Team Xecutor domain seized by ICE

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The benefits to these ultimately get shafted by the fact that their software was closed-source and they didn't release the documentation for the new exploits. The help they provided seemed more to appear helpful for the community but just short of actually didn't help when we can't recreate their products. Ultimately, without source codes nor proper documentation, their help can be argued as just keeping a good enough public image and nothing more.
its crazy to me that all the people praising SX OS love to ignore the fact it had fucking brick code in it which should have made any person with a brain avoid it like the plague

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is inherently wrong about closed sourced software? They were able to achieve things that no other group could because they had funding. Do you think if they made payment for their work voluntary that they would have anywhere near that level of funding? Of course not, if donations were enough to hack Mariko any other group would have done it before TX. As for documentation what do you want documented? Glitching the og model switch was already publicly documented yet no other group was able to adapt the setup to Mariko.

For what it's worth TX doesn't give a flying fuck about how sceners perceive them. Why would they? Their primary audience is children and adults lacking technical knowledge. Neither of those groups care about what a bunch of nerds on GBATemp and /r/switchhacks think so keeping up a good public image is unnecessary. They did what they did because they wanted to.
The fact that their CFW is dead and all benefits of the CFW are becoming increasingly more outdated is the problem with closed-source software. When an open-source project shuts down, for whatever, someone can just pick up the project, we saw this with ReiNAND to Luma3DS and Rei-Six and freeShop. SXOS does not have this benefit and all future community benefits died off when the team died. The documentation would be the exploit used for their Mariko chips. Something explaining how they went about making their boards and so on. Since they are gone, we don’t have that information. That’s the issue with closed-source, it creates a dependency on the team and that only hurts the community when/if the team gets shutdown.
As for the second part, the things you listed were PR, that’s why they did them. The fact that they even promoted their products here were PR. They were a team that wanted people to buy their products and depend on them. Their target audience was just anyone buying their products and it seems like their efforts to “help” the community were more done for PR than a genuine effort to help

Reactions: Kioku

revzyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I checked a few weeks back, the domains were already seized by the glow boys with a message. So kinda old news

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And their doom. They were prosecuted mainly because of this chip, not CFW itself.

And this domain was used for activating and updating SX OS. So RiP in pepperoni.
the heat was on once they started selling software with sigpatches included. the chip was just the last straw.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really hope we finally see the end of Team Xecuter. Team Xecuter never really did anything to help the community, outside of selling closed-source software to people who wanted to pirate games. These teams don't help when it comes to benefiting the actual homebrew development and furthering the community.
I mean, their modchip did a ton. Not a fan of their ethics, but my Switch wouldn't be modded without em. So...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean, their modchip did a ton. Not a fan of their ethics, but my Switch wouldn't be modded without em. So...
Ya literally liked the post I was about to quote, lol
The fact that their CFW is dead and all benefits of the CFW are becoming increasingly more outdated is the problem with closed-source software. When an open-source project shuts down, for whatever, someone can just pick up the project, we saw this with ReiNAND to Luma3DS and Rei-Six and freeShop. SXOS does not have this benefit and all future community benefits died off when the team died. The documentation would be the exploit used for their Mariko chips. Something explaining how they went about making their boards and so on. Since they are gone, we don’t have that information. That’s the issue with closed-source, it creates a dependency on the team and that only hurts the community when/if the team gets shutdown.
As for the second part, the things you listed were PR, that’s why they did them. The fact that they even promoted their products here were PR. They were a team that wanted people to buy their products and depend on them. Their target audience was just anyone buying their products and it seems like their efforts to “help” the community were more done for PR than a genuine effort to help
So yeah, this^ much of the good gets hurt by them taking it to the grave

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*