What's the menu short cut? I haven't seen it/figured it out... R+L+Start or something?
exiting-tempgba.png

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that one but once you've loaded a game, how do you get back to that menu?
Oh!

You touch the Touch Screen. And in the menu itself, you can assign a hotkey to the action of bringing up the menu. See /Tools/Global hotkeys.../Return to menu. By default, none is assigned, but you can assign, say, the X key.

Reactions: d.d.d.

holakingkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can anyone help me with this error ?
when i try to loading any game it show this error.
errorqf.jpg

my dstwo already the newest patch and newest firmware (as in sticky thread)
and i already follow the guide from the sticky thread from here

thx before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol