Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
At least this thread makes for an easy shill reel.

Fuck Team Xecuter. Props to m4xw and co.

This isn't a matter of "legal vs illegal". This is literally asking them to break the law. There's no "technical" GPL exemption clause saving TX. There is no "it's not a bribe". It's flat out scumbags being dirty. No water muddying.

Oh no. The company that sells software that allows you to illegally pirate games doesnt care about breaking the law!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Unfortunately it seems TX from the onset was not / is not willing to get along with the community.
Yet all the profit they've made / are actually making came from the same community.
It is one thing to be morally wrong but it is anither thing to try and corrupt others for your own interests.
Kudos to @m4xw for his integrity and selfless efforts towards the community. Guys like him are what keeps many coming back and enjoying thjs community.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its called business. Live with it. I find it entertaining that the people that hate TX seem to care so much about this lol I dont even use SX OS and the only thing I joke about is emubanned and emubricc LMAO

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty long thread based on a vague tweet. I'd love to see the evidence before making any judgements, especially if none of the communication was done in Chinese (it can be easy to misunderstand someone who doesn't know the nuances involved in the English language).

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
https://twitter.com/libretro/status/1046891214824460293

You can't make this shit up. They offered over $6,000 to the RetroNX team to stop all development and pick back up exclusively under SX OS. A violation of LibRetro's license and illegal. Based @m4xw and @natinusala not falling for the chinaman's tricks!

Yes you can ...it depends on how you want to tell the story!
Big deal, they asked someone to create content exclusive for the SX OS ...at least they offered to pay for it!
Get over yourself...

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pretty long thread based on a vague tweet. I'd love to see the evidence before making any judgements, especially if none of the communication was done in Chinese (it can be easy to misunderstand someone who doesn't know the nuances involved in the English language).
If you would have read through the whole thread then you would have seen the guy who got the offer commented on page one and the guy from xecuter commented on page 2 well someone who is close to team xecuter

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you would have read through the whole thread then you would have seen the guy who got the offer commented on page one and the guy from xecuter commented on page 2 well someone who is close to team xecuter
Read the whole thread before posting. Perhaps go get some fresh air instead of arguing for the sake of arguing like you usually do?

Reactions: DarthDub

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is ! The guy who got the offer gave more information and so did the guy who knows xecuter who contacted the guy and relayed most information.
Ugh, why can't you let things go are you autistic? There is no evidence. My whole point was he could've misunderstood someone Chinese trying to communicate in English.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ugh, why can't you let things go are you autistic? There is no evidence. My whole point was he could've misunderstood someone Chinese trying to communicate in English.
i don't think so plus you're not letting it go either so you could be autistic 2 then. To me and most people that is enough explanation and everything is explained by those 2 people.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i don't think so plus you're not letting it go either so you could be autistic 2 then. To me and most people that is enough explanation and everything is explained by those 2 people.
I'm also not the only one who posted in this thread asking for actual evidence. I know it's a popular thing on GBAtemp to jump on bandwagons with pitchforks but in the real world we have to make decisions more carefully based on actual evidence.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm also not the only one who posted in this thread asking for actual evidence. I know it's a popular thing on GBAtemp to jump on bandwagons with pitchforks but in the real world we have to make decisions more carefully based on actual evidence.
2 official people giving an explanation is enough evidence for me. Nothing to do with jumping on a bandwagon when 2 official people that have everything to do with the topic at hand comment in this thread giving out more of an explanation. I get what you're saying but for me that ain't just about jumping on the bandwagon

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2 official people giving an explanation is enough evidence for me. Nothing to do with jumping on a bandwagon when 2 official people that have everything to do with the topic at hand comment in this thread giving out more of an explanation. I get what you're saying but for me that ain't just about jumping on the bandwagon
The second official person you're talking about said he didn't know anything about what happened after facilitating the initial contact, and if you read his post (he's an admin on the TX forums I believe) he seems rather surprised/concerned if the claims against TX are true. And again, having received emails from TX in the past I know how poor their English is so it could easily be a misunderstanding by the dev.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The second official person you're talking about said he didn't know anything about what happened after facilitating the initial contact, and if you read his post (he's an admin on the TX forums I believe) he seems rather surprised/concerned if the claims against TX are true. And again, having received emails from TX in the past I know how poor their English is so it could easily be a misunderstanding by the dev.
telling them to stop working on everything open source. Hmmm i don't know, it's a bit hard to misunderstand something so basic but i get what you're saying. it always could be

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
telling them to stop working on everything open source. Hmmm i don't know, it's a bit hard to misunderstand something so basic but i get what you're saying. it always could be
I'm not saying it's true, just that I personally prefer to see evidence before making a judgement. It's way too common for threads on GBAtemp to go crazy when the initial assumption wasn't even true. Based on TX history though, I wouldn't be surprised and not to mention it's not seen as unusual for business in China to run this way.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not saying it's true, just that I personally prefer to see evidence before making a judgement. It's way too common for threads on GBAtemp to go crazy when the initial assumption wasn't even true. Based on TX history though, I wouldn't be surprised and not to mention it's not seen as unusual for business in China to run this way.
well let's hope they give more explanation then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo