Tempcast: the GBAtemp Podcast, Episode 4!

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could anyone tell at what part SpikeyNDS connection was lost?
Was it around about when Hadrian was knocking Little's voice and SpikeyNDS went silent? I assumed it was from awkwardness, not connection problems.
tongue.gif

two40

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eergh, i posted the below in the 3rd episode thread by mistake. thought i'd post it here
tongue.gif

first of all, well done and thank you for the effort of producing a podcast. i'm a big podcast nerd and have heard many in my time. the best ones are almost always ones that mix in humour with good quality news. too much of one or the other and the listener gets bored.

building a rapport takes a bit of time. i love picking up a new cast at around episode 20+ when the presenters are familiar with themselves and it is instantly engaging because they play off each other very well.

length wise, i prefer the longer the better. some will dissagree but when you're on a good thing you can't get enough of it. an hour long cast seems like minutes once you have that rapport. anything below 30 min is much like a quicky. fun yes, but never enough.

segments. it's always good to experiment with new segments but stick with what your audience wants. there is so much you can do here. thread of the week where you discuss the, err discussion. point out an interesting topic that deserves a look. not everyone can keep up with all the threads within your community. throw in a bit of history about your community. it's always interesting to hear about how you got here and what happend when the database was lost that weekend and admins had to scramble to fix it etc. bit of backstory helps noobs like me appreciate the how why when who and what of this place. question of the week maybe? have little contests with questions that relate to the site and games. bit of trivia gets everyone involved which is great. feels more interactive instead of you talk we listen ~fin. the what are we (casters) playing this week. the game of the week. the old school rom of the week etc etc. im sure you have your ideas.

professionalism. if i may, f#$% it. you're not on a commercial radio station and you don't have sponsors to please. the pro podcasts tend to feel inorganic to me. they have no personality. i've listened to so many episodes where the casters wonder off in some weird convo string but it's all good because they're showing a side of themselves which is interesting. talk about your favourite TV shows or a movie you watched on the weekend. whatever. obviously too much of this is no good but maybe starting out the cast with a bit of 'hey how are you what did you get up to on the weekend' wouldn't be such a bad thing. you would hope over time your audience will want to hear about you because you interest them.

humour. you can never have enough unless it's bad humour. you know, the cheezy playground shite that gets flung around. sex references and such. as i said above, you need humour mixed in with news and info. often, the best kind is left on the cutting room floor so to speak. include all those crack up mistakes at the end of the cast. the more the merrier. you've finished with your job and if a listener wants to switch off they can but often the mistakes you leave out are extremely entertaining and reveal a lot about you.

anyway, thanks for the effort and good luck with future episodes.
wink.gif

mattyb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great tempcast again guys however seriously how many times can one person say gay in one podcast....obviously a lot
tongue.gif
but still thanks and keep up the good work!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eergh, i posted the below in the 3rd episode thread by mistake. thought i'd post it here
tongue.gif

first of all, well done and thank you for the effort of producing a podcast. i'm a big podcast nerd and have heard many in my time. the best ones are almost always ones that mix in humour with good quality news. too much of one or the other and the listener gets bored.

building a rapport takes a bit of time. i love picking up a new cast at around episode 20+ when the presenters are familiar with themselves and it is instantly engaging because they play off each other very well.

length wise, i prefer the longer the better. some will dissagree but when you're on a good thing you can't get enough of it. an hour long cast seems like minutes once you have that rapport. anything below 30 min is much like a quicky. fun yes, but never enough.

segments. it's always good to experiment with new segments but stick with what your audience wants. there is so much you can do here. thread of the week where you discuss the, err discussion. point out an interesting topic that deserves a look. not everyone can keep up with all the threads within your community. throw in a bit of history about your community. it's always interesting to hear about how you got here and what happend when the database was lost that weekend and admins had to scramble to fix it etc. bit of backstory helps noobs like me appreciate the how why when who and what of this place. question of the week maybe? have little contests with questions that relate to the site and games. bit of trivia gets everyone involved which is great. feels more interactive instead of you talk we listen ~fin. the what are we (casters) playing this week. the game of the week. the old school rom of the week etc etc. im sure you have your ideas.

professionalism. if i may, f#$% it. you're not on a commercial radio station and you don't have sponsors to please. the pro podcasts tend to feel inorganic to me. they have no personality. i've listened to so many episodes where the casters wonder off in some weird convo string but it's all good because they're showing a side of themselves which is interesting. talk about your favourite TV shows or a movie you watched on the weekend. whatever. obviously too much of this is no good but maybe starting out the cast with a bit of 'hey how are you what did you get up to on the weekend' wouldn't be such a bad thing. you would hope over time your audience will want to hear about you because you interest them.

humour. you can never have enough unless it's bad humour. you know, the cheezy playground shite that gets flung around. sex references and such. as i said above, you need humour mixed in with news and info. often, the best kind is left on the cutting room floor so to speak. include all those crack up mistakes at the end of the cast. the more the merrier. you've finished with your job and if a listener wants to switch off they can but often the mistakes you leave out are extremely entertaining and reveal a lot about you.

anyway, thanks for the effort and good luck with future episodes.
wink.gif
If you think we haven't already thought of all that, then you are full of yourself.
tongue.gif
We've had pretty much all those idea well before the release of the first episode. Actually getting it all together is another thing entirely. Especially when you have people who are unreliable showing up... hence the new regulars. Hoping to really be able to move things forward with hadrian and lagman. To the future!
grog.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still haven't had time to listen
frown.gif

Hadrian has lots of video game knowledge so should be great
smile.gif
I'm sure he'd cut back on the gays next time, probably did it without thinking which is understandable.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Nov 13 2007, 08:53 PM)]Still waiting out here on that uncut link...

frown.gif

Sorry, I would have given it to you but I have been kinda stripped of most of my responsibilities, so I don't have a copy of it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!