tekken prime and An error has occurred

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by warriosbest, Aug 25, 2016.

1. warriosbest
    OP

warriosbest GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2012
    my system is new 3dsll , 10.7.0-32J
    i was trying install many cia files (eur, us) but when i start game, after nintendo 3ds logo, black screen then it back to home screen with error
    An error has occurred, forcing the software to close

anyone know how to fix it ?

2. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    We need more info, i mean, that happends only with that game? What CFW are you using?

3. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012
    i use this : https://git.io/vatfr

happens on some games (but after install other version of cia, i can play it) and video.....
    so
    tekken prime is only game i can't play even when installed US,EUR and other version of user upload (trying to find JAP cia but i can't find)

4. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    So, you're using Luma3DS CFW, right? If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, boot the 3DS with Select button pressed to see Luma's version and configuration and post it here.

And well, right now i can't tell exactly why you get that error, other than a bad .cia file, bad SD quality or using an outdated firmware. In any case, try to explain how did you get into CFW to see if have any relevance for those errors.

5. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012
    it boot directly to home even when i hold select and turn on system

if it's outdated fw, so i can't play new game(but i can)

i can't find any jap .cia to install

old thread have same problem : https://gbatemp.net/questions/does-anyone-play-tekken-3d-prime-cia-file-on-cfw-rxtools.2642/

6. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    must be one of those prepatched for 4.x cias
    i'm gonna try my dump, perhaps try another cia?

7. WooHyun

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    Hey, I experienced the exact same issue! I had a Korean O3DS with Korean rxtools CFW, every game worked fine, regardless of region, but GBA CIAs and Tekken. I installed region unlocked NA tekken cia but it didn't run on my Korean CFW.
    I don't know what makes that error but I solved it by changing my emunand region to NA. Maybe you can do the same.

Last edited by WooHyun, Aug 31, 2016
  8. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    Try using freeShop or CIAngel to install it directly from the CDN to make sure the CIA isn't bad.

9. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012

installed both, i can't find tekken prime

and my microSD

http://i.imgur.com/0g9jopz.png

it really strange, when i run freeshop, tab application, i didn't see tekken prime (even it installed) so i think there's a problem system not recognize this game

Last edited by warriosbest, Sep 1, 2016
  10. WooHyun

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    If you try everything and still it doesn't work, try changing your emunand region to USA for last resort. It worked for me, at least.

11. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    are you on n3ds? you might have to disable that option in the luma menu that forces all games to use the n3ds additional power.
    i heard it causes crashes in some games

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

tekken prime has no eshop release. freeshop might be limited to things on eshop

astronautlevel likes this.
  12. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012

5th edited : installed luma and trying use Enable region/language emulation: on 3d (US/EUR) videos, it worked...i will try to reinstall tekken prime later :)

thank guys for suggest luma,ciangel & freeshop

Last edited by warriosbest, Sep 1, 2016
  13. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012
    Tekken still not working when i use region emulation, Tekken 3D Prime Edition (USA) (RF)

14. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Format system

15. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012
    pikmi 3d video US are same, but dinosaur 3d, meat & run, .v..v working when i use region emulation... so i think it's depends on cia you used to install

16. WooHyun

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    I'd really suggest changing your emunand region. It magically fixed this for me. Went to the "iso site", got system backup, installed on my emunand, and my emunand has become USA and runs Tekken Prime at last.

17. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    i can guarantee you, this game can not run out of region even with luma's region changer. you will have to get the version of your region.

18. warriosbest
    OP

Sep 4, 2012
    yep, i think so :) i'm not try EUR version yet...so i will give it last chance

after i installed luma and know about emu region/lang.... i dont want change sys region anymore, cuz now i dont have any reason to change :D

19. Idoy

Idoy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    can you run now tekken prime edition?
    do you have a fix?
    I have same problem. i have 3ds Japan version + arm9loaderhax + luma3ds 6.6..
    last time, i can run tekken when i my 3ds japan region change to USA + arm9loaderhax + luma3ds 6.6, but unfortunately all extended ram mode games are the others i can't run. so i switch back to original region.

Last edited by Idoy, Jan 26, 2017