Temper Tantrums #13 - The Perfect Setup

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #13 "The Perfect Setup"

By @shaunj66[prebreak][/prebreak]

Thanks to @Quantumcat for the technical assistance with this issue!

< Previous comic | Next comic >

13.jpg

< Previous comic | Next comic >

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not 3DS but I felt this way with my retropie setup. So much time spent tweaking the controllers, boxart and setting the theme but as for playing it? Probably an hour or two at the most.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This is so accurate it hurts...
...well, except I didn't install CFW with MagnetHax. I installed CFW when A9LH was still a thing. In fact, my first interaction with 3DS Homebrew overall was when Tubehax still worked.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hahaha,

That sums up my whole experience on my 2DS and 2x New2DS painfully perfectly.

Read so much "how to", watched hours of youtube tutorials, run through so many threads - did a perfect job on every console. Even with beautiful "themes"... aaaaand thats all!
But to be fair - I played one game completly "Metroid Samus Returns" :-) totally worth it.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just the 2DS but really many systems I have after a while. Some people like to say the fun is in the journey. I say, the fun is in the journey if you actually get somewhere you want to go. Once there, though, you might not have much to do. :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

olimar718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still use the 3ds more than anything else. And I have a o3ds, the one with a tiny screen. There is a lot more exclusive games on the 3ds than on the switch so that's why I still haven't bought a switch. Not even my wii U is covered in dust.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I installed a ton of SNES cias on my n3DS and then played a ton of Pokemon. It's still a Pokemon machine, although it was briefly a Monster Hunter machine (makes me want to go back and play MH3 on here)...

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haaaa yeah, gave me such euphoria hacking it for the first time using Ironhax, then came downgrading to 9.2, emuNAND, A9LH, B9S, around the A9LH era is when I started to leave the 3DS alone, the small amount of games I wanted were on there, barely even touched.

Beautiful device, way too much time put into for the amount of attention I gave it. The Switch is what it should've been, and now we have it, it's a beautiful future...

Reactions: orangy57

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Super accurate. Got my NDS Lite + R4 in 2012, and i can count on my fingers how many games i actually played to the end. My 3DS i hacked some months ago with Luma3DS. Considering i didn't had much money to keep getting at least one new game per year, and i was tired of Pokémon and free-to-play games, i installed CFW. I expected to fill my 3DS with a bunch of games, but i mostly play two games. After installing DSiMenu++ i'm using my 3DS motly to play Pokémon Platinum, despite still having my NDS and working R4 with this game. Got a bunch of games from Villain3DS before everything went down, and still didn't cared to install many of those games to my 3DS.

What i think is - its more instesting to learn about the system and the act of hacking and breaking said system, than it is to actually using it after the unlocking process. Also, getting many games so easily takes alway the value of them. The same thing happens to me when dealing with emulators and my games on Steam.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU