Temper Tantrums #13 - The Perfect Setup

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #13 "The Perfect Setup"

By @shaunj66[prebreak][/prebreak]

Thanks to @Quantumcat for the technical assistance with this issue!

< Previous comic | Next comic >

13.jpg

< Previous comic | Next comic >

HCartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
My experience was the complete opposite. Still use my modified 3DS to this day.
Same here. I have it really modified, a bunch of games I'll eventually complete and the wonderful of being able to play NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS... It's the perfect handheld. Right now I'm going halfway through Yoshi's Island Advance, and it's incredible. Up next: Shovel Knight Treasure Trove

Reactions: aMp

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't apply to me.

I took a look at the 3ds library, figured out 3ds has no games, especially not having done so much during the GBA and DS era*, and skipped getting a 3ds at all for myself.

*for me the DS took all that made the GBA great and improved upon that. The 3ds at best was content to tread water and at worst bled all the interesting developers, and middle ground suffered the "we cloned a good game without an understanding of what made the original good" problem.

Had I got myself a 3ds though it absolutely would have applied.

UlisesAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In my case, was accurate a couple months ago. Now I use the 3DS and WiiU more than my Switch v4.1.0 (Waiting for Exosphère)

D

Deleted User

Oh my god. Why is this so true? I've got to make an effort to play my 3DS more! I'm going to start playing ALL the games I downloaded starting TODAY!

...Okay, maybe I can start tomorrow.

Reactions: shaunj66

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad. I think I've bought all of the 3DS games I've finish, or at least played close to completion. Well, at least it'll get used one last time. Persona Q2 is coming.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I played on my 3DS a LOT, it was my main gaming system for years (heck, I had three 3ds systems). But today, yeah, it's gathering dust.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
LOL, exactly what I do with all my modded consoles...It seems nowadays I only enjoy modding them and setting everything up.
And not playing games on them :(

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, a lot of hate for the 3DS here. I love my XL so much that i'm going to have to get a new shell, it's about worn out.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem games are pretty much what keeps my 3DS active and if I'm ever in the mood to play pkmn. The 3DS and Vita are at their highest peak in hacking its not going to get any better

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here